Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the playoffs started today ..... Updated
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

2nd seed now .

We beat Pitt next week it could put them in a bind. They will have the raiders and fins right on their heals.

Another crazy thing is that the Jaguars are 1 game out of first place.
Reply/Quote
If that were to hold up, I'd rather the steelers went to new england and Bengals took their chances with the colts or jets. Moot point at this time of the season but I always like to enjoy the possible scenarios.
Reply/Quote
Yes the scenarios are fun.
Reply/Quote
interesting matchup
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Steelers next 4 games look pretty rough.

Bengals, Raiders, Browns, Seahawks
Reply/Quote
I think the Jets would be a scary match up in the playoffs as would be the Dolphins whom we never seem to match up well against.

One of those two teams make it to the post season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We're in the driver's seat for a first round bye and barring a collapse we should get one. But looking at the Patriots schedule and how they've been playing, 15-1 is very likely.

Still feeling good.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 09:00 AM)corpjet Wrote: I think the Jets would be a scary match up in the playoffs as would be the Dolphins whom we never seem to match up well against.

One of those two teams make it to the post season.

Yeah, that Jets Defense is good but i doubt they could match up with all our weapons.

The Dolphins beat on the Texans bad but i still doubt they will be even close to that good every week from here on out.

We have to stay healthy, if we do we easily have the 2nd seed.

I don't see the Pats losing much more than 2 games with that sched, thing is i don't see us losing more than 2 either if we stay healthy.

Should be the Pats and us and then a long ways between the 3rd and 4th seeds.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

2nd seed now .

We beat Pitt next week it could put them in a bind. They will have the raiders and fins right on their heals.

whats the tie breaker between the pats and bengals Conference opponents or SoS?
Reply/Quote
if we remain relatively healthy throughout the season, that would be a sign to me that the Football Gods just may be visiting the Queen City this season.

I wont count on it yet, still plenty of time for things to go terribly wrong here.  I will be pessimistic until further notice.

If we can remain healthy and get Tez back to teach our guys on defense to tackle properly, we can hold our own with any team.  I would rather have Brady and the Pats come to the Jungle in the playoffs..but I'd feel semi confident going into Foxsborough with a date with them as well.

See how the season pans out..Im enjoying the ride so far, but still waiting for the saddle to fall off the horse.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 04:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats the tie breaker between the pats and bengals   Conference opponents or SoS?

SoS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: SoS

some of these teams we beat need to step up their game lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 05:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: some of these teams we beat need to step up their game lol

Yeah the Chargers, Ravens, and Chiefs all have bad records.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair, look at the opponents for those teams.

Chargers losses (Bengals 6-0, Vikings 4-2, Steelers 4-3, Packers 6-0, Raiders 3-3) = 23-8
Chiefs losses (Broncos 6-0, Packers 6-0, Bengals 6-0, Bears 2-4, Vikings 4-2) = 24-6
Raiders losses (Bengals 6-0, Bears 2-4, Broncos 6-0) = 14-4
Ravens losses (Broncos 6-0, Raiders 3-3, Bengals 6-0, Browns 2-5, 49ers 2-5) = 19-13

Those teams are all better than their records.  Although the Ravens clearly aren't good and aren't going to improve much.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

2nd seed now .  

We beat Pitt next week it could put them in a bind.  They will have the raiders and fins right on their heals.  

We're going to need to keep winning until New England loses. We need that #1 seed because the only way we beat New England in the playoffs is if we're at home. They look invincible right now.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Invincible? I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 01:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: We're in the driver's seat for a first round bye and barring a collapse we should get one. But looking at the Patriots schedule and how they've been playing, 15-1 is very likely.

Still feeling good.

Honestly the Pats have looked beatable in their last couple games. Both close ones against the Colts and Jets. They're still the favorites, but they don't look invincible.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly the Pats have looked beatable in their last couple games. Both close ones against the Colts and Jets. They're still the favorites, but they don't look invincible.

They don't look invincible but neither do we.  In fact, no team in the NFL looks invincible. The Patriots have the superior coach and QB which I always tend to side with when it comes to these things....hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
We are 2nd behind N.E. if you look at Conf. Standing's BUT we are 2nd in the NFL overall just behind Carolina. Kinda confused here....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 11:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly the Pats have looked beatable in their last couple games. Both close ones against the Colts and Jets. They're still the favorites, but they don't look invincible.

CB covered it pretty well, but the Pats have certainly looked like the least beatable team. If you asked me to just take the 53 players, I'd take Cincinnati, but when it comes to the coaching staff/organization? Not so sure. 

Sure looks like if we want to win it all, we're gonna have to walk into Foxborough and beat them. What greater way could there be? 

Let's keep this train rolling. 
Reply/Quote