Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it truly is a "New Dey" the Bengals would trade up
All I want are offensive linemen and linebackers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 05:06 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: We have 11 picks. We do not need to trade down or need anymore picks. And I would hope the bengals fo is not stupid enough to actually make 5 selections in the 6th.. 

You realize a 6th Rd pick is generally useless. Getting an extra third,second, or 4th could be another potential starter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I see them more likely to move up from the 2nd round to a late first especially if one of their target players is still on the board than them trading up from 11

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 05:24 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Bengals can surely hit on a couple good players with those 6th rounders.

refill the depths and Practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Schefter just tweeted out that the Steelers are aggressively trying to move up in the draft to acquire defensive talent...

The Steelers want Sweat or Burns.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 05:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You realize a 6th Rd pick is generally useless. Getting an extra third,second, or 4th could be another potential starter.

Umm... yes?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 05:06 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote:  And I would hope the bengals fo is not stupid enough to actually make 5 selections in the 6th.. 

(04-25-2019, 05:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You realize a 6th Rd pick is generally useless. Getting an extra third,second, or 4th could be another potential starter.

First, all of our sixth round picks combined would not get us a fourth round pick.

Second, there are always good players found in the sixth round.  

Third, the draft is a crapshoot and we improve our chances of getting a good player more by taking5 sixth round picks than one fourth round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:01 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Umm... yes?

So if we trade out of 11 to 15 for an extra third are you ok with that? I am. Having 5 6th Rd picks does nothing for us and has zero value.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First, all of our sixth round picks combined would not get us a fourth round pick.

Second, there are always good players found in the sixth round.  

Third, the draft is a crapshoot and we improve our chances of getting a good player more by taking5 sixth round picks than one fourth round pick.

Ehh not the point I was trying to make. My point is that just because we have 5 6th Rd picks should not stop us from moving back in the first and  getting an extra third RD pick.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ehh not the point I was trying to make. My point is that just because we have 5 6th Rd picks should not stop us from moving back in the first and  getting an extra third RD pick.

The way you phrased it I thought you meant for us to trade our "useless" 6th round picks for a higher pick.

I agree that trading back in the first has nothing to do with how many 6th round picks we have.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah lets give Taylor less important draft picks to work with his first few years for 1 guy... Sounds like a winner.  cost to move up higher than we are is nuts.  1st and 3rd might move us up 2-3 spots

I'd rather trade back in the first if who we want isn't there get an extra day 2 pick.

Then use day 3 leverage to move up and down the boards in round 3/4

This.  
Reply/Quote
Let's go get one of the Devins. If not, Jonah Williams or Dalton Risner would be great. People would call Risner a reach but I think he would be a great Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I got news for you. It ain’t
Reply/Quote
No Wey, Josey!

No reason to get desperate tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Watch it happen. 

All I gotta say is...lol 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the Bengals had any balls and it were truly a "New Dey" they would trade up and grab their linebacker. They have needed a linebacker for years, there are two really good ones on the board, and both are predicted to be gone by pick 11.

Teams overvalue draft picks. Trade your first and a third and move up and get your guy. Lets stop ***** around.

Completely inaccurate. Personally I would like to shake the hand of the whomever had the final say in Pittsburgh getting gouged to trade up and select Bush taking both the Devins off the board.

What can you actually say makes either Devin worthy of the 11th selection other than they are fast? White is still trying to learn the position and has truly never been tested in coverage duties. He runs himself out of plays, struggles disengaging from blockers and misses many tackles. He has not shown great instincts and if you watch film you will see that many times he really does not pursue if not directly engaged in the play.

Bush is undersized and has struggled in man coverage duties. He as well needs to clean up some tackling issues.

What we have lacked for years are LBs that can cover and neither of these guys fit that bill. However, some really good prospects are out there later in the draft that fit the bill of what we need.

White in 3 seasons at LSU has 9 passes defensed and 1 INT
Bush in his 3 seasons at Michigan has 11 passes defensed and 1 INT

Please tell me how these guys are going to help us in coverage?

Available later:
Mack Wilson 3 seasons 6 INTs and 7 PD
Tre Watson in his 4 seasons between Maryland and Illinois has 6 INTs and 6 passes defensed. He blossomed last year with Maryland with 5 INTs
Ben Burr Kirven in his 4 seasons 4 INTs 10 PD
Germaine Pratt in his 4 seasons 4 INTs 9 PD
TJ Edwards 4 seasons 10 INTs 15 PD
Chase Hansen 4 seasons 6 INTs 16 PD(actually 3 seasons as he was a QB as a freshman)
Terrill Hanks 4 seasons 8 INTs 14 PD
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Schefter just tweeted out that the Steelers are aggressively trying to move up in the draft to acquire defensive talent...

Steelers gave up a 2nd and a 3rd round pick to move 10 spots. In my opinion, way too much.

Bengals would have 2 given up a 2nd round to get in top 10, I like they stayed put and got a stud OL that will start in the NFL the next 12 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:35 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Let's go get one of the Devins.  If not, Jonah Williams or Dalton Risner would be great.  People would call Risner a reach but I think he would be a great Bengal.

Risner may be a 2nd round option now. No reach at pick #10 in round 2.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah lets give Taylor less important draft picks to work with his first few years for 1 guy... Sounds like a winner.  cost to move up higher than we are is nuts.  1st and 3rd might move us up 2-3 spots

I'd rather trade back in the first if who we want isn't there get an extra day 2 pick.

Then use day 3 leverage to move up and down the boards in round 3/4

I say maybe as early as round 2 or 3 we start moving around using our 6th round picks as the leverage.

Reply/Quote