Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were to move...
I have not heard any rumors and I'm not starting, but I was curious, if Mike Brown were to move the Bengals out of Cincinnati, which football team would you root for? Continue to root for the [New City] Bengals? Root for another team?

Honestly, if the team were to move, regardless if the owner changed, regardless if the team changed names, I'd probably take that opportunity to start rooting for the Eagles. My reason? Cause I live in their viewing area (although I may also live in the Ravens area, too, but I can't see rooting for a divisional rival). It'd be nice being able to see "my" team on TV every week instead of only nationally broadcast games.

How about you? What would you do?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Probably the Browns or the Titans. Vikings are tempting due to Zimmer, but I would likely care much less about them if he left.

Cincinnati would probably get a lot of Colts games unless Fox Sports Ohio just took all of Ohio as Browns territory, but I wouldn't want to be a Colts fan.

Don't want to be a Colts fan, I would simply pretend the NFL stopped existing before I considered becoming a Steelers fan. That takes out my West and East. That leaves the Browns to the North and Titans to the South proximity-wise.

EDIT:

(09-14-2017, 04:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In all honesty, I would probably be done being a serious fan of the NFL.

Im getting close now with all the dumb rule changes, league bias, and Goodell nonsense. A move by the Bengals would put me over the edge.

Yeah, forgot to mention that. I would probably be significantly less interested. So my new team would be more a casual interest than anything. Like "eh, it's on and I am not doing anything, why not?"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In all honesty, I would probably be done being a serious fan of the NFL.

Im getting close now with all the dumb rule changes, league bias, and Goodell nonsense. A move by the Bengals would put me over the edge.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 04:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably the Browns or the Titans. Vikings are tempting due to Zimmer, but I would likely care much less about them if he left.

Cincinnati would probably get a lot of Colts games unless Fox Sports Ohio just took all of Ohio as Browns territory, but I wouldn't want to be a Colts fan.

Don't want to be a Colts fan, I would simply pretend the NFL stopped existing before I considered becoming a Steelers fan. That takes out my West and East. That leaves the Browns to the North and Titans to the South proximity-wise.

EDIT:

Yeah, forgot to mention that. I would probably be significantly less interested. So my new team would be more a casual interest than anything. Like "eh, it's on and I am not doing anything, why not?"

How did you quote someone BEFORE they posted? You're amazing!!  Shocked

Nah, I know how you did it. ThumbsUp

(09-14-2017, 04:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In all honesty, I would probably be done being a serious fan of the NFL.

I certainly would be tempted to give it up, but I don't know if I can. I do know, it would take awhile before I became as passionate about another team as I do for the Bengals.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd just become a casual NFL fan and watch whatever game happens to be on.

I'd probably start following college teams of UC, OSU, and Notre Dame.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If they move close to me in Oregon or to another country (London or Ontario) I would still root for them. If it was to a place like San Antonio or another big city not on the west coast, I'd probably not have a specific NFL team anymore.
Reply/Quote
As long as the new city is within the US, and the team is still called "Bengals", I'll likely continue being a fan. I've never been to Cincinnati, so I have no real ties to the city. Don't get me wrong, id hate it if they left but I'm fairly certain i'd still be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of in the same boat Pat. I've never been to Cincinnati and I have no ties. I'd probably stay a fan, but I won't know for sure until the day they moves happens. I'd be happy if they moved to the Northwest, but that's unrealistic.

There's a chance my fanhood would die off if they decide to change the name and everything ala Oilers/Titans. I enjoy the college game more nowadays, but I think that's due to the Bengals being painfully predictable, and not in a good way.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I would be done with them for sure. Probably just be a casual NFL fan, not like I used to be though. As of this moment the teams I would pay attention to and follow would be the Browns & Raiders. In a few years that could easily change though depending on their coach and players.

And in all honesty my sporting attention would be more towards world football centering around the Premier League, with Manchester United my favorite team over there. Baseball is just absolutely boring, and doesnt help when the Reds are terrible. Hoops is fun to watch during playoffs & March madness though.

* If that would happen, maybe the Chargers will move here then. Moving to L.A. will be a major mistake on their part, and will be wanting out eventually to a city that cares about football, or would care about it if the owner isnt a miser.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not heard any rumors and I'm not starting, but I was curious, if Mike Brown were to move the Bengals out of Cincinnati, which football team would you root for? Continue to root for the [New City] Bengals? Root for another team?

Honestly, if the team were to move, regardless if the owner changed, regardless if the team changed names, I'd probably take that opportunity to start rooting for the Eagles. My reason? Cause I live in their viewing area (although I may also live in the Ravens area, too, but I can't see rooting for a divisional rival). It'd be nice being able to see "my" team on TV every week instead of only nationally broadcast games.

How about you? What would you do?

It's interesting you bring this up now because I was just thinking about that a few days ago.
The NFL would have to move to either a big enough city that could draw enough interest for a second team or a city with a decent sized market that isn't too close to another.

Specifically, I could see the following cities as being good cities with as much or higher population than Cincy (2.1 mill metro pop) and trending upward:
Chicago, IL (Has two MLB teams, third-highest populated city) - 9.5 mill metro pop
Portland, OR (Closest NFL team = Seattle, 3 hour drive) - 2.3 mill metro pop
San Antonio, TX (Closest NFL team = Houston, 3 hour drive) - 2.4 mill metro pop
Columbus, OH (Closest NFL team = Cleveland, 2 hour drive) ...about same distance as Cincy to Indy, slightly lower metro population (1.9 mill vs 2.1 mill) but growing faster than Cincy

In terms of remaining a fan if the team moved, it would depend on why it moved and who was running the team. I'd lean toward not supporting the Bengals if Mike Brown still owned, but probably still be a fan regardless. If I rooted for a different team, it'd be NFC most likely. I always root for NFC in Super Bowl if/when Cincy doesn't make it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would probably not even watch NFL.
Reply/Quote
Living in Virginia .. I'd probably just root for the Redskins. No ties to Cincinnati really and it would save me Sunday Ticket money. Which is expensive

Unless of course they moved and became the Virginia Bengals :)
Reply/Quote
Since I have no tie to Cincy and have never been there before, I'd still probably follow the team.  But only if they kept the same helmets and nickname.  The St. Louis Bengals has a nice ring to it.  :)  But if they up and changed everything, I'd probably just become a casual fan of a local team.  My family are big Kansas City fans, maybe I'd start following them.  or maybe the Oakland (or Las Vegas) Raiders.  Of if I wanted a different flavor, maybe I'd look north to Minnesota or Green Bay.  ???
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Not a freaking chance!

FC Cincinnati, Crystal Palace FC, Dortmund, & USMNT

"God"ell is killing the NFL anyway!
Reply/Quote
If they stopped being owned by Mike Brown I would remain a fan. If they moved to Louisville I would also still be a fan. Otherwise I would just watch redzone every week
Reply/Quote

This. 

I would just focus on the other sport I love, hockey.

Reply/Quote
Who Dey
I've wondered that myself., And the answer is I don't really know! I've been a Bengals fan since 1968,even through all the down times. But if another franchise wouldn't want to play in PBS. I guess the New Orleans Saints would be my choice!
Reply/Quote
Who Dey
I've wondered that myself., And the answer is I don't really know! I've been a Bengals fan since 1968,even through all the down times. But if another franchise wouldn't want to play in PBS. I guess the New Orleans Saints would be my choice!
Reply/Quote
I'd do what any normal dude would do. I'd uproot the family, and follow the Bengals to whatever city they moved to.

Real fan right here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would stop caring about the NFL if the Bengals moved
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote