Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were 3-2 would you be feeling good?
(10-14-2020, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: about 10 ways we should have won the Eagles game.

This drives me absolutely nuts.  So many people on here pull this bs, and despite people calling it out and correcting, it never stops.

You do know there's about 10 ways the Eagles could have won that game too, right?

-They got the ball on their own 45 with 1:41 left on the clock in OT. (They needed only 20 yards to get into a 52 yard attempt to win the game)

-They got the ball to out 44 with a 1:26 left in OT.  (Plenty of time. 10 more yards get you a 50 yard attempt, 15 gets your a 45, 20, gets a 40)

They were this close to winning the game on the field goal.  But luckily we held them, and held on to the tie.  And we didn't get lucky to hold them, nor did they get unlucky.  It's simply what happened.  

See, this is thing some people never looked at.  You don't go out of your way to look for reasons the other team didn't win, you only do that for us.

Why should've we won this game, and they should have lost?  Please, tell me.  Is it because we gave up a late TD?  Do those not count?  Are we just randomly removing plays and scores, or is there actual logic behind this?

At least the Chargers game some of you excuses makers can point to a questionable call.  But the Eagles game?  Give me a break.  Neither team deserved to win that game.  And the Bengals should have won it no more than the Eagles.

We're 1-3-1.  Get over it.  How would you like it if people came here after a win and told us a bunch of reasons their team should've won?  You'd call it bs, and rightfully so.  Why?  Because they didn't win, and every single team can point to reasons they coulda, shoulda, woulda.

You know he brings up should've scenarios and logic?  Losers.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This drives me absolutely nuts.  So many people on here pull this bs, and despite people calling it out and correcting, it never stops.

You do know there's about 10 ways the Eagles could have won that game too, right?

-They got the ball on their own 45 with 1:41 left on the clock in OT. (They needed only 20 yards to get into a 52 yard attempt to win the game)

-They got the ball to out 44 with a 1:26 left in OT.  (Plenty of time. 10 more yards get you a 50 yard attempt, 15 gets your a 45, 20, gets a 40)

They were this close to winning the game on the field goal.  But luckily we held them, and held on to the tie.  And we didn't get lucky to hold them, nor did they get unlucky.  It's simply what happened.  

See, this is thing some people never looked at.  You don't go out of your way to look for reasons the other team didn't win, you only do that for us.

Why should've we won this game, and they should have lost?  Please, tell me.  Is it because we gave up a late TD?  Do those not count?  Are we just randomly removing plays and scores, or is there actual logic behind this?

At least the Chargers game some of you excuses makers can point to a questionable call.  But the Eagles game?  Give me a break.  Neither team deserved to win that game.  And the Bengals should have won it no more than the Eagles.

We're 1-3-1.  Get over it.  How would you like it if people came here after a win and told us a bunch of reasons their team should've won?  You'd call it bs, and rightfully so.  Why?  Because they didn't win, and every single team can point to reasons they coulda, shoulda, woulda.

You know he brings up should've scenarios and logic?  Losers.

JFC, it's a game man, take a xanax and relax.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Even if we were 5-0 I still wouldn’t “feel good” about our potential franchise QB getting hit at such an alarming rate. This team is going nowhere until we get some guys on that OL who can actually protect the QB and give our RB’s a chance. We’ve been saying this for 5 years...

If they don’t address it in a big way in FA we’re doomed. We can’t continue to wait on draft picks to pan out. Just look at Jonah. I think he’ll probably end up being pretty good, but we can’t have an entire line of guys developing, or that just flat out suck. Burrow will be Andrew Luck’d by that point.

The fact that both this coaching staff and FO thought XSF and a 6th round pick was enough boggles my mind. Especially when they were spending like drunken sailors on the defensive side of the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals realistically should be sitting at 3-2 right now, no OPI call on AJ and the Chargers game is a win, about 10 ways we should have won the Eagles game. If their only losses were the CLE and BAL games how would you feel right now? We would still have the Oline blocking problems and lack of pass rush on D but how would you feel? This board is in complete meltdown mode about Zac's record, if they would have won I wonder if so many people would be in total doom & gloom. The Colts game is winnable, if we're sitting at 3-2 right now and getting ready to face the Colts I bet the tune would be completely different.

To answer your question, yes...I would feel better.  But what aches me the most is I see NO ADJUSTMENT and NO CREATIVITY from a supposedly offensive-minded coach.  The scrap heap DC is actually showing improvements.  But not Taylor.  I was encouraged by the Jax game.  They had a lot of things working, and they seemed to be less predictable.  The Ravens game was Lucy pulling the football away again.  One of the most pathetic offensive displays I think I have ever seen.  

I just have little to no faith in the coaching staff to make tough decisions and the right schematic moves.  That saddens me because we could not only be in for (another) long year this year, but likely next year.  No progress at all.  Puke.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can look back at any close game and say we "should" have won but we didn't. Losing a few 1-score games is bad luck, being 1-10-1 is a pattern. The Bengals are exactly what their record is, and it isn't good. The Ravens game just showed us how big the gap is.
Reply/Quote