Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the team did the right thing for Oline
Not a lot can be done to improve the line dramatically/instantly at this point in a season:

Status quo = hope for slow improvement via coaching and practice

Fire Turner = who takes over now? what scheme? would it actually change anything?

Lineup change = a small chance, but who haven’t we seen that could realistically improve the whole line? I guess would could see what Adeniji has.

Trade = only good solution I could come up with. If the team is serious about protecting Burrow and competing now, time to pony up serious draft capital and player depth for an elite lineman, preferably at RT or RG.

Any suggestions? Can’t be a guy that has potential and might just need a change of scenery. Has to be a proven top tier vet. Probably going to be a take on a huge contract or extend with huge contract type of deal.
Reply/Quote
Well, we passed on Trent Williams, Peters, and Warford. So the chances were there.
Reply/Quote
Can we add a 6th offensive lineman to the formation?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Justin Britt.

He is back to healthy and on the street
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 03:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Justin Britt.

He is back to healthy and on the street

Serviceable, but the team needs a top tier guy. Might be a couple of weeks before we see what’s available in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Serviceable, but the team needs a top tier guy. Might be a couple of weeks before we see what’s available in a trade.

Serviceable is the best solution we can hope for in-season, and serviceable plugs the leak.

Get top tier in the draft or FA, as they are the long term solutions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Serviceable is the best solution we can hope for in-season, and serviceable plugs the leak.

Get top tier in the draft or FA, as they are the long term solutions.

The point of this thread, is the only way to actually upgrade in season is a trade. Are there any trade options out there now or in the near future? I don’t think a guy off the street would do enough to change the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:22 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Can we add a 6th offensive lineman to the formation?

Not a good idea, Burrow is more comfortable in 5 man fronts, opens up the field for him.

To Yo, I don't know about any top tier Vets that would be available by trade but I am interested in seeing what people come up with
in this thread. Still would take a serviceable Vet like Britt though, the right side of the Line is hurting our season already.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a good idea, Burrow is more comfortable in 5 man fronts, opens up the field for him.

To Yo, I don't know about any top tier Vets that would be available by trade but I am interested in seeing what people come up with
in this thread. Still would take a serviceable Vet like Britt though, the right side of the Line is hurting our season already.

I looked around at OT’s and couldn’t find one that might be available due to expiring contract or too big of cap hit for their current team and on a team that isn’t likely to make the playoffs this season.

I haven’t looked around for an OG yet though.

Might be a couple of more weeks before a trade market starts to shape up.
Reply/Quote
They could go practice squad hunting. Since there aren't enough OL to go around, a trade for a decent starter calibre player doesn't seem all that likely. It might look something like Green or Dunlap for some backup that we've never heard of. 

They can try to coach their way out of it during the season. Maybe MJ and Fred J progress throughout the year. The most realistic option seems to be to attack it in the off season by spending up for a veteran or spending draft capital. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 05:15 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They could go practice squad hunting. Since there aren't enough OL to go around, a trade for a decent starter calibre player doesn't seem all that likely. It might look something like Green or Dunlap for some backup that we've never heard of. 

They can try to coach their way out of it during the season. Maybe MJ and Fred J progress throughout the year. The most realistic option seems to be to attack it in the off season by spending up for a veteran or spending draft capital. 

A trade would be expensive in both draft capital and a bigger contract, but that’s the only way to potentially immediately improve the line. A PS player won’t do it and “coaching up” takes time. I doubt the team will do anything as drastic as a trade, it’s just their M.O., so the offseason is where they will likely do something, hopefully it’s more than just a day 3 draft pick. But, waiting until then will doom this season and get Burrow hit more than he should be.
Reply/Quote