Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the season ended today ....
We clinch the first seed and by pass our first round playoff issues. Tongue

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We would be the #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I think the really great news is we are just getting started.

This team is still gelling and it should just get better. Sucks about Mixon out for a couple weeks but Gio is still in my
opinion a very good to great RB looking for his breakout with a decent O-line. The Panthers are decent on defense
but so are the Ravens. Will be looking for us to really take off in the coming weeks even if these teams are tough.

Cam Newton i think is the most overrated QB in the NFL and Matt Ryan looked terrible in his first game of the year.

Could see us going 4-0 with Burfict coming back in game 5 boosting our D.

Just need to concentrate on getting healthy and the Panthers though. Want to see Price and Preston out there come
next Sunday if we play in Carolina, who knows if the power will even be on from what i am hearing.

Might be postponed.
Reply/Quote
Season ticket holders would be owed a giant refund.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the really great news is we are just getting started.

This team is still gelling and it should just get better. Sucks about Mixon out for a couple weeks but Gio is still in my
opinion a very good to great RB looking for his breakout with a decent O-line. The Panthers are decent on defense
but so are the Ravens. Will be looking for us to really take off in the coming weeks even if these teams are tough.

Cam Newton i think is the most overrated QB in the NFL and Matt Ryan looked terrible in his first game of the year.

Just need to concentrate on getting healthy and the Panthers though. Want to see Price and Preston out there come
next Sunday if we play in Carolina, who knows if the power will even be on from what i am hearing.

Might be postponed.

Cam, the most overrated? Really? Didn't he led the Panthers to 15-1 and a trip to the SB?
In the HISTORY of the Bengals what QB led them to 13-3, 14-2 or 15-1?

Give me a break about being the MOST overrated.

MOST, GM's, Coach's and Fans would take the small market Carolina Panther Cam over Dalton any Prime Time game, PERIOD. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the really great news is we are just getting started.

Might be postponed.

Maybe at one point, but they've been overrating so many QBs lately it's crazy. Cam Newton is still overrated, mind you, but I don't know about the most anymore. (In no particular order.)

-Derek Carr
-Andrew Luck
-Dak Prescott (Probably my answer for right now.)
-Deshaun Watson
-Jimmy Garoppolo
-Ben Roethlisberger

People are so desparate to pretend there's a bunch of great franchise QBs out there, they pick favorites and make narratives regardless of the results, and/or build massive hype over a handful of starts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Newton is somewhat over rated, but hardly the most over rated. He's definitely overhyped, but a lot are. The most over rated? It didn't take long for his star to self destruct, but J. Football!  Gimme dat money sign!  Vick was another. 
I'm openly biased about it , but Andy is WAYYY under rated. He gets knocked for a lot of under performing players around him. He really got drafted by the wrong team as did Luck.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A lot of people would be really bored if the season ended now and  we would be just an asterisk in the standings as *in first place after a work stoppage most likely caused by owner lock out   ... 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 03:32 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Cam, the most overrated? Really? Didn't he led the Panthers to 15-1 and a trip to the SB?
In the HISTORY of the Bengals what QB led them to 13-3, 14-2 or 15-1?

Give me a break about being the MOST overrated.

MOST, GM's, Coach's and Fans would take the small market Carolina Panther Cam over Dalton any Prime Time game, PERIOD. 

Sorry Yankee, just my opinion, think that Defense had more to do with it than Cam that year and he choked in
the SB. Dalton if he didn't get injured was having just as good of a year and we will see who has a better game
come Sunday shall we?

Cam is a diva, cannot stand the guy. He was so blessed in getting the Superman body, but sorry the dude just
doesn't play up to his potential at all, the numbers show it. Dalton has been much better over his career than
that fella named Cam Newton.

(09-17-2018, 05:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe at one point, but they've been overrating so many QBs lately it's crazy. Cam Newton is still overrated, mind you, but I don't know about the most anymore. (In no particular order.)

-Derek Carr
-Andrew Luck
-Dak Prescott (Probably my answer for right now.)
-Deshaun Watson
-Jimmy Garoppolo
-Ben Roethlisberger

People are so desparate to pretend there's a bunch of great franchise QBs out there, they pick favorites and make narratives regardless of the results, and/or build massive hype over a handful of starts.

Yeah, lots of overrated QB's, Luck stands out to me after yesterday when everyone was saying he is playing great
while logging in 170 something yards and a TD while Dalton goes 265 and 4 TD's. Dalton is underrated IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry Yankee, just my opinion, think that Defense had more to do with it than Cam that year and he choked in
the SB. Dalton if he didn't get injured was having just as good of a year and we will see who has a better game
come Sunday shall we?

Cam is a diva, cannot stand the guy. He was so blessed in getting the Superman body, but sorry the dude just
doesn't play up to his potential at all, the numbers show it. Dalton has been much better over his career than

Yeah, lots of overrated QB's, Luck stands out to me after yesterday when everyone was saying he is playing great
while logging in 170 something yards and a TD while Dalton goes 265 and 4 TD's. Dalton is underrated IMHO.

Especially by Bengals fans it seems. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Especially by Bengals fans it seems. 

Yep, watch him have a great year and even win a Playoff game and there will still be Dalton haters.

Doesn't matter how well he plays, they will find something to hate on.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, watch him have a great year and even win a Playoff game and there will still be Dalton haters.

Doesn't matter how well he plays, they will find something to hate on.

The same goes for Marvin. Watch him win a playoff game and there will still be Lewis haters.

It doesn't matter that he has a SB as a defensive coordinator, they will find something to hate on. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry Yankee, just my opinion, think that Defense had more to do with it than Cam that year and he choked in
come Sunday shall we?

Didn't Zimmer's defense propel the Bengals also to probably the best or second best?

Most NFL players are diva's in my opinion.

You think the Bengals have no diva's. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the really great news is we are just getting started.

Might be postponed.

I live in Charlotte, I don't see any reason why this weekend would impact this game. The power should be up.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We clinch the first seed and by pass our first round playoff issues. Tongue

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Am i missing something here? I clicked the link and they're the #2 seed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:00 AM)BengalYankee Wrote:  

You think the Bengals have no diva's. Nervous

If the discussion is Andy/Cam, there's no debate on who is a diva.

Back on topic, it would be cool to keep rolling this way. 
Reply/Quote

Might be postponed.

I think getting Price back is imperative.  You are correct that they are "just getting started".  I think that most of the Thursday Night games have a very sloppy appearance for both teams in general.  The Bengals came out and executed nearly flawlessly in the first half.  Ross is still not fully integrated in to the game plan, and I can feel it coming.  Although, for some reason, I think it will be the Atlanta game.  

If this team pulls off 4-0 heading in to Burficts return....well, remember what I have said about we get the best Burfict when he is on a team that is contending...I would be sooooo pumped.  
Reply/Quote

Might be postponed.
Reps your way Nate! 
Reply/Quote
$hitsburg would be out of the picture!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:10 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I live in Charlotte, I don't see any reason why this weekend would impact this game. The power should be up.
If anything they'll play the game and use it to promote disaster relief in the Carolinas. Still a lot of water and flooding. It's going to take a good long while till things get back to normal and for a lot of people it's never going to happen again. 

Reply/Quote