Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it truly is a "New Dey" the Bengals would trade up
(04-26-2019, 09:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All I gotta say is...lol 

LOL at Steelers for wasting a couple of picks to get in front of us when we were going OT.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL at Steelers for wasting a pick to get in front of us when we were going OT.

How do you know that? I saw we had Williams 4th on our board. Who were the other 3?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Draft picks are overrated. If I were the Bengals I would trade every draft pick they have this year for proven quality NFL players. Kind of like the Browns did with OBJ. 

Only people who know nothing about the business side of sports say draft picks are overrated. Two of the more successful teams in the league the past decade regularly trade back and amass draft picks. Additionally the Rams basically built their current team off of trading back. Of course you have to get talent that works in your system with your picks and that’s been the Bengals problem last few years.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So if we trade out of 11 to 15 for an extra third are you ok with that? I am. Having 5 6th Rd picks does nothing for us and has zero value.

This post looks really bad now. The extra 6th rounders allowed us to move up in the 4th...twice. I wouldn't call that zero value.
Reply/Quote
If it was a new day then maybe some fans would stop complaining just to complain?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:01 AM)OSUfan Wrote: If it was a new day then maybe some fans would stop complaining just to complain?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL at Steelers for wasting a couple of picks to get in front of us when we were going OT.

Let's see how it plays out, but don't forget the Steeler's traded up and passed on Williams to take Bush. I get it was an immediate need for them, but I think in long haul, they made a very bad move as pick #10 should be BPA and Bush was not the BPA. He was the BPA for their greatest need in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 10:55 AM)Beaker Wrote: This post looks really bad now. The extra 6th rounders allowed us to move up in the 4th...twice. I wouldn't call that zero value.

The Bengals used the extra picks wisely and trading down in the second for the extra 4th and 6th was brilliant. It was like watching the Ravens or Pats draft this year. Traded up, down and all around to get their guys.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 11:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Amazing the exact face I make at constant complaining of way too many Bengals "fans".
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Amazing the exact face I make at constant complaining of way too many Bengals "fans".

How dare people give their opinions on a MB devoted to discussing the team!

Thankfully we have you and your deputies to police the board and tell everyone how to feel.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How dare people give their opinions on a MB devoted to discussing the team!

Thankfully we have you and your deputies to police the board and tell everyone how to feel.

You do realize that you are doing exactly what you are complaining about correct? Irony is freaking hysterical.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How dare people give their opinions on a MB devoted to discussing the team!

There's a difference between discussing and constantly whining that the Bengals are terrible. It gets really old. You are not one who always thinks things are terrible....but you know the kind I'm referring to, the ones who never have anything positive to say. I have no problem with the occasional negative. I myself was not really happy with the Hart deal. So you don't always have to be positive....but don't always say things are terrible either. Personally I feel like there has been plenty of negativity over the years, and it really serves no purpose to constantly be down on the team. I would rather look for the positives.
Reply/Quote
Article came out this evening from ProFootballTalk saying the Bengals tried to trade up in the 2nd round for one of the offensive linemen that fell.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 07:31 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Article came out this evening from ProFootballTalk saying the Bengals tried to trade up in the 2nd round for one of the offensive linemen that fell.

I could see them going for Ford or Little and the other OT who went early in round 2

I saw an aggressive FO, a change from the past. I was impressed with our moving back and forth

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 03:19 PM)Synric Wrote: When was the last time a team traded up into the top 10 for an off the ball linebacker? I know the Bills gave up a ton last year for Tremaine Edmunds but that was at pick 16 or 17...

It was done as recently as on Thursday night 2019 by the steelers who will use him as a inside linebacker .  They only dominate us every damn year n have 6 titles .   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 07:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It was done as recently as on Thursday night 2019 by the steelers who will use him as a inside linebacker .  They only dominate us every damn year n have 6 titles .   

Yea they won 6 titles by trading up above the Bengals on Thursday.

Can you tell me when the last time anyone traded into the top 10 for an off the ball linebacker before Devin Bush? I did ask before the draft not after.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 04:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: There's a difference between discussing and constantly whining that the Bengals are terrible. It gets really old. You are not one who always thinks things are terrible....but you know the kind I'm referring to, the ones who never have anything positive to say. I have no problem with the occasional negative. I myself was not really happy with the Hart deal. So you don't always have to be positive....but don't always say things are terrible either. Personally I feel like there has been plenty of negativity over the years, and it really serves no purpose to constantly be down on the team. I would rather look for the positives.

Honestly, people label me a complainer, but I think you'll see a lot of positive from me the past few days.

The point I wanted to make was that when it comes down to it, I think that 80-85% of my views on the Bengals would be similar to yours if we really got down to making a list of things we felt about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, people label me a complainer, but I think you'll see a lot of positive from me the past few days.

I will give you credit for being positive on a lot of things lately.  
Reply/Quote