Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Zimmer Is Fired, Will The Bengals Go After Him In Any Capacity?
Ziimer’s Vikings are doing really bad this season (worse than us bad)! If the Viking front office fires him do you think the Bengals would pursue him in any way?

In a serious way I might add. A.k.a closing the deal!
Reply/Quote
Hell no.  Do you realize how much money he would cost Mike brown?
I would like to think his noob coaching staff comes real cheap!

Who was our last head coaching hire with previous head coaching experience?  Forrest Gregg? Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
If we fire Taylor we might. But if we keep Taylor, I think he'll keep Anarumo. And frankly, I think a few more wins will be enough justification for the front office to keep Taylor another year, so I doubt he's going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
I feel bad for Zimmer. They completely screwed him by giving that ridiculous contract to Cousins.

Having to overpay a QB in FA is a good way to kill your team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’ve seen people bring up Zimmer multiple times. He just signed an extension.

https://www.vikings.com/news/mike-zimmer-contract-extension-nfl-multi-year

Let it go people he ain’t coming back
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I feel bad for Zimmer. They completely screwed him by giving that ridiculous contract to Cousins.

Having to overpay a QB in FA is a good way to kill your team.

Defense has sucked this year that is on him.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Defense has sucked this year that is on him.

Because they lost all 3 of their starting CB’s to FA. That is on the GM.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’ve seen people bring up Zimmer multiple times. He just signed an extension.

https://www.vikings.com/news/mike-zimmer-contract-extension-nfl-multi-year

Let it go people he ain’t coming back

If they go 4-12 this year after going "all-in" in the offseason, he might be fired.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If they go 4-12 this year after going "all-in" in the offseason, he might be fired.

How’d they go all in? They let Waynes, Rhodes, Alexander, and Diggs all walk. That’s 4 starters just off the top of my head.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How’d they go all in? They let Waynes, Rhodes, Alexander, and Diggs all walk. That’s 4 starters just off the top of my head.

I guess paying Cook was going all in lol
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’ve seen people bring up Zimmer multiple times. He just signed an extension.

Your confusing the Vikings with the bengals. Other NFL teams will release a head coach regardless if their contract is up or not.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer can do better than us and he knows it.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see him come back but does he want to deal with Brown. At the end of the day Brown is this teams biggest weakness. He is the worst owner in all of sports.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 09:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Hell no.  Do you realize how much money he would cost Mike brown?
I would like to think his noob coaching staff comes real cheap!

Who was our last head coaching hire with previous head coaching experience?  Forrest Gregg? Hilarious

Bruce Coslett?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your confusing the Vikings with the bengals. Other NFL teams will release a head coach regardless if their contract is up or not.

Correct, Mikey B ain't know for paying people to not do things.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:46 PM)Destro Wrote: Zimmer can do better than us and he knows it.

If anything I see Mike Zimmer returning to Dallas as defensive coordinator because the Cowboys’ defense is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:04 PM)Tony Wrote:  Bruce Coslett?
Oh ya.  Bruce!  I actually didn't mind him.  Until he started losing like zac is now.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
We dial back on hope because we're tired of getting burned. They did something different this year in diving into the FA market, who's to say they don't do it. If there was ever a coach they'd eat the rest of Taylor and Co.'s deals it would be Zimmer. He was beloved by the community, great motivator and could draw some proven positional coaches at OL and OC. I'm not betting on it, but they'd be insane to not consider it.
Reply/Quote
Will we, no.
Should we, absolutely yes

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Zim back here, either as HC or DC.... preferably as HC. He never should have been allowed to leave and should have been promoted to HC and merv fired.
Reply/Quote