Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If not now, When ????
No Ben, no AB, no Bell. If we are to ever beat the Steelers again then this should be the time. But alas we know that Dalton will play good enough to lose, the defense will collapse at the end of the game and the fans will be growling in discontent. It is a sad hand we fans are dealt but anyone can be a fan of good teams but it takes a special kind of stupid to continue being a Bengals fan. WHO DEY!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No Ben, no AB, no Bell. If we are to ever beat the Steelers again then this should be the time. But alas we know that Dalton will play good enough to lose, the defense will collapse at the end of the game and the fans will be growling in discontent. It is a sad hand we fans are dealt but anyone can be a fan of good teams but it takes a special kind of stupid to continue being a Bengals fan. WHO DEY!!!!!!!!

Maybe I’ll get flamed for this, but this doesn’t really feel like a rivalry right now. Both teams are heading towards serious struggles. Mason doesn’t look good, their O-line is underperforming, they don’t have a 1st rd pick anymore.. they have more bright spots than us, but the guys who really built into the rivalry are pretty much all gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:32 AM)thillan Wrote: Maybe I’ll get flamed for this, but this doesn’t really feel like a rivalry right now. Both teams are heading towards serious struggles. Mason doesn’t look good, their O-line is underperforming, they don’t have a 1st rd pick anymore.. they have more bright spots than us, but the guys who really built into the rivalry are pretty much all gone.

I'd say you're right on the money. Still hope we beat the shit out of em though. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:32 AM)thillan Wrote: Maybe I’ll get flamed for this, but this doesn’t really feel like a rivalry right now. Both teams are heading towards serious struggles. Mason doesn’t look good, their O-line is underperforming, they don’t have a 1st rd pick anymore.. they have more bright spots than us, but the guys who really built into the rivalry are pretty much all gone.

Agreed... Both Hammer and Nail are gone from this week's matchup.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope we win but im goimg to try not to go all Kirkpatrick-style cringey cekebratiin if we do. It would be great to see the Steelers go 3-13 or so and see the highest pick they've had in 50+ years go to the Dolphins, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope we win but im goimg to try not to go all Kirkpatrick-style cringey cekebratiin if we do.  It would be great to see the Steelers go 3-13 or so and see the highest pick they've had in 50+ years go to the Dolphins, though.

But he typically celebrates ONLY when giving up the first down OR if the wide receiver drops it, aka he didn't defend it but got lucky.  haha.

Anyone else not understand how Dre's still on the team?  It doesn't seem like he would be someone Zac wants on the team given the culture he's trying to build.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope we win but im goimg to try not to go all Kirkpatrick-style cringey cekebratiin if we do.  It would be great to see the Steelers go 3-13 or so and see the highest pick they've had in 50+ years go to the Dolphins, though.

Can't just fire everyone. He has to win with the hand he was dealt. It's catch 22 MB won't bid on top free agents and top free agents want to go to a team that has a chance to win. They also refuse to have a scouting department to evaluate draft picks. Anyone who supports this philosophy by buying anything related to Bengals deserve the product that they get.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No Ben, no AB, no Bell. If we are to ever beat the Steelers again then this should be the time. 

If we can't beat them with those 3 players out, we are gonna hit a new low.
Reply/Quote
I feel like 60% chance we win.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No Ben, no AB, no Bell. If we are to ever beat the Steelers again then this should be the time. But alas we know that Dalton will play good enough to lose, the defense will collapse at the end of the game and the fans will be growling in discontent. It is a sad hand we fans are dealt but anyone can be a fan of good teams but it takes a special kind of stupid to continue being a Bengals fan. WHO DEY!!!!!!!!

No run game, average QB, suspect and utterly vulnerable LBs and CBs that are having trouble covering...

That's not a recipe for victory in Pitt, unfortunately. 

I'm not worried as much about Pitts offense but their defense, with the run D and pressure could eat the Bengals offense up. They're pretty terrible in coverage and their LBs are bad there as well, so if the line can hold off the rush, they have a chance to exploit them through the air. The bad part for the Bengals is, they're having a terrible time putting the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half of games, forever now it seems. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:46 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But he typically celebrates ONLY when giving up the first down OR if the wide receiver drops it, aka he didn't defend it but got lucky.  haha.

Anyone else not understand how Dre's still on the team?  It doesn't seem like he would be someone Zac wants on the team given the culture he's trying to build.

Double D needs to come back healthy and push him out. 

It shouldn't be hard. That dude flies through the air when a stiff breeze hits him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Call me jaded, which would be fair.... but, I see us playing mediocre ball allowing the refs to interfere and hand one to the Steelers on Monday night. We either can’t get a rhythm (holding calls) or if we get the dreaded 17-3 lead at half, the momentum shifts due to no calls on them. We have seen this play out how many times now?

On top of that, the nfl is unwatchable this year. We haven’t missed a bengals game in probably 10 years and pay to watch from Colorado or travel to a few games a year, but I’m finally on the fence and wondering why I spend 3 hrs watching this crap. Not just our games either.

No way the nfl lets us win in Pitt on Monday night. I will gladly eat crow, but my money’s on the above scenario playing out as usual.
Reply/Quote
What's the point if we can't beat them healthy?

A win is a win though, and I'll take it.

The "rivalry" is over. The killer B's aren't there anymore, Marvin and Burfict gone, and the time for 2015 revenge has long passed us by.

The day this team is strong enough to have a big time rivalry like that again will be the day. Those were some games for you. Next time, hopefully we'll come out on top.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:46 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But he typically celebrates ONLY when giving up the first down OR if the wide receiver drops it, aka he didn't defend it but got lucky.  haha.

I totally agree!I’ve been thinking the same thing.I kept a close watch on Kirkpatrick in the Bills game.The guy is terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 10:25 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I totally agree!I’ve been thinking the same thing.I kept a close watch on Kirkpatrick in the Bills game.The guy is terrible.

Some have defended Dre a lot. I'm not sure why, but I don't look at all his stats, visually he seems like he gets beaten often and he doesn't know how to tackle.
Reply/Quote
MNF would be the most epic place to begin a change in the tide with the Stealers. If we put together a complete game we can beat the crap out of those guys. Hope we dont lay an egg.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 09:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No run game, average QB, suspect and utterly vulnerable LBs and CBs that are having trouble covering...

That's not a recipe for victory in Pitt, unfortunately. 

I'm not worried as much about Pitts offense but their defense, with the run D and pressure could eat the Bengals offense up. They're pretty terrible in coverage and their LBs are bad there as well, so if the line can hold off the rush, they have a chance to exploit them through the air. The bad part for the Bengals is, they're having a terrible time putting the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half of games, forever now it seems. 

The wildcard is really Rudolph vs Dalton and who turns the ball over.

I will say that the Steelers defense hasn't looked good against the run. Also, they haven't been able to run the ball.

Actually...the teams are kind of mirror images in some ways.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:46 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Anyone else not understand how Dre's still on the team?  It doesn't seem like he would be someone Zac wants on the team given the culture he's trying to build.

Two reasons.

1.  Dre is a solid starting CB

2.  Zac does not have a big stick up his ass.
Reply/Quote

I didn't even think of this, but that is outstanding.

I just hope the Bengals come out with an attitude and don't abandon the run so quickly.  It has to be there to have the balance and keep their defense honest.

My hope is that Taylor realizes this isn't "just another game" and has the guys ready to run through a wall...and through bad officiating.

I also hope that Andy can sling an (apparent) errant pass and drill Piggy on the sidelines in the temple.  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 09:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Double D needs to come back healthy and push him out. 

It shouldn't be hard. That dude flies through the air when a stiff breeze hits him. 

This.  I would like to see DD get a shot at outside corner, although they really need him at slot.  Maybe Phillips can be that slot guy?  I realize that DD has had his share of injury problems, too, but I would evaluate him vs. Dre and possibly trade Dre away and use that money elsewhere.  I have really just tired of his poor tackling and zero ball skills.  
Reply/Quote