Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If You Purchased A Hands Free Car Do You Trust It? Then why Zac
(06-13-2022, 04:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just rewatched the Bengals-KC playoff game on NFL network and was impressed with how composed ZT was in even the most tense of situations. In retrospect, I also enjoyed his smile in overtime when Apple dropped the potential game-winning interception. I think his calmness and confidence spreads to the players.

I also really enjoyed watching Burrow's calm demeanor in that game. At one point, in a very tense moment, he even broke out into a broad smile. Not a Ryan Finley "I-don't-belong-here-but-this-is-fun" smile, but a composed, confident smile in a moment of great pressure. 

Exactly!

I read through a lot of these posts and it's as if people expect ZT to be a robot and perfect in year 3. That's absurd. He'll never be perfect. BB is the greatest coach of all time and makes mistakes. Always has. Every coach does. Yet, these jackals are sitting here just pick pick picking away at a GREAT SEASON.

Most impressive thing about ZT is that accountability isn't  a 4 letter word to him and he learns and adapts. He is improving. Trending UP. That is awesome!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Exactly!

I read through a lot of these posts and it's as if people expect ZT to be a robot and perfect in year 3. That's absurd. He'll never be perfect. BB is the greatest coach of all time and makes mistakes. Always has. Every coach does. Yet, these jackals are sitting here just pick pick picking away at a GREAT SEASON.

Most impressive thing about ZT is that accountability isn't  a 4 letter word to him and he learns and adapts. He is improving. Trending UP. That is awesome!

Required reading for Fredtoast
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Required reading for Fredtoast

And the exacts same post from after the 2009 season should be required reading for a few of you newcomers around here.
Reply/Quote
Zac going to the SB in his third year as HC is a pretty good start on his resume.

Considering the Bengals team he inherited, I'd say a great start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And the exacts same post from after the 2009 season should be required reading for a few of you newcomers around here.

Huh?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Exactly!

A lot of people dug in their heels on Zac, and can't move on. He's the new Dalton.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 04:22 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Huh?

After the '09 team won a lot of games in the last seconds with a bunch of key 4th down conversions the fanbase claimed we were headed for the Super Bowl in 2010 with the addition of Terrel Owens.

Turns out the '09 team was not as good as its record indicated.  But at the time anyone claiming that was heavily ridiculed.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: After the '09 team won a lot of games in the last seconds with a bunch of key 4th down conversions the fanbase claimed we were headed for the Super Bowl in 2010 with the addition of Terrel Owens.

Turns out the '09 team was not as good as its record indicated.  But at the time anyone claiming that was heavily ridiculed.

All those records from the old Mothership message board are gone now, aren't they?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: All those records from the old Mothership message board are gone now, aren't they?

But everyone that was there will confirm this.

'10 was possibly the most hyped season in team history.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But everyone that was there will confirm this.

'10 was possibly the most hyped season in team history.

It was definitely expected to be a big season.
09 team with Palmer another year removed from his elbow injury, plus T.O. opposite of Chad.
Bengals definitely had the weapons - Chad, TO, Shipley in the slot, Gresham, Benson.
Having Roland and Livings starting on the OL definitely wasn't great though.
And Palmer threw a lot of INTs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote