Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals had.....
(05-09-2016, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It was unfortunate. But the same can be said about the WR situation in the first round this year. If the Bengals REALLY wanted one of those players, they could (should?) have traded up to get him since they knew teams in front of them were very likely going to take at least a couple of those players.

The hope of taking whichever is available doesn't always work out.

Agreed. I mean, look at that 2008 draft.

Rivers. Simpson. Sims. Caldwell. Collins.

It was a very underwhelming class. Sometimes you have to make moves.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It was unfortunate. But the same can be said about the WR situation in the first round this year. If the Bengals REALLY wanted one of those players, they could (should?) have traded up to get him since they knew teams in front of them were very likely going to take at least a couple of those players.

The hope of taking whichever is available doesn't always work out.

Rumors swirled that Marvin wanted to move up to #7, where New England was picking, but Mike Brown didn't want to give up any picks. The Saints wound up trading in front of us. Although, like I said, it's just a rumor.

However, the Bengals tried to trade up twice this past draft. Hobs even said it and he'll keep things under wraps for years. I'm guessing the Redskins wanted more and the Texans offered it up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 04:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Rumors swirled that Marvin wanted to move up to #7, where New England was picking, but Mike Brown didn't want to give up any picks. The Saints wound up trading in front of us. Although, like I said, it's just a rumor.

However, the Bengals tried to trade up twice this past draft. Hobs even said it and he'll keep things under wraps for years. I'm guessing the Redskins wanted more and the Texans offered it up.

I saw differently. I saw that the Redskins wanted Docston and knew that so did the Bengals. However, other teams wanted Fuller too, so Texans moved up for him.

Overall, when it got to the Redskins, they weren't letting Docston get past them.

That's the rumor I saw

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 03:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Agreed. I mean, look at that 2008 draft.

Rivers. Simpson. Sims. Caldwell. Collins.

It was a very underwhelming class. Sometimes you have to make moves.

Didn't we trade rivers for the marvin jones pick?  Or was it Iloka?     Also Collins brought us a 4 I think...    And sims still plays.    

We tunred that hot mess into something.  
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 08:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't we trade rivers for the marvin jones pick?  Or was it Iloka?     Also Collins brought us a 4 I think...    And sims still plays.    

We tunred that hot mess into something.  

Rivers became Iloka
Chad Johnson became Marvin Jones

Yes, but the players themselves were very underwhelming.

Sims doesn't really play. He's just on a roster. He doesn't start and has underwhelmed.

Just like Caldwell. He still plays. He's done the most out of that draft class and that's saying something.

Sure, one could argue that Simpson has a little over 500 more yards. But Caldwell has more TDs and 6 less receptions. And he's only ever been a #3 or 4 WR. Simpson has been #2s and such.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Rivers became Iloka
Chad Johnson became Marvin Jones

Yes, but the players themselves were very underwhelming.

Sims doesn't really play. He's just on a roster. He doesn't start and has underwhelmed.

Just like Caldwell. He still plays. He's done the most out of that draft class and that's saying something.

Sure, one could argue that Simpson has a little over 500 more yards. But Caldwell has more TDs and 6 less receptions. And he's only ever been a #3 or 4 WR. Simpson has been #2s and such.
Sims first stint, 2008-2012:

In the lineup .542 Win %, 100.2 rush yards against per game, 3.87 YPC
Out .250 Win %, 135.9 rush yards against per game, 4.49 YPC

Not unerwhelming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 09:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sims first stint, 2008-2012:

In the lineup .542 Win %, 100.2 rush yards against per game, 3.87 YPC
Out .250 Win %, 135.9 rush yards against per game, 4.49 YPC

Not unerwhelming.

Yes because Sims is why we won those games....

Yes he was underwhelming. Still is.

Also, what are these stats you're making up?

In games Sims played in from 2008-2012 the Bengals went 28-23-1

Do you know how many of those games he only had one pass defense or one tackle/assisted tackles? 13

So stop. You're trying too hard without giving the full picture. Sims just isn't good.

Reply/Quote