Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If the Pundits were right about us "Breaking" Burrow
Would you guys be willing to part with Joe Burrow sooner than later if current trends continue?

I think that last thing i'd want to see is Joe being a shadow of himself for 2-3 more seasons. Let's say he DOESN't get back to par and the offense stalls long enough to keep us out the postseason, who'd be willing to let him walk for the benefit of both parties?

I know it'd be a tough sell for many of us, but i'm thinking win-win here. Bengals would get another shot at a shiny new toy QB, and Burrow would go to a place that promises to better protect him.

This thread goes in the dumpster if things improve, he gets sacked less, and our offense is back to being explosive.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:33 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Would you guys be willing to part with Joe Burrow sooner than later if current trends continue?

I think that last thing i'd want to see is Joe being a shadow of himself for 2-3 more seasons. Let's say he DOESN't get back to par and the offense stalls long enough to keep us out the postseason, who'd be willing to let him walk for the benefit of both parties?

I know it'd be a tough sell for many of us, but i'm thinking win-win here. Bengals would get another shot at a shiny new toy QB, and Burrow would go to a place that promises to better protect him.

This thread goes in the dumpster if things improve, he gets sacked less, and our offense is back to being explosive.

I think if the sacks and pressures don't go down toward later in the season, Pollack might be out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow will bounce back and be fine

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
didnt read but new and negative, i smell steeler or browns troll. ban.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:08 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: didnt read but new and negative, i smell steeler or browns troll. ban.

Their account is a year old.

Not me co-signing their thread/post, just saying you're wrong. They're pretty consistently negative, but that doesn't make them a troll from another team or lead to a ban. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:33 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Would you guys be willing to part with Joe Burrow sooner than later if current trends continue?

So like the rest of your threads?

I mean, JFC - I’ve seen some absurd overreactions over the past couple weeks, but talking about possibly moving on from Burrow after 2 bad games takes the cake.

Reply/Quote
You don't trade a 25 year old franchise qb so they can have a better career elsewhere...after 2 losses no less!

Hypothetically, it could take decades to find another Burrow in the draft.

I don't know that the Bengals are ruining him. I think it's partly his playing style. This isn't a terrible line like last year. Fans need to look beyond sack numbers and look at the why.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So like the rest of your threads?

I mean, JFC - I’ve seen some absurd overreactions over the past couple weeks, but talking about possibly moving on from Burrow after 2 bad games takes the cake.

Yes. 2 bad games. Time for a rebuild!

We'll beat the Jets or some bad team and a lot of these same people will be talking Super Bowl and running the table...

It's kind of like how people watch the ufc and think they could beat the fighter that lost...because he looked bad in a loud. Reality is, they likely couldn't even touch him in a fight.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't trade a 25 year old franchise qb so they can have a better career elsewhere...after 2 losses no less!

Hypothetically, it could take decades to find another Burrow in the draft.

I don't know that the Bengals are ruining him. I think it's partly his playing style. This isn't a terrible line like last year. Fans need to look beyond sack numbers and look at the why.

Well said. Rep.

Reply/Quote
I think the staff may be giving Burrow too much power to design a playbook. Thus, the disjointed offense.

I think some input from the qb is good though.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 10:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the staff may be giving Burrow too much power to design a playbook. Thus, the disjointed offense.

I think some input from the qb is good though.B
I wonder how much input Joe has? I read where Brian C says they gave him more say in play calls at the LOS and I thought that was one of his strengths in being able to see and read the D at LOS? This whole cover 2 seems to have really confused the entire offense, players and coaches.
Reply/Quote