Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If You're Wondering Why Boyd Has Been Silent..........
Just another reason why we need Chase back, but, if you're wondering where Tyler Boyd has been, this is him on third and 9!

[Image: FitLSPTXoAYblgD?format=jpg&name=small]

He's being triple covered!

And it looks like Higgins is being doubled on the other side too! I'd even take Hurst one-on-one against that DB!

Let them try and do that and only rush four because Burrow will pick any defense apart if he has time to throw!

Now on to the biggest factor.......... we get Chase back this week! You want to keep doubling those two, rushing only four, and leave Chase single covered?!

BE MY GUEST!

I know it has been repeated a thousand times, but this offense can be DANGEROUS!
Reply/Quote
Actually Chase missing those games could be a blessing in disguise as long as he comes back fully healthy.

TheBengals have learned a lot of different ways to beat teams since he left and are becoming a Swiss army knife type of offense and once Chase opens things back up the sky is the limit.

Mixon missing and them seeing what Perine can do getting the lions share didn't hurt either. just need them both back and get the team back to full strength.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Boyd is silent but deadly, defenses must be aware of him. With Cooper Krupp on .IR, Tyler is currently the best slot receiver in the NFL according to Next Gen Stats. It made sense to put him in multi man coverage
while Ja’Marr was out. Can’t do that when the big 3 any Hurst are all on the field.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He's being triple covered!

The fact that he is drawing all of that attention is the reason that I see Two (2) different targets open, and in single coverage.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Actually Chase missing those games could be a blessing in disguise as long as he comes back fully healthy.

TheBengals have learned a lot of different ways to beat teams since he left and are becoming a Swiss army knife type of offense and once Chase opens things back up the sky is the limit.

Mixon missing and them seeing what Perine can do getting the lions share didn't hurt either. just need them both back and get the team back to full strength.

I have thought the same thing.  Some teams that Boyd has killed before seemed as though they were going to make Burrow beat them outside without Chase.  Burrow adapted and used more of the RBs and TEs, with high%, low-risk passes.  I used to think his only weakess (and it was more of something he wasn't stellar at) was his always seeming to want to push the ball down the field. 

When it worked, it was great, but there was often a lot of hits or sacks as he would hold the ball until a WR broke free.  Kurt Warner was like that and it definitely shortened his career.  It is great at the same time of being dangerous.

How he has adapted has only made this team tougher to defend.  With the way the offensive line is playing now, and Chase's return, the Bengals are ready to roll.  Should be insanely fun to watch and I can't wait to see Sunday's game against the team that everyone is now touting as the Super Bowl favorites.  As of today, it looks like it will be dry and not too windy, but cold.  That stadium will be rocking!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Actually Chase missing those games could be a blessing in disguise as long as he comes back fully healthy.

Fully agree with this. Necessity is the mother of invention and all that, and I think Chase being out just forces us to do things a little differently. That 'little differently' could be key come playoff time.

I actually think Perine coming in has been bigger though. We know the receiving options are all ballers, but Perine has come in and not been disappointing once given the lead role. That's a big deal imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 10:13 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Fully agree with this. Necessity is the mother of invention and all that, and I think Chase being out just forces us to do things a little differently. That 'little differently' could be key come playoff time.

I actually think Perine coming in has been bigger though. We know the receiving options are all ballers, but Perine has come in and not been disappointing once given the lead role. That's a big deal imo.

Having Perine in more makes us more unpredictable. Because he can pass block, receive, and run. When he was in before Mixon got hurt, you’re almost guaranteed it’s a pass.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Titans did their due diligence.
Reply/Quote
Watching this play from All-22, this seems more coincidental. The Titans look like they are playing cover one to me. It's middle field closed, at least. Cover one or three. That safety that is just standing is there is likely playing seam help or RAT if it is cover one, so Boyd ran into his area and he engages. I don't think it is cover three because none of the defensive backs are sprinting to their zone. They are backpedaling with their eyes on the receivers. The only two guys who stand out is the low LBer and safety. Could be a RAT high/low.

Either way, I don't think it is intentional triple coverage. It just worked out that way because of Boyd's pathing.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 10:16 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Having Perine in more makes us more unpredictable. Because he can pass block, receive, and run. When he was in before Mixon got hurt, you’re almost guaranteed it’s a pass.

This is the biggest thing as the same back is on the field for all 3 downs.  Not that that never happened with Mixon but Perine is so much more well rounded, can run, block and catches passes, and surprisingly really good at all 3.

The only reason he is not the feature back full time is money - sadly.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just another reason why we need Chase back, but, if you're wondering where Tyler Boyd has been, this is him on third and 9!

[Image: FitLSPTXoAYblgD?format=jpg&name=small]

He's being triple covered!

And it looks like Higgins is being doubled on the other side too! I'd even take Hurst one-on-one against that DB!

Let them try and do that and only rush four because Burrow will pick any defense apart if he has time to throw!

Now on to the biggest factor.......... we get Chase back this week! You want to keep doubling those two, rushing only four, and leave Chase single covered?!

BE MY GUEST!

I know it has been repeated a thousand times, but this offense can be DANGEROUS!

Nice thread Brad. Figured as much, didn't re-watch the game yet to see why Boyd was a no show. This explains it.

With Chase coming back I could see Boyd finally having that breakout game against the Chiefs. Burrow is finding the
open man and is playing better than ever. Good luck Chiefs slowing down this Offense and beating our Defense enough
to beat us on Sunday in our own stadium. If they beat us, I will give them props but it will have to be because we turn
the ball over a lot. Otherwise, I expect a win.

We are better than we were last year on both Offense and Defense right now and the Chiefs are damn good but are 
not nearly as scary without Tyreek Hill.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: This is the biggest thing as the same back is on the field for all 3 downs.  Not that that never happened with Mixon but Perine is so much more well rounded, can run, block and catches passes, and surprisingly really good at all 3.

Perine is a little more pedestrian too though.
Mixon had a RAS of 9.46 whereas Perine had just 4.94.
Perine had elite size and strength, but he ranked very low in vert, broad, speed, and agility drills.

I also view Perine as a well-rounded guy, but if he were the starter, he wouldn't ever be viewed as an above average RB in the league.
You'd want to be looking for someone more dynamic and explosive who can supplant him.
With all that said, he's still better than Mixon as a blocker and can run and catch solidly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I mean this is one play...really hard to make assumptions about why he hasn't been as involved in the passing game over a screenshot of one play.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: This is the biggest thing as the same back is on the field for all 3 downs.  Not that that never happened with Mixon but Perine is so much more well rounded, can run, block and catches passes, and surprisingly really good at all 3.

I think you can get a more effective Mixon if Perine takes more snaps away from him

a more rested Mixon should in theory be better for him
Reply/Quote
No way their coach told them to do that shit lol

Is that Tyler Boyd or prime Megatron Jesus Christ

And they wonder why Burrow beats them
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 03:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean this is one play...really hard to make assumptions about why he hasn't been as involved in the passing game over a screenshot of one play.

He’s at least getting doubled a lot. I remember watching playbacks of games to see how La’el and Volson were doing and Boyd was seeing alot of doubles even with Chase there.

Most teams automatically double chase and then randomly double another guy. The strategy most teams have to figure out is when to double which guy. If it’s long distance then Tee is getting doubled. Boyd gets most of the 1st down doubles I’d bet
-Housh
Reply/Quote