Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If they play games in empty stadiums...
(04-16-2020, 05:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To the players, it will feel like an afternoon scrimmage. MNF would definitely not be the same. Maybe we get a win in Prime Time? It will be different and have an eerie feeling at first. Like watching Dawn of the Dead sports version. Probably wont be cheerleaders either, I mean, what would be the point? On the plus side, beer will be cheaper, you can still tailgate at home, knock one out with the significant other during halftime, no fear of DUI on way home, Couple hundred bucks still in bank account, and actually get to work on time Monday morning. The glass is half full.

LMAO... Hilarious

Let me guess:  Doggie style!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: LMAO... Hilarious

Let me guess:  Doggie style!

[Image: 920x920.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: ziq6jqd678t41.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 920x920.jpg]

There is a reason you always seem to win "best use of GIFs and pictures"
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 05:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: To the players, it will feel like an afternoon scrimmage. MNF would definitely not be the same. Maybe we get a win in Prime Time? It will be different and have an eerie feeling at first. Like watching Dawn of the Dead sports version. Probably wont be cheerleaders either, I mean, what would be the point? On the plus side, beer will be cheaper, you can still tailgate at home, knock one out with the significant other during halftime, no fear of DUI on way home, Couple hundred bucks still in bank account, and actually get to work on time Monday morning. The glass is half full.

It would be awesome to have the stadium full of cardboard cutouts and ONE guy sitting in the stands dressed as WALDO.
Snapped a pic and post that on Facebook, along with the name of your cat and the city you were born in...Instant money maker!!
Reply/Quote
I suppose if hundreds, perhaps thousands would literally die without football it could be considered essential services.. Yup, good reason to pay players 10s of millions of dollars.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:22 AM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: ziq6jqd678t41.jpg]

I know our team has sucked, but have we actually had the worst ticket sales/fewest butts in the seats? I thought Jacksonville or somebody was worse at that.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:30 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Here in Australia, our major sport Rugby League had one week of games in empty stadiums before they shut down and it was actually interesting as you could hear the players talking to each other throughout the game. Could hear the hits much better as well. Rugby League is interesting as it doesn't have stoppages between plays so you could hear players calling out plays and sledging each other. 

Interestingly enough Rugby League is looking at restarting on May 28th!

(04-17-2020, 05:41 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote:  As a South Australian / Tasmanian / Victorian, I can't let this go. Since when was rugby league Australia's major sport?

:threadjack:

Rugby is tough man, love it.
Reply/Quote

I like the way you think.
Reply/Quote
What kind of lawsuit do you think the league would face if there were an outbreak among the players playing in these empty stadiums? Obesity is an underlying medical condition... Take a hard look at some of these lineman. What if somebody died from it? I heard Tony Bosseli's interview about it the other day. A 47 year old former pro athlete was touch and go in ICU.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:30 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Here in Australia, our major sport Rugby League had one week of games in empty stadiums before they shut down and it was actually interesting as you could hear the players talking to each other throughout the game. Could hear the hits much better as well. Rugby League is interesting as it doesn't have stoppages between plays so you could hear players calling out plays and sledging each other. 

Interestingly enough Rugby League is looking at restarting on May 28th!

Hey Aussie, I like that!  Sledging!  I'm thinking that it must go above and beyond knocking the ever-loving crap out of somebody, taking it to a new level.  More like bringing down a sledge hammer on top of some poor guy's skull and driving him into the turf like a railroad spike.  I think we should add that term to American football.  As in, "Geno Atkins f*****g sledged Roethlisberger." 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:13 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Hey Aussie, I like that!  Sledging!  I'm thinking that it must go above and beyond knocking the ever-loving crap out of somebody, taking it to a new level.  More like bringing down a sledge hammer on top of some poor guy's skull and driving him into the turf like a railroad spike.  I think we should add that term to American football.  As in, "Geno Atkins f*****g sledged Roethlisberger." 

Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:09 PM)jason Wrote: What kind of lawsuit do you think the league would face if there were an outbreak among the players playing in these empty stadiums? Obesity is an underlying medical condition... Take a hard look at some of these lineman. What if somebody died from it? I heard Tony Bosseli's interview about it the other day. A 47 year old former pro athlete was touch and go in ICU.

I can't imagine any playing would happen unless everyone involved in the game was tested and medically cleared.  I'd be more concerned about the coaches and officials, to be honest.  Have you seen the guts on some of those guys?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:30 PM)McC Wrote: I can't imagine any playing would happen unless everyone involved in the game was tested and medically cleared.  I'd be more concerned about the coaches and officials, to be honest.  Have you seen the guts on some of those guys?

Yeah... Them too. And God forbid, all it takes is one death. I really hope this all clears up one way or another, but I'm really bracing myself for no sports this year. I think we'll know more in the next month or so as we dip our toe in trying to get things back together.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:31 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Them too. And God forbid, all it takes is one death. I really hope this all clears up one way or another, but I'm really bracing myself for no sports this year. I think we'll know more in the next month or so as we dip our toe in trying to get things back together.

I think the chances of sports happening are directly proportional to the availability of testing.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
As others stated if would be pretty awkward to the players, especially with zero noise drowning out the huddle. I imagine there will be a lot more bleeps for cussing on the TV side and also probably hear some farts squeak out here and there. Especially when Lawson lights Rapeleisberger up like Xmas, I can hear that fat bastard getting the wind knocked out of him right now.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 11:44 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: As others stated if would be pretty awkward to the players, especially with zero noise drowning out the huddle. I imagine there will be a lot more bleeps for cussing on the TV side and also probably hear some farts squeak out here and there. Especially when Lawson lights Rapeleisberger up like Xmas, I can hear that fat bastard getting the wind knocked out of him right now.

They'll all just promise to watch their language and say heck and shoot and darn it while they're engaged in trying to knock each other's heads off.

Interesting that you went straight to bad language and farts.  I'm sure that's no indication of how your mind works whatsoever.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 01:05 AM)McC Wrote: They'll all just promise to watch their language and say heck and shoot and darn it while they're engaged in trying to knock each other's heads off.

Interesting that you went straight to bad language and farts.  I'm sure that's no indication of how your mind works whatsoever.

Ha! Just read my auto-signature, it tells you all you need to know about my humor.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
They can CGI the crowds.. ha!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:41 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote:  As a South Australian / Tasmanian / Victorian, I can't let this go. Since when was rugby league Australia's major sport?

:threadjack:

It is in the only states that matter, NSW and QLD, also out rates that AFL rubbish nationally!
Reply/Quote