Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If there were ever a time for a 1 seed...
It's next year:

Texans
Colts
Rams
Seahawks
Vikings
Bills
Chiefs
Cardinals
Jaguars
Titans
49ers

It's early, but on paper there are a lot of winnable games on our out of conference schedule next year. Lets play KC at home next year for once in the AFC Championship Game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's next year:

Texans
Colts
Rams
Seahawks
Vikings
Bills
Chiefs

Cardinals
Jaguars
Titans
49ers

It's early, but on paper there are a lot of winnable games on that our out of conference schedule next year. Lets play KC at home next year for once in the AFC Championship Game.

Not all that easy. I highlighted the good teams
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not all that easy. I highlighted the good teams

I wouldn't be shocked if the Vikings and Seahawks weren't playoff teams next year. Although the NFC is so bad in general who really knows.

I count that we play 5 terrible teams, 4 OK teams, and 2 good teams.
Reply/Quote
It's those pesky 6 games in the best division in the AFC that gets ya.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every year is different. A lot of folks thought Denver and Arizona were going to do well at the beginning of last season. Look how that turned out. Sometimes all it takes is for a team to lose a few key players and they go from playoff contender to bottom dweller.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:23 PM)Synric Wrote: It's those pesky 6 games in the best division in the AFC that gets ya.

I agree, but I also feel it's what makes us better too. Iron sharpens iron afterall.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:29 PM)Mer Wrote: I agree, but I also feel it's what makes us better too. Iron sharpens iron afterall.

Until that Iron (Ravens/AFC North opponent) destroys the knees of your two starting OL. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:29 PM)Mer Wrote: I agree, but I also feel it's what makes us better too. Iron sharpens iron afterall.

sure but it also works against them in terms of securing the 1 seed
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: sure but it also works against them in terms of securing the 1 seed

Yeah, for years the Patriots had an easy time with the NFL East. During Brady's years, the Buffalo Bills were 83-130, with their best record one year with 9 wins. The Dolphins were 98-115 over the same period and the Jets 105-108. Easy to get a 1 seed with those kind of opponents. And look at Tampa Bay's opponents this year. Meanwhile, the Ravens and Steelers have been difficult and now Cleveland may finally have a QB. Makes getting a number 1 seed and playing at home in the playoffs quite a difficult task.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:23 PM)Synric Wrote: It's those pesky 6 games in the best division in the AFC that gets ya.

Hmmm, I need to see Pickett progress, whomever the Ravens have at QB, and Watson not look like the biggest mistake trade in the history of sports before I buy into that.  

At any rate, we have no reason to have a slow start this year because Burrow isn't coming back from an injury or (hopefully) not having surprise surgery before the season.  The slow starts are what stop our quest for the #1 seed, not so much a schedule of good teams because we've gotten hot and steamrolled some of the best team in the NFL AFTER starting slowly.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 05:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, for years the Patriots had an easy time with the NFL East. During Brady's years, the Buffalo Bills were 83-130, with their best record one year with 9 wins. The Dolphins were 98-115 over the same period and the Jets 105-108. Easy to get a 1 seed with those kind of opponents. And look at Tampa Bay's opponents this year. Meanwhile, the Ravens and Steelers have been difficult and now Cleveland may finally have a QB. Makes getting a number 1 seed and playing at home in the playoffs quite a difficult task.

Iron sharpens iron!

And in the Pats' case, hot iron glides through butter!
Reply/Quote

Pitt and Cleveland will be better next year too with Pickett inevitably getting more comfortable and confident ….and Watson acclimating.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's next year:

Texans
Colts
Rams
Seahawks
Vikings
Bills
Chiefs
Cardinals
Jaguars
Titans
49ers

It's early, but on paper there are a lot of winnable games on our out of conference schedule next year. Lets play KC at home next year for once in the AFC Championship Game.

Well problem look at KC out of division plus our division looks to be stronger than AFC West at this time.  NFC North is weaker than NFC South and we play KC away.. though my gut is we will be at a neutral site in Germany.  I dont see us having a better overall record.

Dolphins
Patriots
Jets
Bills
Vikings
Bears
Packers
Lions
Jags
Eagles
US
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but how does it compare to the best division in NFL history, the AFC West?  We were told this multiple times in the preseason.  Still waiting for Herbert and those Chargers to dominate the league.  They could legitimately have 4 teams in the playoffs they said....

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 05:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, for years the Patriots had an easy time with the NFL East. During Brady's years, the Buffalo Bills were 83-130, with their best record one year with 9 wins. The Dolphins were 98-115 over the same period and the Jets 105-108. Easy to get a 1 seed with those kind of opponents. And look at Tampa Bay's opponents this year. Meanwhile, the Ravens and Steelers have been difficult and now Cleveland may finally have a QB. Makes getting a number 1 seed and playing at home in the playoffs quite a difficult task.

This fact is not stated enough and is the most likely reason no one will catch Brady.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 04:14 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not all that easy. I highlighted the good teams

Rams will be back.. injuries killed them...
Reply/Quote
They went 9-1 outside of the division this year and got a #3 seed. If they go 10-1 or 9-2 outside of the division with that 2023 schedule, I'd be pretty happy. They need to rise above this division to truly be elite and it all starts with LT. Jonah can't hang with Myles Garrett at all. It's just one sided dominance between the two. If the Bengals are just average at LT over the years, Joe Burrow doesn't have to go five games to pick up his first win against Cleveland, but Jonah is below average. JT Watt mostly lines up over against RT but it was Alex Highsmith with 3.5 sacks coming from Jonah's side, three coming in the loss.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I liked what I saw from Carman at the game. Granted it was a small sample but against 2 different, but top flight defenses. I hate to gamble at LT though.
Just stop with drafting injured and/or new position guys. For cryin out loud. I know they’re trying to gamble a little to get improved value but this needs to stop. Along with the other traits they look for, how about adding healthy to their list?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

Is it odd that I don’t consider our division the best but it’s certainly the toughest.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 11:21 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Is it odd that I don’t consider our division the best but it’s certainly the toughest.

the steelers will always finish at worst .500, the ravens are one of the best ran franchises in the league, the burrow bengals are legit for the foreseeable future. It's always been the best division in football 
Reply/Quote