Poll: If Zac Taylor Was Fired or He Resigned Do You Think He Get's an OC Job?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Zac Taylor Was Fired or Resigned Do You Think He Gets an OC Job?
Simple question, which I'll detail more here since I have more room to explain.

Had Zac Taylor been fired, or if he decided to resign, do you think he would get an Offensive Coodinator position in 2021?  Would he be on the hot list?  Would he even be interviewed?

Fwiw, I suppose I could have presented this same question with it being a Head Coaching position, but I think we all know the answer to that one.  So I went with just an OC.
Reply/Quote
I voted no.
He’s still young so I think he could easily land a job in the NFL but I think he would have to go back to being a QB coach or offensive assistant (something on that level).
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Simple question, which I'll detail more here since I have more room to explain.

Had Zac Taylor been fired, or if he decided to resign, do you think he would get an Offensive Coodinator position in 2021?  Would he be on the hot list?  Would he even be interviewed?

Fwiw, I suppose I could have presented this same question with it being a Head Coaching position, but I think we all know the answer to that one.  So I went with just an OC.

Not a chance in the NFL or college. Maybe for a high school team.

NFL or college teams might consider him for a QB coach position, but his arrogance in Cinci will turn off a lot of teams.

It's all well and good to look at the positives, but when the team is a dumpster fire, sitting around thinking good thoughts about yourself doesn't lead to any solutions or improvement.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
OC yes
HC no...unless he goes to college level ball

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nope :paul:
Reply/Quote
I don't think he has any body of work as an OC that would put him on a hot list for anyone. I also don't think he'd want to go from HC to an assistant role. I see him taking a year off maybe, or doing some kind of advisory thing like Lewis did, and shake off some of memory of what he's done before heading back into a traditional coaching role. So I guess that's my prediction for his 2022 and 2023 seasons!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:00 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don't think he has any body of work as an OC that would put him on a hot list for anyone.  I also don't think he'd want to go from HC to an assistant role.  I see him taking a year off maybe, or doing some kind of advisory thing like Lewis did, and shake off some of memory of what he's done before heading back into a traditional coaching role.  So I guess that's my prediction for his 2022 and 2023 seasons!

Agree

But he'd probably be more likely to land some mid to lower level college HC/OC job than NFL after that year off. Oh he may get some asst. QB coach or something ??
Reply/Quote
Not immediately. I think he'd have to go back to a position coach and prove his worth in a new setting before getting tapped for OC.

He had no quality playcalling experiencing when we hired him and he didn't add any to his resume while he was here, so he needs to be given a "chance" from a fresh start rather than based on the merits of his career to this point. And that fresh start will almost certainly start as a QB coach.

I do think he'll eventually get another OC job though. But I think his HC career may be done if next year is anything like the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 02:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

But he'd probably be more likely to land some mid to lower level college HC/OC job than NFL after that year off. Oh he may get some asst. QB coach or something ??

No chance in the NFL. McVay might take him back as QB coach. I could see him getting a shot as an OC at Nebraska or a HC at a non Power 5 school.
Reply/Quote
Lol, his only chance would be a QB coach. Who would hire this slouch?
Reply/Quote
I hit yes... I meant hell no.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We've seen his offense without a stud QB.
I can't imagine anyone has been impressed.
Sure, Allen had one good game against a terrible passing defense, but the cumulative work is not good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Does Pee Wee football count?
Reply/Quote
No at best he is a position coach or quality control
Or realistically the guy that watches the film as a extra
Set of eyes.
Hes not coordinator or coaching material.
No proven track record of doing either well
Reply/Quote
Yes. His offensive play calling has looked decent to me. Players have to actually execute, though.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 01:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Simple question, which I'll detail more here since I have more room to explain.

after his showing here... I dont know if a team would have any reason to have him in high demand.

But he apparently interviews very well.. and that sometimes is all it takes. (if he got an interview)

I voted no... IMO teams would shy away for a bit. 
Reply/Quote
Are we talking strictly NFL? If so, hard no. If college, yes, especially if we’re talking outside the Power 5 or a lower tier Power 5 school. Might even get a college HC nod under the same scenarios. But NFL, not a chance. His results as OC have been middling to bad at every stop.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
He'd find a position coach role in the NFL or college, not a head coaching or coordinator role.
Reply/Quote
He probably would go back to being a coach on the Rams staff but not as an offensive
Coordinator.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:57 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Are we talking strictly NFL? 
I probably should have clarified this.  NFL OC job only.
Reply/Quote