Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals knew what they were doing Mock
Work is slow. Trying to be creative here. Something the Bengals don't believe in. So before anyone says it's a pipe dream, I already know.... Hence the title of the thread.

Trade Andy Dalton to Tennessee. Tennessee receives Andy Dalton and Cincinnati receives pick #81. Dalton won’t have a strong enough finish to 2019 to convince Taylor that he is the answer.

Cincinnati swaps picks with Miami. Miami receives pick #1 and Cincinnati receives picks #3, #22 and #62. The Bengals receive a little interest for giving up #1OA.

Cincinnati swaps picks with San Francisco. San Francisco receives picks #33 and #160. Cincinnati receives pick #32. Bengals trade up before Indy in a bidding war to get their QB.

#3 CIN: Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
Miami takes their franchise QB in Burrow at #1 and New York takes Jerry Jeudy at #2 to give the Giants a 3 headed monster on offense.
Chase Young to some, is a ridiculous pick. The consistent argument is that if you want to win championships, you have to take chances on a QB this high in the draft...
My argument is defense wins championships. And some of the BEST QB’s in today’s NFL weren’t drafted until late first round or later. Aaron Rogers, Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and a couple others if you think Carr and/or Prescott are good.
This man is DANGEROUS. He is THE player that you want to build around on your defense. I know people want results NOW, but I’m sorry. I can’t justify taking any QB in THIS draft over this man. I like Burrow and I wouldn’t be upset if we took him at #1, I just see Young as the safer bet. With so many holes on this team, we don’t have time to keep trying to get it right at QB with the first pick unless he is THAT SAFE of a pick. Chase is THAT SAFE OF A PICK. Take him and never look back!!! We can't afford to screw up this pick.

#22 CIN: Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma
LB help that we all have been dying for. Murray would become a leader on this team real quick and help bring out the better in Pratt. Could you imagine Young and Murray on the same defense? Watch out!

#32 CIN: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Yes. Injury prone player in the first round. Again. If Tua falls, and he will. I’m not going to be too terribly upset if we pick him up. It’s a gamble that I’d be ecstatic to take. If he pans out and can stay healthy, this is the guy that will get us over the hump. Arguably the best QB talent wise in this draft.

#62 CIN: Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska
Not to be confused with the other Lamar Jackson we thought wasn't an NFL caliber QB *crickets*. DreK is overrated and Dennard won’t be here much longer. CB help is going to be a necessity very soon after other needs are addressed.

#65 CIN: Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon
O-Line help. Start this guy at RT and let Hart be a rotational guy.

#81 CIN: Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon
Guard depth.

#97 CIN: Darryl Williams, OG/C, Mississippi State
More Guard/Center depth.

#129 CIN: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia
Because who wouldn’t want a Kicker with the name Rodrigo? Maybe we’ll keep this one after drafting him…

#193 CIN: Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
Decent stats at Baylor. Drops due to huge WR class.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
A Wide Receiver will not go before the premiere Pass Rusher in the draft wishing that is fools gold.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:24 PM)Synric Wrote: A Wide Receiver will not go before the premiere Pass Rusher in the draft wishing that is fools gold.

They need OT help too so maybe they go Thomas? Young to #2 is likely. I'm guessing that ruined the whole mock for you

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:27 PM)Takedown Wrote: They need OT help too so maybe they go Thomas? Young to #2 is likely. I'm guessing that ruined the whole mock for you

No. I'm also not the biggest fan of Kenneth Murray he will need to take a huge step in the physicality of his game to be successful in the NFL especially the power run schemes in the AFC North. I'd rather see Dylan Moses.

I get what your saying about Tua but he would be a huge gamble I'm just not comfortable with right now... 3 major surgeries in 2 years that's huge red flags. His best bet is go back to Alabama a year and prove he can stay healthy.

I like Jackson and even though I'm not a huge fan of Throckmorton you went heavy OL in the mids which offsets it for me.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:15 PM)Takedown Wrote: Work is slow. Trying to be creative here. Something the Bengals don't believe in. So before anyone says it's a pipe dream, I already know.... Hence the title of the thread.

Trade Andy Dalton to Tennessee. Tennessee receives Andy Dalton and Cincinnati receives pick #81. Dalton won’t have a strong enough finish to 2019 to convince Taylor that he is the answer.

Cincinnati swaps picks with Miami. Miami receives pick #1 and Cincinnati receives picks #3, #22 and #62. The Bengals receive a little interest for giving up #1OA.

Cincinnati swaps picks with San Francisco. San Francisco receives picks #33 and #160. Cincinnati receives pick #32. Bengals trade up before Indy in a bidding war to get their QB.

Miami takes their franchise QB in Burrow at #1 and New York takes Jerry Jeudy at #2 to give the Giants a 3 headed monster on offense.
Chase Young to some, is a ridiculous pick. The consistent argument is that if you want to win championships, you have to take chances on a QB this high in the draft...
My argument is defense wins championships. And some of the BEST QB’s in today’s NFL weren’t drafted until late first round or later. Aaron Rogers, Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Tom Brady and a couple others if you think Carr and/or Prescott are good.
This man is DANGEROUS. He is THE player that you want to build around on your defense. I know people want results NOW, but I’m sorry. I can’t justify taking any QB in THIS draft over this man. I like Burrow and I wouldn’t be upset if we took him at #1, I just see Young as the safer bet. With so many holes on this team, we don’t have time to keep trying to get it right at QB with the first pick unless he is THAT SAFE of a pick. Chase is THAT SAFE OF A PICK. Take him and never look back!!! We can't afford to screw up this pick.

LB help that we all have been dying for. Murray would become a leader on this team real quick and help bring out the better in Pratt. Could you imagine Young and Murray on the same defense? Watch out!

Yes. Injury prone player in the first round. Again. If Tua falls, and he will. I’m not going to be too terribly upset if we pick him up. It’s a gamble that I’d be ecstatic to take. If he pans out and can stay healthy, this is the guy that will get us over the hump. Arguably the best QB talent wise in this draft.

Not to be confused with the other Lamar Jackson we thought wasn't an NFL caliber QB *crickets*. DreK is overrated and Dennard won’t be here much longer. CB help is going to be a necessity very soon after other needs are addressed.

Guard depth.

More Guard/Center depth.

Because who wouldn’t want a Kicker with the name Rodrigo? Maybe we’ll keep this one after drafting him…

Don't the Giants need a pass rusher? I don't see why they would skip Young to get a WR, especially in such a deep WR class.
IMO if the Bengals are trading back to 3, expect Burrow and Young to be gone. 
If that were to happen, I'd go Andrew Thomas to get an immediate long-term contributor to help the OL.

I like the additions of Murray and Tagovailoa. And I wouldn't be mad with Chase Young either but I think Thomas helps the Bengals more than Young does.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't the Giants need a pass rusher? I don't see why they would skip Young to get a WR, especially in such a deep WR class.
IMO if the Bengals are trading back to 3, expect Burrow and Young to be gone. 
If that were to happen, I'd go Andrew Thomas to get an immediate long-term contributor to help the OL.

I like the additions of Murray and Tagovailoa. And I wouldn't be mad with Chase Young either but I think Thomas helps the Bengals more than Young does.

Thanks for the feedback. Giants do need a pass rusher, but their GM does some weird shit and I wouldn't put it past them to skip Young at 2.

I don't know if I agree on the Thomas over Young thing, but both would step in and be immediate starters for this team. I have no real argument there as it is a good debate and I wouldn't be upset with either.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:34 PM)Synric Wrote: No. I'm also not the biggest fan of Kenneth Murray he will need to take a huge step in the physicality of his game to be successful in the NFL especially the power run schemes in the AFC North. I'd rather see Dylan Moses.

I get what your saying about Tua but he would be a huge gamble I'm just not comfortable with right now... 3 major surgeries in 2 years that's huge red flags. His best bet is go back to Alabama a year and prove he can stay healthy.

I like Jackson and even though I'm not a huge fan of Throckmorton you went heavy OL in the mids which offsets it for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

So you'd be okay with Moses there, just not Murray, got it. I like both, Murray does need to put on some muscle for a better transition.

Yeah he's a huge gamble for sure. One that MB would know would get fans excited about. I personally would be excited, but also looking at his medical history. It's pretty much as bad as it gets.

Jackson may be a hidden gem in this draft. I don't know too much about Throckmorton or Lemiux to be honest. My next mock I'll put more research into the players. Thanks again!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 01:08 PM)Takedown Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

So you'd be okay with Moses there, just not Murray, got it. I like both, Murray does need to put on some muscle for a better transition.

Yeah he's a huge gamble for sure. One that MB would know would get fans excited about. I personally would be excited, but also looking at his medical history. It's pretty much as bad as it gets.

Jackson may be a hidden gem in this draft. I don't know too much about Throckmorton or Lemiux to be honest. My next mock I'll put more research into the players. Thanks again!

Kenneth Murray is a Safety/linebacker hybrid so hes more of a nickle/chase linebacker right now. Hes gonna have a fairly big transition to 3 down linebacker in the NFL.

Dylan Moses is that guy no one is talking about really because he tore his ACL before the season started but he was being talked about as the best linebacker in the 2020 draft class. He has the right size length speed quickness. He can play sideline to sideline or fill the run gaps he can cover and rush the passer. Because of that ACL he could fall to the top of the second but people are still talking about him at the bottom of the first. Moses situation reminds me of what happened with Frank Ragnow all the signs pointed to him being the best center in the class but because of an injury early in the season his stock fell until the draft rolled around.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:15 PM)Takedown Wrote: Work is slow. Trying to be creative here. Something the Bengals don't believe in. So before anyone says it's a pipe dream, I already know.... Hence the title of the thread.

Guard depth.

More Guard/Center depth.

I love it all with just a couple exceptions:  I would prefer the Bengals go after a FA LB and G that can come in and own their jobs right away, and use those draft picks on a WR.  There is a ton of talent that could be had around rounds 2 and 3.  I like the basis of Ross, Boyd, and Tate, but they need a Z receiver in place of Green as I would imagine he will be gone.  

Everyone saying that Young will absolutely go before Jeudy hasn't watched that kid.  Remember, the Giants biggest issue seems to be scoring points.  He could be better than OBJ.  He is that good.  They are so invested in Jones, that they need to get him a big-time WR to go with their outstanding RB.  
Reply/Quote