Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If the season ended today. [Playoff Picture]
(11-21-2022, 12:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Having tiebreakers on the Jets and Dolphins could pay off

The only problem is if there are more than two teams tied.  Then the head to head goes away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The only problem is if there are more than two teams tied.  Then the head to head goes away.

Not if you have beaten all 3 of the teams tied (New England, Jets, Dolphins). 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Strength of victory matters as well out of our remaining games every 1 will be tougher than this 1. The Buccs game is only 1 we could afford to lose. I have a feeling Ravens lose 1 to Steelers and us out of their remaining schedule so we have to win out and if Chiefs slip up once besides us it could be good enough for the 1 seed otherwise we are a 5,6 or 7 seed at best. If we have Burrow and Chase in the playoffs anything is possible regardless of seed.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Strength of victory matters as well out of our remaining games every 1 will be tougher than this 1. The Buccs game is only 1 we could afford to lose. I have a feeling Ravens lose 1 to Steelers and us out of their remaining schedule so we have to win out and if Chiefs slip up once besides us it could be good enough for the 1 seed otherwise we are a 5,6 or 7 seed at best. If we have Burrow and Chase in the playoffs anything is possible regardless of seed.

I literally do not care what seed we are.... Burrow proved last year we can go on the road twice and go to the SB.

Just get us in the playoffs!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Torn. I absolutely hate the fact that the 7 seeds exist... but I am glad the Bengals are currently positioned to be in the playoffs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s all in our hands. We have the opportunity to completely rearrange the playoff picture as we play or played everyone in it, or we see ourselves out.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I literally do not care what seed we are.... Burrow proved last year we can go on the road twice and go to the SB.

Same, bring'em on once we get in, I like our chances more than anyone.

(11-21-2022, 03:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s all in our hands. We have the opportunity to completely rearrange the playoff picture as we play or played everyone in it, or we see ourselves out.

We will be playing Playoff football for the rest of the year. We should be ready come Playoff time to roll against anybody. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:32 PM)Roland Wrote: Definitely feels better being on the inside, but it's still a hard road ahead.  If we can keep it rolling against the Titans, things start to feel a bit more comfortable.  The other good news for the weekend is that the Ravens looked vulnerable against the Panthers.  I could see that team dropping a game or two down the stretch even with their easy schedule.  Falcons, Steelers x 2, and Browns are not gimmees.

Yes, the Ravens even with that so called easy schedule look vulnerable as you say. The Falcons match up well with them
in my eyes. The Falcons have a bad secondary but they can play with a running QB like Lamar.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 03:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I literally do not care what seed we are.... Burrow proved last year we can go on the road twice and go to the SB.

As long as the Bengals can get into the playoffs, Chase is back, and the rest of the key guys stay healthy, they really do have a chance to beat anyone. We'd probably see teams respecting the big play more though this time around, so maybe less splash plays would happen.

If Bengals make the wildcard, I'm 100% hoping it's in Nashville or Miami.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 04:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As long as the Bengals can get into the playoffs, Chase is back, and the rest of the key guys stay healthy, they really do have a chance to beat anyone. We'd probably see teams respecting the big play more though this time around, so maybe less splash plays would happen.

If Bengals make the wildcard, I'm 100% hoping it's in Nashville or Miami.

Rather it be Nashville.....  with out Awuzie Miami could be cooking us.    I could argue that Thursday night game may of went the other way if Tua didn't get hurt.

Bengals play with anyone though our offense is that good. Get us in!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
In a previous thread before we played Carolina, I said we would lose only one game down the stretch and that is to the Browns[we don't match up].
So far I am 2 - 0.

Titans, Chiefs and Ravens will all be looking for revenge, but I think we can handle them.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:20 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Rather it be Nashville.....  with out Awuzie Miami could be cooking us.    I could argue that Thursday night game may of went the other way if Tua didn't get hurt.

Bengals play with anyone though our offense is that good. Get us in!

Agreed on Miami. Tua really has turned it around with the new HC and Hill there.
There were talks of him being a bust after his first two seasons.
Now the dude is looking like a bona fide top-end QB with a great completion percentage and a good TD-INT ratio (6:1).
He actually leads the league in QB Rating.

I just meant Miami because of the warmer weather and not having to worry about snow.
Nashville would be my 1st choice, mainly due to the fact I live here lol, but also I think they might have the worst passing offense of all the playoff teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: As of 11/20/22

[Image: 240_F_507681098_j8n8TSaVYIuXykoOmWrHrSaYjPyDQZww.jpg]

The Bengals would make the playoffs.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

The crazy thing is, as is, we'd get Miami and Balt would get Buffalo. I'd take that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The crazy thing is, as is, we'd get Miami and Balt would get Buffalo. I'd take that

Are you sure? Hmm

Miami is undefeated when Tuna starts and finishes a game and that game would be in Miami. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Are you sure? Hmm

Miami is undefeated when Tuna starts and finishes a game and that game would be in Miami. 

Tuna, I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:45 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Are you sure? Hmm

Did you watch Tua against the Bengals? Teddy looked better vs our defense than he did.

I can’t speak for bfine, but I’m personally 100% sure I’d rather play Tua and the Dolphins (even in Miami), than Allen and the Bills.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you watch Tua against the Bengals? Teddy looked better vs our defense than he did.

I can’t speak for bfine, but I’m personally 100% sure I’d rather play Tua and the Dolphins (even in Miami), than Allen and the Bills.

Tua was already concussed from the Miami-Buffalo game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tuna, I like it. Smirk

I was both sleepy and drunk when I wrote that. Drunk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you watch Tua against the Bengals? Teddy looked better vs our defense than he did.

Same, we know we can beat the Phins. We still have to prove we can beat the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:37 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I was both sleepy and drunk when I wrote that. Drunk

Still, funny nickname for Tua is Tuna lol
Reply/Quote