Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If these OL are on the board at 31! Who you Got
Tiger

Now to me all of these guys have value to the team immediately. I don't care about the development of Jackson Carman. To me if any of these three are selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in a few weeks then your looking at my dream. A top 5 offensive line with a top 3 quarterback in the NFL. Now who would I take.... Well I have mocks with two at the top but I'm taking ... 

Kenyon Green

All three would make us elite especially with Burrow but I lean to versatility. I just think that the league is going the way of selecting offensive lineman early with versatility unless you have a positional ceiling thru the roof. They have a board down at PBS and I wonder where they have each guy ranked. Just fun and wanted to get your thoughts.

Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa
https://youtu.be/mVsRFegsuzQ

Kenyon Green OL Texas A&M
https://youtu.be/yYNsqddRh3c

Zion Johnson OL Boston College
https://youtu.be/u7zSyVm1H-4
Reply/Quote
NONE....If you keep tabs on Bengals.com, Bengals are happy with O Line they got in Free Agency and are going DEFENSE at pick 31.

It's been a long time since Bengals drafted a round 1 CB, and even longer a round 1 D Lineman, Linebacker or Safety. So Bengals feel they have to break the streak of picking Offense in Round One, and take DEFENSE for a change in 2022.

So, Who you got on Defense ?....I like D Line Wyatt who can play DE or DT like Big Daffy Wilkinson use to, if he falls to 31.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zion Johnson will be like the Colts Quenton Nelson.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy seeing any of those three on the Bengals, but I'd have to give my preferential nod to Zion Johnson. However, I really don't see the Bengals taking OL in the 1st round this year, my gut says they go defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 01:18 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Now to me all of these guys have value to the team immediately. I don't care about the development of Jackson Carman. To me if any of these three are selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in a few weeks then your looking at my dream. A top 5 offensive line with a top 3 quarterback in the NFL. Now who would I take.... Well I have mocks with two at the top but I'm taking ... 

Kenyon Green

All three would make us elite especially with Burrow but I lean to versatility. I just think that the league is going the way of selecting offensive lineman early with versatility unless you have a positional ceiling thru the roof. They have a board down at PBS and I wonder where they have each guy ranked. Just fun and wanted to get your thoughts.

Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa
https://youtu.be/mVsRFegsuzQ

Kenyon Green OL Texas A&M
https://youtu.be/yYNsqddRh3c

Zion Johnson OL Boston College
https://youtu.be/u7zSyVm1H-4

Johnson is the most versatile, and probably the one best suited on any team due to scheme diversity. He even played some C at the Senior Bowl.
Linderbaum is a good fit if Bengals stick with what they ran last year, but he's not if they go a different route.
So I'd go Johnson especially if Bengals really are set on Karras as the C for the next few years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Any of the three I would be extremely happy with if we draft them at 31. Really almost no preference but I guess Zion and Green might give us a little bit more flexibility.

I really think a starting caliber Oline might have the most immediate impact for the Bengals. The top CB's are almost certainly gonna be gone and any DL will be in a rotation.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 10:09 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Any of the three I would be extremely happy with if we draft them at 31. Really almost no preference but I guess Zion and Green might give us a little bit more flexibility.

I really think a starting caliber Oline might have the most immediate impact for the Bengals. The top CB's are almost certainly gonna be gone and any DL will be in a rotation.

My thoughts as well. If there’s a great corner available it’s the only thing that could get them to pass on one of these three. Unfortunately I don’t see any way Johnson escapes Tampa,Pats, or Dallas. If the Ravens pass on Linderbaum he becomes a real possibility. Baltimore is going to have to pass on some pretty good defensive players at #14. Linderbaum is not the #14 best player in this draft. Green will be close to us. I see him possibly to the Pats or Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Rather select Linderbaum. Super athletic and talented. Yup that’s my hope if it’s O line
Reply/Quote
To answer the op question, if Karras really is better at guard than center I’d go linderbaum. Linderbaum is probably the highest rated of the 3. Then green and Johnson. All three would be good picks if we were going that route.

I also think they’re going defense early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Johnson is the most versatile, and probably the one best suited on any team due to scheme diversity. He even played some C at the Senior Bowl.
Linderbaum is a good fit if Bengals stick with what they ran last year, but he's not if they go a different route.
So I'd go Johnson especially if Bengals really are set on Karras as the C for the next few years.

Linderbaum is fool's gold, imo.  You're hamstringing the team a lot by taking him.  You lock yourself into one run blocking scheme as long as he's on the team.  As has been pointed out before, a short armed C really handicaps your other 4 OL.  The G's have to line up relative to the C and the T's relative to the G's, so when the C has to line up closer to the ball, everyone else has to move up closer to the LoS.

If all three are there at 31 and you're not comfortable with Carman, what are the odds one falls to 63?
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Linderbaum is fool's gold, imo.  You're hamstringing the team a lot by taking him.  You lock yourself into one run blocking scheme as long as he's on the team.  As has been pointed out before, a short armed C really handicaps your other 4 OL.  The G's have to line up relative to the C and the T's relative to the G's, so when the C has to line up closer to the ball, everyone else has to move up closer to the LoS.

If all three are there at 31 and you're not comfortable with Carman, what are the odds one falls to 63?

Yep Linderbaum could very well be a heavy scheme-dependent C.
That's why there's talk of him falling.
He's still expected to be a great fit in a wide zone scheme though.
If you'd ever look to shift from that though, Linderbaum probably isn't the right C for you.

As for Green or Johnson falling to 63, I'd highly doubt that would happen.
But in terms of possibly getting a solid OG at 63, I think there will be some options.
Parham, Rhyan, Raimann (I think he will be OG in NFL, not OT), Salyer, Ingram, Kinnard. At least one of those guys should make it to 63 and could be worth the pick if wanting an OG.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Linderbaum is fool's gold, imo.  You're hamstringing the team a lot by taking him.  You lock yourself into one run blocking scheme as long as he's on the team.  As has been pointed out before, a short armed C really handicaps your other 4 OL.  The G's have to line up relative to the C and the T's relative to the G's, so when the C has to line up closer to the ball, everyone else has to move up closer to the LoS.

I would pass on Linderbaum at #31 because with the signing of Karras it gives them more leeway. 

At #63 options like Sean Rhyan, Tyler Smith, Dylan Parham, Jamaree Salyer, Nicholas Petite-Frere, Abraham Lucas.
At #95 options like Rasheed Walker, Ed Ingram, Darian Kinnard, Cole Strange, Luke Fortner, Luke Goedeke... and so forth. 

This is a Deep IOL draft class with talented guys like Cam Jurgens, Vederian Lowe, Dohnovan West.

Not all of these guys are day one starters but are talented and can come in to compete with Jackson Carman and D'Ante Smith for that Left Guard spot.

I just got done with the WR group which pretty much finishes me for the year. Ive watched a little over 140 prospects and have come to the conclusion that the value of this draft class is in rounds 2-4. I'm hoping the Bengals can find a trade back and secure a third day 2 pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Linderbaum is elite. RAS in the 97th percentile. He probably won’t be there but Jesus Christ if he’s there at 31 and they force defense and reach I will be upset
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 01:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Linderbaum is elite. RAS in the 97th percentile. He probably won’t be there but Jesus Christ if he’s there at 31 and they force defense and reach I will be upset

Elite in speed, quickness, strength, etc.  But does that measure arm length?  Shorter armed linemen always bench press more reps than long armed linemen.  But his is really short.   I've seen a lot of mocks having him fall to mid 2nd round recently.  I'd pass on all 3 OL.  Looking for a DT or a CB (that's not a slot CB).
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 01:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Linderbaum is elite. RAS in the 97th percentile. He probably won’t be there but Jesus Christ if he’s there at 31 and they force defense and reach I will be upset

Here's how Linderbaum compares to another really athletic C prospect who should be available on Day 3 - Cam Jurgens (one of my faves).

Linderbaum:
Height - 6'2.25"
Weight - 302 lb
Arm Length - 31.125"
Vert - 32.5"
Broad - 9'2.5"
40 - 4.98
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.38
3-cone - 7.14
bench - 24

Jurgens:
Height - 6'2.875"
Weight - 303 lb
Arm Length - 33.375"
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 9'11"
40 - 4.92
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.49
3-cone - 7.19
bench - 25

Jurgens' RAS was a 9.94. He beats Linderbaum in everything except for shuttle and 3-cone.

Both highly athletic on tape too.

If Bengals couldn't get Linderbaum or chose to pass on him due to priority of other positions, I'd love to get Jurgens later in the draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's how Linderbaum compares to another really athletic C prospect who should be available on Day 3 - Cam Jurgens (one of my faves).

Linderbaum:
Height - 6'2.25"
Weight - 302 lb
Arm Length - 31.125"
Vert - 32.5"
Broad - 9'2.5"
40 - 4.98
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.38
3-cone - 7.14
bench - 24

Jurgens:
Height - 6'2.875"
Weight - 303 lb
Arm Length - 33.375"
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 9'11"
40 - 4.92
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.49
3-cone - 7.19
bench - 25

Jurgens' RAS was a 9.94. He beats Linderbaum in everything except for shuttle and 3-cone.

If Bengals couldn't get Linderbaum or chose to pass on him due to priority of other positions, I'd love to get Jurgens later in the draft.

So why is Linderbaum rated so much higher than Jurgens? I don’t have time to do this kind of research anymore, but just off the 3 minutes of tape I saw from both I see the raw athlete in both players, but I see better technique from Linderbaum. But that can’t be why Jurgens us a day 3 pick. I still love Linderbaum and think he’s an all pro center.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's how Linderbaum compares to another really athletic C prospect who should be available on Day 3 - Cam Jurgens (one of my faves).

Linderbaum:
Height - 6'2.25"
Weight - 302 lb
Arm Length - 31.125"
Vert - 32.5"
Broad - 9'2.5"
40 - 4.98
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.38
3-cone - 7.14
bench - 24

Jurgens:
Height - 6'2.875"
Weight - 303 lb
Arm Length - 33.375"
Vert - 33.5"
Broad - 9'11"
40 - 4.92
10 - 1.71
shuttle - 4.49
3-cone - 7.19
bench - 25

Day 3? Daniel Jeremiah says Jurgens will get drafted before Linderbaum. I'm not sure I believe that but i've saw Jurgens go in round 3 lately and he's moving up boards.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't kick my table over on any of them. But my guess is they'll go Dline or CB at #31. With possibly a long shot of WR if one of their higher rated ones slips.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 04:07 PM)pulses Wrote: Day 3? Daniel Jeremiah says Jurgens will get drafted before Linderbaum. I'm not sure I believe that but i've saw Jurgens go in round 3 lately and he's moving up boards.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jurgens go higher. TDN has him as their 183rd overall prospect.
He's not as refined as Linderbaum, but he does have better measurables.
The big concern with him was his lack of sand in his pants to handle more powerful DTs, but he was also playing at 280-290 lbs in college.
Now he's up to 300 and shown he still has very good agility and speed for an OL with that added weight.

If Linderbaum falls into Day 2 or even Day 3, it's because teams will be incredibly scared off from his lack of length.
Jurgens has much better length than he does, plus he's a very similar style player.
But Linderbaum is great for what he does and finds ways to win despite his size.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 04:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't kick my table over on any of them. But my guess is they'll go Dline or CB at #31. With possibly a long shot of WR if one of their higher rated ones slips.

Tiger

Now don't get me wrong because about three wideouts are certainty in play but why at 31. In my eyes your looking either for a guy that challenges a starter "seriously" or a faller with higher value. I just believe any of the three would be great additions with starting potential on day one. I'm not one to believe that the line is fixed just yet. Now is it better certainly but your depth guys need to be developed because they've literally showed the world that. I was actually hoping for Tretter signing on a grudge deal as a stop gap at center and a veteran presence until next draft season. The center class next offseason will be outstanding.
Reply/Quote