Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the season ended today ....
(09-18-2018, 12:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The same goes for Marvin. Watch him win a playoff game and there will still be Lewis haters.

It doesn't matter that he has a SB as a defensive coordinator, they will find something to hate on. Whatever

Don't compare Marv with Dalton Yankee. Apples and Oranges.

(09-18-2018, 01:00 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Didn't Zimmer's defense propel the Bengals also to probably the best or second best?

Most NFL players are diva's in my opinion.

You think the Bengals have no diva's. Nervous

We don't have many divas and i am proud of that.

(09-18-2018, 01:10 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I live in Charlotte, I don't see any reason why this weekend would impact this game. The power should be up.

Great news. :andy:

(09-18-2018, 10:31 AM)Benton Wrote: If the discussion is Andy/Cam, there's no debate on who is a diva.

Back on topic, it would be cool to keep rolling this way. 

You know it Benton.

(09-18-2018, 10:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think getting Price back is imperative.  You are correct that they are "just getting started".  I think that most of the Thursday Night games have a very sloppy appearance for both teams in general.  The Bengals came out and executed nearly flawlessly in the first half.  Ross is still not fully integrated in to the game plan, and I can feel it coming.  Although, for some reason, I think it will be the Atlanta game.  

If this team pulls off 4-0 heading in to Burficts return....well, remember what I have said about we get the best Burfict when he is on a team that is contending...I would be sooooo pumped.  

Great post as usual Racer. I can feel it coming too with ole John Ross. There will be crow doted out soon enough
for certain posters talking about replacing John Ross with Alex Erickson. Should be tasty though.

(09-18-2018, 10:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Reps your way Nate! 

Thanks Wedge! Cool

(09-18-2018, 10:57 AM)BengalD Wrote: $hitsburg would be out of the picture!

Damn rights.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 12:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't compare Marv with Dalton Yankee. Apples and Oranges.

We don't have many divas and i am proud of that.

Great news. :andy:

You know it Benton.

Great post as usual Racer. I can feel it coming too with ole John Ross. There will be crow doted out soon enough
for certain posters talking about replacing John Ross with Alex Erickson. Should be tasty though.

Thanks Wedge! Cool

Damn rights.

Why not compare Marv and Dalton, because you said so? Lol, outside Cincy most people have more respect for Marvin then Dalton. Believe that!!!

We do have divas on our team. The Bengals don't celebrate TD's? Heck our #1 RB prances when he makes long runs.

Cam prances and celebrates when he scores a TD with his superman pose. But most Bengals do the same, why are you giving them a pass?

Gronk of the Patriots prances when he scores TD's is he a diva? In fact Gronk has scored more TD's and consequently has pranced more then Cam, that makes Gronk a diva right?

But, what about you stated before about the Panther's defense carrying Cam to 15-1 and the SB. The Bengals defense with Zimmer was BETTER then the Panther's defense so using your logic, it was the Bengals defense that carried Dalton.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:31 AM)Benton Wrote: If the discussion is Andy/Cam, there's no debate on who is a diva.

Back on topic, it would be cool to keep rolling this way. 

Nope, you are making it a Andy/Cam diva issue, not I.

There is no debate that most NFL players have diva's.

There is no debate the Bengals have diva's on their team.

Back on topic, no team has a better record if the season ended today.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We clinch the first seed and by pass our first round playoff issues. Tongue

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

You don't post enough these days. Where you been bro? 

(09-18-2018, 12:53 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The same goes for Marvin. Watch him win a playoff game and there will still be Lewis haters.

It doesn't matter that he has a SB as a defensive coordinator, they will find something to hate on. Whatever

Nevermind. Go away Yankee.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That 15-1 Panther season was pretty weird in that they not only had a great defense and lots of pieces for Cam but (like most of his career) he faced a string of bad defenses. They only faced two decent defenses in the regular season and in the playoffs once they hit a sound defense they got punked. It's a function of course of playing in the NFC South - home to atrocious defenses for years.

It's also been part of Andy's career that he plays in the AFC North, annually one of the if not THE strongest defensive division in football. Plus the AFC in general features better defenses. Remember his rookie season? The average rank of defenses he played against was 9. Cam's was 22. Obviously this is not the sole determinant of a QBs success but it is part of the background.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why not compare Marv and Dalton, because you said so? Lol, outside Cincy most people have more respect for Marvin then Dalton. Believe that!!!

We do have divas on our team. The Bengals don't celebrate TD's? Heck our #1 RB prances when he makes long runs.

Cam prances and celebrates when he scores a TD with his superman pose. But most Bengals do the same, why are you giving them a pass?

Gronk of the Patriots prances when he scores TD's is he a diva? In fact Gronk has scored more TD's and consequently has pranced more then Cam, that makes Gronk a diva right?

But, what about you stated before about the Panther's defense carrying Cam to 15-1 and the SB. The Bengals defense with Zimmer was BETTER then the Panther's defense so using your logic, it was the Bengals defense that carried Dalton.

Calm down Yankee, you obviously like Cam and his elaborate fashion choices, i do not.

I just don't like him and he is more of a diva than Mixon or Gronk in my opinion. This is my opinion, you have yours.

(09-19-2018, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You don't post enough these days. Where you been bro? 

Hilarious

(09-19-2018, 02:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: That 15-1 Panther season was pretty weird in that they not only had a great defense and lots of pieces for Cam but (like most of his career) he faced a string of bad defenses. They only faced two decent defenses in the regular season and in the playoffs once they hit a sound defense they got punked. It's a function of course of playing in the NFC South - home to atrocious defenses for years.

It's also been part of Andy's career that he plays in the AFC North, annually one of the if not THE strongest defensive division in football. Plus the AFC in general features better defenses. Remember his rookie season? The average rank of defenses he played against was 9. Cam's was 22. Obviously this is not the sole determinant of a QBs success but it is part of the background.

Completely agree Joelist. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You don't post enough these days. Where you been bro? 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Calm down Yankee, you obviously like Cam and his elaborate fashion choices, i do not.

I just don't like him and he is more of a diva than Mixon or Gronk in my opinion. This is my opinion, you have yours.

Finally, you write the truth, you don't like him for whatever reason.

I am not a fan of Cam, nor do I like his elaborate fashion choices.

I am not a fan of the Panther's and I will root for the Patriots 9 out of 10 times they play the Panthers. The 1 out of 10 times is if the Patriots and Bengals are ever competing for a higher seed in the playoffs then I will root against the Patriots.

Speaking of the Patriots, Gronk is far more of a diva then Cam as Gronk has scored far more TD's and TD celebrations then Cam and Gronk has been suspended for going after a player.

I know a lot about the Patriots because I hate the Steelers and I root for the Patriots to have a higher seed then the Steelers and I usually have Gronk or Brady on my fantasy teams. So with me watching the Patriots a lot I have become fond of Gronk and I love his TD celebrations and his interviews. So, you don't know who I like or not like. 

I tell the truth, Cam does his Superman pose, but Aaron Rodgers did his wearing a Title Belt pose when he scored his TD's and did his celebrations, is Aaron a diva?

[Image: aaronrodgersbeltcele_display_image.jpg?1296874579]

Does Cam pout when he loses? YES!!! Does that make him look bad? YES!!! Does Cam give bad interviews? Sometimes YES!!!

Cam is no more of a diva then Gronk. But Gronk is far more likeable then Cam.

[Image: gronk.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]

[Image: Rob-Gronkowski-2016-Photo-Shoot-GQ-003-800x512.jpg] 

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Finally, you write the truth, you don't like him for whatever reason.

I am not a fan of Cam, nor do I like his elaborate fashion choices.

I am not a fan of the Panther's and I will root for the Patriots 9 out of 10 times they play the Panthers. The 1 out of 10 times is if the Patriots and Bengals are ever competing for a higher seed in the playoffs then I will root against the Patriots.

Speaking of the Patriots, Gronk is far more of a diva then Cam as Gronk has scored far more TD's and TD celebrations then Cam and Gronk has been suspended for going after a player.

I know a lot about the Patriots because I hate the Steelers and I root for the Patriots to have a higher seed then the Steelers and I usually have Gronk or Brady on my fantasy teams. So with me watching the Patriots a lot I have become fond of Gronk and I love his TD celebrations and his interviews. So, you don't know who I like or not like. 

I tell the truth, Cam does his Superman pose, but Aaron Rodgers did his wearing a Title Belt pose when he scored his TD's and did his celebrations, is Aaron a diva?

[Image: aaronrodgersbeltcele_display_image.jpg?1296874579]

Does Cam pout when he loses? YES!!! Does that make him look bad? YES!!! Does Cam give bad interviews? Sometimes YES!!!

Cam is no more of a diva then Gronk. But Gronk is far more likeable then Cam.

[Image: gronk.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]

[Image: Rob-Gronkowski-2016-Photo-Shoot-GQ-003-800x512.jpg] 

I don't necessarily consider TD celebrations the main sign of being a diva. It is the selfish nature in the way
they speak and lots of other signs. For example, Antonio Brown is a big time diva. I wouldn't consider Travis
Kelce a diva but he does lots of exotic TD celebrations. LeVeon Bell is a big time pot smoking diva.

The Pig is a diva and i consider Cam a diva, he just sounds selfish to me and stuck up. Just me i guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't necessarily consider TD celebrations the main sign of being a diva. It is the selfish nature in the way
they speak and lots of other signs. For example, Antonio Brown is a big time diva. I wouldn't consider Travis
Kelce a diva but he does lots of exotic TD celebrations. LeVeon Bell is a big time pot smoking diva.

The Pig is a diva and i consider Cam a diva, he just sounds selfish to me and stuck up. Just me i guess.

Ok, so what are lots of other signs? Mellow

So a person who scores TD's and just hands the ball to the ref can be a diva, because "lots of other signs"??? Mellow

I would love to know what are the "lots of other signs" Mellow

As for being selfish...

[Image: to-be-successful-you-have-to-be-selfish-...197867.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 02:18 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Ok, so what are lots of other signs? Mellow

So a person who scores TD's and just hands the ball to the ref can be a diva, because "lots of other signs"??? Mellow

I would love to know what are the "lots of other signs" Mellow

As for being selfish...

[Image: to-be-successful-you-have-to-be-selfish-...197867.jpg]

Nice quote from MJ, the best and i get what he is saying there. Different type of selfish though.

If you are selfish to the team's detriment it is a bad thing.

But like i said, the fashion that Cam displays is quite out there, like Dennis Rodman out there who was a diva.

AJ Green in no diva, all class, like Jordan. Dalton is all class. Cam and Dalton are complete opposite in this respect IMO.

These are just my opinions Yankee, don't get angry with them or anything. We just disagree.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice quote from MJ, the best and i get what he is saying there. Different type of selfish though.

If you are selfish to the team's detriment it is a bad thing.

But like i said, the fashion that Cam displays is quite out there, like Dennis Rodman out there who was a diva.

AJ Green in no diva, all class, like Jordan. Dalton is all class. Cam and Dalton are complete opposite in this respect IMO.

These are just my opinions Yankee, don't get angry with them or anything. We just disagree.

Nate, as I stated earlier most NFL fans, GM's, etc, OUTSIDE of Cincy will choose Cam over Dalton any day, anytime. Last Sunday was the evidence. I guess the fact that he was 2015, the MVP of the NFL is not evidence for you either. Oh, I get it he comes from a Big market city, but wait Cincy is a bigger market than Charlotte. Whatever

Nate, I am not angry at your opinion. I can understand that you don't like Cam. He is a very emotional player and he loves the game especially if he wins and he sometimes pouts if when he loses. I don't like it and it makes him look too emotional and a jerk. But most athletes  are too emotional and a jerk when they lose. Look at Serena Williams or Mike Tyson[bites an ear from Holyfield, when he was losing] both these athletes were jerks when they were losing. Mike Tyson has said pretty selfish remarks, but he as well as Serena are no Diva's. And I disagree with you Michael Jordan was selfish as a player, read some of his biography books, the dude was VERY Selfish to his own teammates in practice as well as help keep Isiah Thomas off the Dream Team.

How in the world can you respect ...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943095-top-10-stories-of-michael-jordan-being-the-greatest-jerk-of-all-time

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-michael-jordans-relationship-with-his-teammates/

https://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-15-stories-that-prove-michael-jordan-was-a-big-jerk/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/84s8z5/many_accounts_of_michael_jordan_being_a_jerk/

https://www.elitedaily.com/sports/23-incredible-stories-prove-michael-jordan-still-greatest-time/720921

And there are a lot more links.

I knew this about Mike along time ago. Funny, Mike admits about being selfish, but you give him  a pass, But I don't give him a pass.
He is not a diva, nor is Kobe Bryant, but he is also a jerk. The same for Lebron James, a jerk but not a diva.

Nate, I get it you want more of a vanilla player who just hands the ball to the ref after he scores a TD. You don't want a Superman pose, I assume you don't like Aaron Rodgers, Title Belt gesture either after he scores a TD. I also assume you don't like when Tom Brady curses off his coaching staff. When Gronk loses a SB, he talks about retirement. These are similar to Cam's behavior, although I can't recall him cursing out anyone on National TV like Brady has done. Keep in mind, I like Brady, Gronk and Aaron[see SB win over Steelers]. I wish any of these QB's and Gronk were on the Bengals. 

Cam can be a jerk, but he is no diva.

Back to topic... Bengals are ranked 3 now in the AFC Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: We clinch the first seed and by pass our first round playoff issues. Tongue

At this moment, before Monday night's game of KC vs Denver we are ranked #2.

If Denver wins tonight, we will be ranked #1 !!!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 04:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: At this moment, before Monday night's game of KC vs Denver we are ranked #2.

If Denver wins tonight, we will be ranked #1 !!!! ThumbsUp

Ok, we are ranked #2 and we play 3rd ranked Miami this week!
Reply/Quote
.....bengals would be 2 seed in the AFC.

Long road to go but this start has been great.

Reply/Quote
If the season ended today, we would be ranked #2, right after Kansas City and right before ranked #3 the Patriots.
If we take care of business next week and beat the Squealers and the Patriots beat the Chiefs, we will be ranked #1.
Reply/Quote

We are ranked #3 and we play #6 Baltimore in Cincy first round.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are ranked #6 and we would play the Steelers ranked #3 in the first round at Pittsburgh.

1. Chiefs
2. Pats
3. Squealers
4. Houston
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

First round

6. Bengals at 3. Steelers
5. Chargers at 4. Houston

1.Chiefs 2. Pats First round bye.

* A victory over the Steelers Hilarious give us a return visit to KC. Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Bengals are ranked #6 and we would play the Steelers ranked #3 in the first round at Pittsburgh.

1. Chiefs
2. Pats
3. Squealers
4. Houston
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

First round

1.Chiefs 2. Pats  First round bye.

* A victory over the Steelers Hilarious  give us a return visit to KC.  Cry

Well that's a problem we won't have to worry about. 

[Image: 7CBj.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Bengals are ranked #6 and we would play the Steelers ranked #3 in the first round at Pittsburgh.

1. Chiefs
2. Pats
3. Squealers
4. Houston
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

First round

1.Chiefs 2. Pats  First round bye.

* A victory over the Steelers Hilarious  give us a return visit to KC.  Cry

As of 10/31/18