Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
... there could have been more dead girlfriends and maybe some dead strippers too. And men, don't forget the men.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40002526

How much better would it have been if a bunch of good guys had just pulled out their guns when this went down?

Why don't more good guys carry?

Don't good guys go to strip clubs any more?

Why not?

Who is going to protect innocent girlfriends at clubs?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I tend to lean more liberally on gun laws and such, but this is just baiting.
He's not old enough to legally buy, own, or carry a handgun. So obviously since the existing gun laws worked SO well, lets add more! That'll stop the criminals, yeah!

Cool thread, bro.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Had Aldo simply followed the rules he learned in his gun safety class, none of this likely would have happened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Gun laws dont stop stupidity. Who knows, maybe this was a set up and the guy was actually aiming for his girlfriend.
(05-23-2017, 04:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Gun laws dont stop stupidity. Who knows, maybe this was a set up and the guy was actually aiming for his girlfriend.

Details seem hazy, but this looks like just another example of male bravado gone too far.  People sure like to fight over stuff.
That moment when you get satisfaction because you understand that you and the OP often see things differently.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-23-2017, 03:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's not old enough to legally buy, own, or carry a handgun. So obviously since the existing gun laws worked SO well, lets add more! That'll stop the criminals, yeah!

Cool thread, bro.

Kinda cut the nuts of the thread in this post.  Careful, don't get between an anti-2A type and their agenda.
Kindly point out where additional gun legislation was proposed as a remedy. Hilarious
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-23-2017, 10:26 PM)xxlt Wrote: Kindly point out where additional gun legislation was proposed as a remedy.  Hilarious

So you agree that gun control laws are pointless.  Glad to see you've joined the dark side.  Smirk

(05-24-2017, 07:20 AM)xxlt Wrote:

That's one way to admit utter defeat.
(05-23-2017, 10:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you agree that gun control laws are pointless.  Glad to see you've joined the dark side.  Smirk

Let's assume gun control laws are pointless because they don't decrease gun violence. If that is the premise to your statement, what laws are effective and why? If that isn't your point, please explain why gun control laws are pointless.
(05-23-2017, 03:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's not old enough to legally buy, own, or carry a handgun. So obviously since the existing gun laws worked SO well, lets add more! That'll stop the criminals, yeah!

Cool thread, bro.

End thread. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-24-2017, 11:20 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's one way to admit utter defeat.

It was a metaphor. You weren't expected to get it.
(05-24-2017, 02:51 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: End thread. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

A message from Chicago (pun intended:)

(05-24-2017, 01:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Let's assume gun control laws are pointless because they don't decrease gun violence. If that is the premise to your statement, what laws are effective and why?  If that isn't your point, please explain why gun control laws are pointless.

All I hear is Crickets...

oh, and Buddy Holly)

I have another question about gun control and whether or not it is pointless.

Many people believe you can't own fully automatic machine guns, but you can if you have what is commonly referred to as a Class III license. So if gun control laws are pointless why don't we see more gun violence caused by weapons whose purchase, ownership, and transfer is controlled by a Class III license like we see with firearms not controlled by a Class III license? How does a Class III license not infringe upon a citizen's 2nd amendment right?
(05-25-2017, 10:42 AM)xxlt Wrote: It was a metaphor. You weren't expected to get it.

Yes, I'm the one who didn't "get it".
(05-25-2017, 02:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have another question about gun control and whether or not it is pointless.

Many people believe you can't own fully automatic machine guns, but you can if you have what is commonly referred to as a Class III license. So if gun control laws are pointless why don't we see more gun violence caused by weapons whose purchase, ownership, and transfer is controlled by a Class III license like we see with firearms not controlled by a Class III license? How does a Class III license not infringe upon a citizen's 2nd amendment right?

It's mostly about cost. The actual cost of a class 3 permit is only a few hundred bucks but the actual guns are thousands and often 10s of thousands of dollars. Your average Joe can't afford the guns. Also the only automatic guns you can legally buy are ones that were manufactured before a certain date meaning there is a limited supply and most owners dont like to come off of what they have.