Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals somehow sell out the home opener for next season
The promoter needs a huge raise. How the hell do you sell people on this Franchise? You gonna make a video package that's ALL AJ Green Dalton and Eifert? This is crazy. This team has no bright spots coaching wise and has like 4 or 5 amazing players out of 53 who aren't problems off or on the field.

If you can sell tickets to this you are a god of marketing
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:06 PM)Housh Wrote: The promoter needs a huge raise. How the hell do you sell people on this Franchise? You gonna make a video package that's ALL AJ Green Dalton and Eifert? This is crazy. This team has no bright spots coaching wise and has like 4 or 5 amazing players out of 53 who aren't problems off or on the field.

Wow, one bad year after 5 straight years in the playoffs and you make it sound like we are the Browns.

Give me a break, if this team gets healthy and gets better line play, they win the division next year.
Reply/Quote
Marvin should not be here. He should have been fired. That didn't happen.

Marvin is still the head coach. Nobody should be attending any games. It's the only way Mike Brown will ever make a real change
Reply/Quote
Who writes this guys stuff? Talk about drama.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Who writes this guys stuff? Talk about drama.

I don't do well with smartass responses

Usually I'm very grounded on this board I barely even post anymore but the line "One Bad Year" set me off. I'm sorry but it's just such an asinine line. Iv been watching for 15 years. We've won zero playoff games. That's at least 15 bad years in my book
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:36 PM)Housh Wrote: I don't do well with smartass responses

Usually I'm very grounded on this board I barely even post anymore but the line "One Bad Year" set me off. I'm sorry but it's just such an asinine line. Iv been watching for 15 years. We've won zero playoff games. That's at least 15 bad years in my book

So you're saying that we've had how many bad years in the past 6 years?  3? 5? 6?

I'm not happy that Marvin is still here, but you can't sit here and ***** and moan like this team has been 4-12 for 8 straight years.  They've been very good for some time now.  

Yes - there was one down year.
Reply/Quote
They'll sell out the home opener. But if they get off to a shaky start again, then the sellouts could come to a halt sooner than later.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: So you're saying that we've had how many bad years in the past 6 years?  3? 5? 6?

I'm not happy that Marvin is still here, but you can't sit here and ***** and moan like this team has been 4-12 for 8 straight years.  They've been very good for some time now.  

Yes - there was one down year.

My new favorite phrase in life is

"Were just gonna have to agree to disagree". I don't agree with your opinion of what a down year is but I can respect it. Being good enough to win 10 games is never a bad thing.

I'll delete that first post

This team is just so frustrating and then when you see ppl who aren't as frustrating as you about it it makes it even worse
Reply/Quote
Bengals usually sell out a few games like the Steelers and Browns every year. However, when they announce a sellout, it seems the stands are still empty. Could it be a conspiracy? lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 08:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals usually sell out a few games like the Steelers and Browns every year. However, when they announce a sellout, it seems the stands are still empty. Could it be a conspiracy? lol

Agree, and will add that if it isn't the Browns or Steelers, the game won't sell out.  Maybe the Colts, if 15,000 of them come over. Another Year of the Same looks pretty shitty as a slogan on a season ticket brochure and won't exactly have'm lining up around the block.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If you want to sell out the season and coa's? Fire Marvin and replace with a great coach that replants hope. Think about it.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you want to sell out the season and coa's? Fire Marvin and replace with a great coach that replants hope. Think about it.

There are no more coas in PBS.
Reply/Quote
Look at Dallas last year they sucked... This year they were a top team. They had the building blocks in place as do the bengals.

Do the bengals suck in big games- yes... But they are going to field a competitive team and will likely make the playoffs. Eventually the monkey will get off the back.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 04:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Look at Dallas last year they sucked... This year they were a top team.  They had the building blocks in place as do the bengals.

Do the bengals suck in big games- yes... But they are going to field a competitive team and will likely make the playoffs.  Eventually the monkey will get off the back.

First off Dallas had an amazing offensive line in place, the Bengals do not.  Next, they struck gold with two MVP candidates in one draft.  The chances of that happening again, for any team, are very slim.  Dallas is probably not a good example to use.

As for "eventually the monkey will get off the back".  They are going into their 27th season with no playoff victories and Marvin will be entering his 15th season (evidently they are talking extension).  I'm not so sure it will... I mean, you would hope that they might some day luck into a playoff victory, but even that seems remote at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:10 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Wow, one bad year after 5 straight years in the playoffs and you make it sound like we are the Browns.

Give me a break, if this team gets healthy and gets better line play, they win the division next year.

Fans don't care about winning the division next year. They want a playoff win, that's it. Whether that comes from winning the division or as a wildcard, doesn't matter. Anything else is more of the same, and the same is dull.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 04:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: First off Dallas had an amazing offensive line in place, the Bengals do not.  Next, they struck gold with two MVP candidates in one draft.  The chances of that happening again, for any team, are very slim.  Dallas is probably not a good example to use.

As for "eventually the monkey will get off the back".  They are going into their 27th season with no playoff victories and Marvin will be entering his 15th season (evidently they are talking extension).  I'm not so sure it will... I mean, you would hope that they might some day luck into a playoff victory, but even that seems remote at this point.

Above average quarterback - check
Elite WR - check 
Elite TE (when healthy)- check

Elite DT- check
Elite de - check
Elite lb- check
Young fast secondary- check (coaching will go a long way here)

It's not as far off as you think.  We will see what happens in the draft but the last time the bengals had a pick as high as the Cowboys did they too struck gold with AJ green and Andy dalton.  If they get one impact playmaker and then William Jackson and billings... Along with signing a FA and keeping our own this team will win 10 games next year.  

There are things that need to be addressed this offseason but this team likely doesn't draft top 10 again for another 5-6 years for whatever that is worth 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:10 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Wow, one bad year after 5 straight years in the playoffs and you make it sound like we are the Browns.

OOPS! I messed up my original reply.
Have the Bengals had only 3 playoff wins in 49 seasons? Not exactly top-tier numbers! Speaking of same old stuff. It has been 3 weeks since Jones screwed up. Marvy says it is not on him to comment; and the Bengals FO has apologized for Jones. Where the heck is Jones' apology. Moreover, why hasn't the FO canned his butt yet?
Reply/Quote
Have a good draft, get Billings healthy, get WJIII healthy, have a good preseason and I don't see it hard to picture the home opener selling out at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 07:06 PM)Housh Wrote: The promoter needs a huge raise. How the hell do you sell people on this Franchise? You gonna make a video package that's ALL AJ Green Dalton and Eifert? This is crazy. This team has no bright spots coaching wise and has like 4 or 5 amazing players out of 53 who aren't problems off or on the field.

This isn't just directed at you, but there just seems to be an overflow recently of frustration on this board.  Some want to talk about the solution, the draft, FA, etc. and some just want to vent on coaching, ownership, certain players, etc.

I get the frustration, but maybe we could have a sticky thread labeled "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" where folks can just keep reiterating how mad they are for not winning a playoff game in forever.  

There could be sections under "VENT":  Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, Ken Zampese, Mike Brown...and it could go on and on.  

Like I said, I get the frustration, but it is all so damn repetitive and boring.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This isn't just directed at you, but there just seems to be an overflow recently of frustration on this board.  Some want to talk about the solution, the draft, FA, etc. and some just want to vent on coaching, ownership, certain players, etc.

I get the frustration, but maybe we could have a sticky thread labeled "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" where folks can just keep reiterating how mad they are for not winning a playoff game in forever.  

There could be sections under "VENT":  Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, Ken Zampese, Mike Brown...and it could go on and on.  

Like I said, I get the frustration, but it is all so damn repetitive and boring.  

Offseasons are like that. Once FA creeps around (geesh, still a ways away, too), there will be tons of threads about that. Then the draft. Then preseason.

Rinse, wash, repeat every year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote