Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals were to move...
(09-14-2017, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not heard any rumors and I'm not starting, but I was curious, if Mike Brown were to move the Bengals out of Cincinnati, which football team would you root for? Continue to root for the [New City] Bengals? Root for another team?

Honestly, if the team were to move, regardless if the owner changed, regardless if the team changed names, I'd probably take that opportunity to start rooting for the Eagles. My reason? Cause I live in their viewing area (although I may also live in the Ravens area, too, but I can't see rooting for a divisional rival). It'd be nice being able to see "my" team on TV every week instead of only nationally broadcast games.

How about you? What would you do?

I was born near Tacoma and the Seahawks were still a relatively new expansion team when i went back there to visit in '78, so i watched them on TV one weekend with my mom (who is a HUGE sports fan). 

As much as i dislike Pete Carroll, i'd prolly watch them. Maybe Minnesota because of Zimmer and because i've always liked their unis. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have not heard any rumors and I'm not starting, but I was curious, if Mike Brown were to move the Bengals out of Cincinnati, which football team would you root for? Continue to root for the [New City] Bengals? Root for another team?

Honestly, if the team were to move, regardless if the owner changed, regardless if the team changed names, I'd probably take that opportunity to start rooting for the Eagles. My reason? Cause I live in their viewing area (although I may also live in the Ravens area, too, but I can't see rooting for a divisional rival). It'd be nice being able to see "my" team on TV every week instead of only nationally broadcast games.

How about you? What would you do?

So you moved on the Bengals huh? What should they do about you? That's what I'd like to know.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sad as it sounds I'd still root for wherever we moved to
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
If I had any interest in the nfl left. Probably KC as they are a forever Midwest team. Also they have great. Bbq. Otherwise probably college only..
Reply/Quote
they won't move! They can't. elmer fudd brown is HATED everywhere, not just here! True football cities want NOTHING to do with this idiot!
The sooner he sells or moves out the better!.
Cinci deserves better. This team needs an enema!

I would probably become a Raiders fan. Black and Silver are very very very intimidating colors!

Reply/Quote
i've lived in kansas city as a northern kentucky transplant for 12+ years. I cannot root for the chiefs. i would probably be happier not rooting for the NFL whatsoever. I don't even invest time in fantasy b/s anymore. It's just not that interesting. I do however hope that this does happen. I really couldn't be more distant and disappointed in what we all know is really going on with the shitshow family brown show that's been going on since before even most of us were born. it's not even depressing, it's mother ***** embarrassing. tired of trying to defend the shit we put on the field. ruin great careers draft after year after draft. so on and so forth.
Reply/Quote
I doubt Mike Brown would move the Bengals... I believe he likes being the Big Fish in his little pond. Now if he sold the Bengals I have no doubts they would move the team.

As I have no ties to Cincinnati it wouldn't bother me. My only hope is that it would still be close to me so I could still make it to a home game every year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It seems more fans would remain fans if they never lived in the Cincy area than those of us around the Nati area, % wise.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote