Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Could Pick Only 4 In Any Sport!
Tiger

I thought that this would be an interesting something to do without a wrong answer just you in a room with your greats. So here's the question:
If you could put four of "Your" sports icons in any era in a room and just listen.. Who would they be?

So for me.... This is very difficult because your going to miss an important person that you've seen your whole life and probably looked up to. Some may laugh but its too hard for me right now! I don't have an answer yet.

1) Cal Ripken
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Pete Rose
4) Lawrence Taylor

Rock On

https://youtu.be/qvB7WMP9EAs

Reply/Quote
1) Mike Tyson
2) Muhammad Ali
3) Ron Artest
4) John Rocker

In the spirit of the question, but not exactly MY personal greats.... I went more with a realty TV show theme.
Reply/Quote
Jack Nicklaus
Johnny Bench
Tiger Woods
Arnold Palmer
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Jack Nicklaus
Johnny Bench
Tiger Woods
Arnold Palmer

Two of my all time greats on that list in Nicklaus & Woods!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 1) Mike Tyson
2) Muhammad Ali
3) Ron Artest
4) John Rocker

In the spirit of the question, but not exactly MY personal greats.... I went more with a realty TV show theme.

This is just an interesting conversation.Period
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 1) Mike Tyson
2) Muhammad Ali
3) Ron Artest
4) John Rocker

1-3 would just team up and jump Rocker if we’re being completely honest here
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 11:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 1-3 would just team up and jump Rocker if we’re being completely honest here

Oh, yeah, for sure. I would think the build up conversation into the explosion would be must see TV.... and then the fire works begin!
Reply/Quote
Jackie Robinson

Babe Didrickson

Pat Tillman

OJ Simpson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Tyson
Simone Biles
Gabby Douglas
McKayla Maroney
Reply/Quote
Moreso than just, "listen," things are always better over a meal, so it would be 4 people to have to dinner. I would probably have 3 or 4 baseball players, but I'll put one from each sport of my favourite sports.

1. Eric Hinske; have met him 3 times and he is my idol/favourite baseball player ever. While I never struck out as much as he did, I modeled my entire game after he did. Always hustled (save for a few times in '04/'05), absolutely solid fundamentally and similar in build to myself, would love to enjoy a meal with him. Norwegian background as well, have never even spoken to someone else of that background, let alone meet one so that would be cool.

2. Karl Wendlinger; my 3rd favourite driver ever (after Prost and Schumacher), I would pick him for the sole fact that he raced WITH the giants of the late 80s/90s and was in the Mercedes academy with Schumacher. Austrian background puts him as another I've not met and they are on the border with Italy, so there would be a lot to talk about.

3. Whitworth; No-brainer. A wonderful human being (from what we can all see), I don't need to explain.

4. Jonah Lomu; he may have passed away, but definitely would be the person from the rugby world to invite. Played at the top, for the best team/nation ever and was just an absolute monster. And a NZer!

Honourable mention: Vinnie Jones; not a soccer fan at all, but absolutely love him as an actor and since he played in the CL, he counts! LOL

If it were 4 baseball players:

1. Hinske
2. Andres Galarraga
3. Brian Giles
4. Roy Halladay
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 11:07 PM)Emeritus Wrote: This is just an interesting conversation.Period

Yes it is.

It is going to take me a while to come up with a serious answer.

For example I consider Lebron and Jordan two of the greatest athletes of my lifetime, but I would not want to hang out with either one of them.
Reply/Quote
1) Pete Rose
2) Michael Jordan(of the chicago bulls)
3) a great hockey player who was also a degenerate gambler
4) a great football player who was also a degenerate gambler

Help me out with the last 2
Reply/Quote
For the back yard BBQ

Pete Rose
John Daly
Earl Campbell
A.J. Foyt