Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If this Man was....
(10-19-2022, 09:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:

I come with facts you guys come with opinions..The fact of the matter is this, the current bengals have never played with any consistency over the course of a season..we praise because they got hot last season and had the post season success that the last administration never had,but we never acknowledge the fact this team was 10-7..

Currently the record is 3-3 it's a very inconsistent group compared to that 2015 team..keep in mind that Dalton, Atkins and eifert was not available for the playoff game in 15..zac's team was very healthy last year..
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:45 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Zac Taylor has never truly earned the opportunity he's been afforded;Marvin on the other hand had to earn his way thru the ranks..Marvin took over a 2-14 team and went 8-8 right away in a division that fielded 2 playoff teams, meanwhile Zac lost 27 games in his first 2 seasons..

The 2015 bengals would absolutely obliterate this current team, geno Atkins in his prime would have a field day against this oline and the 2015 oline would dominate this dline..I do think awuzie would hold his own against a.j but you still had Marvin Jones, mo sanu and gio out of the backfield..

So you're saying the team was so vastly superior to Zac Taylor Bengals that they would obliterate them yet somehow couldn't win a playoff game. But then the same ZT Bengals made the Superbowl....and this is somehow an indictment on Zac Taylor? 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:24 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I come with facts you guys come with opinions..The fact of the matter is this, the current bengals have never played with any consistency over the course of a season..we praise because they got hot last season and had the post season success that the last administration never had,but we never acknowledge the fact this team was 10-7..

Currently the record is 3-3 it's a very inconsistent group compared to that 2015 team..keep in mind that Dalton, Atkins and eifert was not available for the playoff game in 15..zac's team was very healthy last year..

My dude talks about "facts" while saying a hypothetical game would be an an obliteration. You then go on to say Atkins and Eifert weren't available when Atkins played 86% of the defensive stats and Eifert played 97% of the offensive. Eifert was our 2nd leading receiver and Geno had a sack. 

Maybe refresh your own memory and research what "fact" means before you start trying to make absurd claims. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:27 PM)TheFan Wrote: So you're saying a team so vastly superior to Zac Taylor Bengals that they would obliterate them yet somehow couldn't win a playoff game. But then the same ZT Bengals made the Superbowl....and this is somehow an indictment on Zac Taylor? 

I'm talking about the 2015 bengals vs the current bengals..you understand that Andy Dalton, geno Atkins and Tyler eifert was missing for that playoff lost right?? Zac Taylor had a completely healthy team on both sides of the ball for his playoff team last year just worth noting that..
Reply/Quote
He was a fantastic coach. Am I glad we moved on, yes.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: My dude talks about "facts" while saying a hypothetical game would be an an obliteration. You then go on to say Atkins and Eifert weren't available when Atkins played 86% of the defensive stats and Eifert played 97% of the offensive. Eifert was our 2nd leading receiver and Geno had a sack. 

Maybe refresh your own memory and research what "fact" means before you start trying to make absurd claims. 
I read the inactives for the game Google before I posted and it says geno Atkins (knee) Tyler eifert (elbow) and Andy Dalton( hand) were inactives for the game..
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:44 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I read the inactives for the game Google before I posted and it says geno Atkins (knee) Tyler eifert (elbow) and Andy Dalton( hand) were inactives for the game..

If you're talking about the 2015 game against the Steelers, then that is incorrect and both Eifert and Geno played. I'm not sure why you'd be talking about any other game. It also destroys your entire premise of 2015 Bengals success vs last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:24 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I come with facts you guys come with opinions..The fact of the matter is this, the current bengals have never played with any consistency over the course of a season..we praise because they got hot last season and had the post season success that the last administration never had,but we never acknowledge the fact this team was 10-7..

All i ever see for Marv's teams and players are excuses. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

As long as they killed em, but if this team ever got the lead, or it's a prime time game, Marv's team shits the bed. Guaranteed.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:41 PM)ah5 Wrote: He was a fantastic coach.  Am I glad we moved on, yes.

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk

Yep, Marvin was a great coach ... in the regular season. For whatever reason, he just could never win in the playoffs (nor most games that weren't played at 1pm on a Sunday Ninja). He also should've been booted about 3 years before he was. Despite that, I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the guy that got us out of perpetual basement dwelling.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep, Marvin was a great coach ... in the regular season. For whatever reason, he just could never win in the playoffs (nor most games that weren't played at 1pm on a Sunday Ninja). He also should've been booted about 3 years before he was. Despite that, I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the guy that got us out of perpetual basement dwelling.

Or 5 or 8

But I'm with you. I'll always be thankful to Marvin for helping us out of the abyss. Same for Chad Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or 5 or 8

But I'm with you. I'll always be thankful to Marvin for helping us out of the abyss. Same for Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson was a GREAT wr but I love him because he was so damn entertaining. Dude was just having fun and he made the game more fun for fans.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Horsechit.

How so? Also what draft philosophy has changed under Taylor's era?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 09:36 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I'm talking about the 2015 bengals vs the current bengals..you understand that Andy Dalton, geno Atkins and Tyler eifert was missing for that playoff lost right?? Zac Taylor had a completely healthy team on both sides of the ball for his playoff team last year just worth noting that..

If they did play there's a very good chance Eifert would be hurt anyway. 

Zac has went the SB already and has a 75% winning playoff percentage. 

He has validated his hire already and most likely will stand head and shoulders above Lewis when the it's all said and done.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 10:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All i ever see for Marv's teams and players are excuses. 

As stated many times over the years I like Marvin Lewis and wanted him to be GM at one time as did many others. 

But he was afforded plenty of time to get it done in playoffs but just could not get it done.

Wondering how many of those playoff losses the Bengals were favorites going in only to lose once more. 

Wish him the best though, he got this ball rolling but just could not get it over the hump. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Marvin's undoing was his passive game and could not discipline his players as well (aka CHAD) imo. But Marvin will forever get credit for reviving the Bengals from the depths of the NFL toilet.
Reply/Quote