Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the bengals win
Reds vs A's game 4 = number 1 (The only championship I ever remember seeing because I was born in 75)
Bengals Vs Bills AFC championship game = number 2 ( I wasn't really into sports yet in 81 so this is my all time favorite football win)
Dayton vs Syracuse NCAA tournament 2014 = 3 ( Stanford win put Dayton into elite 8 but I wanted this one so bad)
Reds Vs Astros for the Division win Jay Bruce walkoff Hr =4 (Reds hadn't been in the playoffs since 95 so I was emotional)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 07:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'm working on it. Wasted

Better set your DVR just to be safe
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Perspective means a lot.

For example I became a big Reds fan in the early 70's.  I saw them win two World Series.  It was a great feeling to win, but I had no idea how big of a deal it really was.  It seemed like tyhe Reds were always winning, so it was just accepted that they would win some World Series.  But when we won in 1990 it had been years since we had even been in the playoffs and we were big underdogs to the A's.  So even though the 90 team was not as good as the "Big Red Machine" that Word Series win was a bigger thrill.

It may sound a little sad, but since this game is against the Steelers I'd see this Wildcard win after a 25 year drought to be a bigger thrill than winning the AFC Championship.  In 1998 the Tennessee Vols beat FSU for the national championship, but the win earlier in the year against the Florida gators was actually a bigger thrill for me because of how bitter that rivalry had become.  To break a 25 year playoff losing streak and beat the Steelers at the same time would be as good as it gets unless we win it all.
Reply/Quote