Poll: If YOU were AJ Green, Would you sign with the Bengals or GO to another Team in 2020 ?
No way that I would stay – I’d go to a Winning Organization period
I’d leave but I’d choose Maximum Money over a Winning Organization, if I can’t have both
Let things play out with Front Office & I’d be 50/50 as to staying or leaving – open minded
I would stay for a decent price, cement Franchise records as a receiver, don’t have to uproot
I’d stay if decent Money because I still think Winning will come
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If YOU were AJ Green, Would you sign with the Bengals or GO to another Team in 2020 ?

What would you do if you were an aging Star like AJ Green and have been with this one Organization your entire career  ?

If YOU were AJ Green, Would you sign with the Bengals or GO to another Team in 2020 ?

Take the Poll  
Reply/Quote
If the guy wants to win, he knows it won’t happen here anytime soon,
Reply/Quote
I've personally left employment after seeing the organization go in a direction I didn't have faith in and/or operate in manners which didn't set me up for success so...I guess #1 for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've personally left employment after seeing the organization go in a direction I didn't have faith in and/or operate in manners which didn't set me up for success so...I guess #1 for me.

Plus I would want to experience everything that I could during a Career which would include winning Playoff games, Conference Championships, Super Bowls etc.

Also just having a chance to see how another NFL Organization operates is something I would be curious about after being with Cincy all this time.

Be hard not to look for greener pastures and have new experiences before it all comes to an end due to age.
Reply/Quote
If I were AJ the only thing I’d care about at this point is winning a championship. He’s got enough money to never have to work another day in his life. He won’t be winning a championship here so I’d be looking at the Pats/Saints if the QB’s don’t retire. Maybe SF/etc but I’d really want an established HC and top notch QB in an organization that has proven they know how to win.
Reply/Quote
I'd for sure resign with the Bungs. But that's me, very low competitive drive with a shitty work ethic.

Way I see it, I can resign with the Bengals for millions of dollars, loaf in practice, pretend to be injured and skip half the season, and face no pressure to succeed.

Sign me up.
Reply/Quote
[Image: its_all_about_the_benjamins_greeting_car...vr_512.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You left off the poll doing what AJ himself said he wanted to do. Stay with this organization and retire with all the records. 
Reply/Quote
AJ is following in the steps of Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson... a 1 team guy
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 04:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You left off the poll doing what AJ himself said he wanted to do. Stay with this organization and retire with all the records. 

That's option 4...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He has already stated on numerous occasions that he wants to stay, I don't think its all about money with AJ,
Reply/Quote
If I was AJ I’d want to play with an elite QB, and have a shot at both a SB ring, and the HoF. If I already had all the money he has, that would he priority #1.

I respect the hell out of him wanting to stay though. I might not understand it, but I respect it.

Reply/Quote
I'd take the maximum amount of guaranteed money that was offered to me if I were AJ. If the offers were close I'd probably stay put (unless offered a job somewhere that I'd really like to move to). You don't have to uproot your family, you stay with an organization that you're familiar with, and your loyalty may be paid back down the road with another contract/coaching opportunity/cool tribute.
Reply/Quote
He said he wanted to stay and I believe he will. Plus, even tho 0-8, he believes in the direction ZT is taking the team and feels if he had not been injured, our record would be different.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He said he wanted to stay and I believe he will. Plus, even tho 0-8, he believes in the direction ZT is taking the team and feels if he had not been injured, our record would be different.

That is a good point.

While AJ does not show signs of an Antonio Brown level sense of self importance, I am sure he has a certain amount of Pride in his abilities and he may think that his impact on the field would have improved the Bengals win record so far this season had he played.

Not sure how many extra wins he may believe he would have brought so far in 2019 had he played but a player's personal ego can factor into his belief in the team he is on.

AJ handles any personal pride/ego very well especially when compared to Antonio Brown who thinks the World revolves around him and his abilities.
Reply/Quote
Nearly every player when it comes new contract time, bangs the company drum. "I love it here, I wanna retire a __________, blah, blah, blah. Then as soon as another team shows them the $$$$ they're gone quicker than you can say he's outta here.

Not so fast with AJ though. He's a bird of a different feather. I really believe he wants to stay, L. Fitzgerald 2.0 Now whether or not the Bengals (MB) place his value as high as AJ does ???

I've got this feeling AJ believes he's worth a top dollar contract and in many ways he's right. But his injury history over the last 3 seasons or so puts a big dent in that value as far as many are concerned I'm sure.

How it all plays out ?

I'd like to see AJ get deep in the playoffs and win a ring, the chances he'll do that here before he's to old, slim to none. I can't say I'll be mad if he stays but I won't be mad if he goes either.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: AJ is following in the steps of Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson...    a 1 team guy

He's like the next Hines Ward.
Reply/Quote
If I'm AJ, and the money is comparable, I'm going to the best team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote