Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we decide to move on from Marvin..
I wouldnt mind Dan Campbell. Offensive minded and groomed under sean Peyton and parcells.

Bring Hue back as RBs coach. Vance joeseph will probably get fored i would take him as DC. Try to meep lazor on as OC
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 12:14 PM)HuDey Wrote: No to hiring from within. I want an outsider, and a completely new staff of said outsider’s choosing.

As long as its not Gruden. Jon Gruden.
Reply/Quote
I'd take Jay Gruden for HC with Hue Jackson as OC or keep Lazor and use Hue for WR/RB coach.

It's an offense minded league today and these guys could get it done IMO.

Especially with Alexander out of the "Assistant HC" picture...  *fingers crossed*

Let's just hope they could get a more competent DC than Austin.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 12:14 PM)HuDey Wrote: No to hiring from within. I want an outsider, and a completely new staff of said outsider’s choosing.

Don’t hold your breath!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm hiring from the outside. Maybe the Rams OC.

Moot point though as Marvin's signed through next season. We could go 5-11 and they'll keep him.

You beat me to it, Lafleur or something like that. Offensive minded coach if not him, if we're dreaming that is ?

Because as long as MB is signing the checks ML will be the HC, now how long that will be ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 04:07 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Problem is the best coaching candidates are not going to put up with Mike’s delusional front office, free agency, and GM notions.   Especially when set against the other jobs that are bound to be open at the same time.  Cincinnati is not a destination city, nor is it a storied franchise.  Combine that with a Luddite owner/GM and it’s hard to get a top candidate signed.

I don't really buy this line of thinking at all.

1. Marvin Lewis was one of the hottest young candidates in the league when we hired him. We also interviewed Coughlin and Denny Green. Two very accomplished coaches.

2. Bill Parcells took a gig working for Jerry Jones. Joe Gibbs worked for Dan Snyder.

In the end there are only 32 of these jobs. We can get a good coach if we want one.

(11-03-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.

Jim has probably been my dream choice since the 49ers stupidly dumped him instead of Trent Baalke. It'd sure make those Ravens games entertaining.

(11-03-2018, 03:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I kinda' agree with this.  But I think we'll be stuck with Merv.

Sigh...sad but true.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 03:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Jim Harbaugh wins the Big 10 he'll look to return to the pros. I hate him on the opponents sideline, so I'd most likely love him on ours.

He'd be a good get...but one of the reasons Marvin has been here so long and a guy like Zimmer isn't here...is because Marvin is easy to work with and works within the constraints that the Bengals organization imposes.

Supposedly, and this was a rumor...IF Jay Gruden got fired in Washington, he would have been the Bengals HC.
Reply/Quote

He is kind of the "anti-bengal":  very aggressive, crazy energy, contoversial...sounds a bit like Sam Wyche.  That is what I am hoping and praying for:  An innovator.  Not someone with 1970s-style coaching mentality.  

That being said, Harbaugh would be an amazing choice.  I have said this before, and think about having his brother in the same division?  That's gold.

He seems a bit too outspoken to be a choice for our brass, but I would love to have that crazy man on our sidelines.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 07:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't really buy this line of thinking at all.

1. Marvin Lewis was one of the hottest young candidates in the league when we hired him. We also interviewed Coughlin and Denny Green. Two very accomplished coaches.

2. Bill Parcells took a gig working for Jerry Jones. Joe Gibbs worked for Dan Snyder.

In the end there are only 32 of these jobs. We can get a good coach if we want one.

Depends on how many HC spotrs are open when we are looking.  There are indeed only 32 spots and there are lots of guys fighting for those jobs.  So we will get "somebody" but we won't get our pick if other positions are open.

People love to squeal about Mike Browns failures in free agency and other areas until you say that Marvin worked with a handicap and then they area like "Nothing wrong with Mike's free agency at all.  He built a championship team and Marvin screwed it up."
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Depends on how many HC spotrs are open when we are looking.  There are indeed only 32 spots and there are lots of guys fighting for those jobs.  So we will get "somebody" but we won't get our pick if other positions are open.

People love to squeal about Mike Browns failures in free agency and other areas until you say that Marvin worked with a handicap and then they area like "Nothing wrong with Mike's free agency at all.  He built a championship team and Marvin screwed it up."

It's a giant reciprocating #$%& story isn't it ?

They are both guilty in the court of failure to produce. Mike is guilty of throwing every speed bump possible into building a team. Marvin is guilty of folding up like a pup tent anytime the heat is on in game.

You can spin it around and around and around, come at it from a hundred angles. But in the end they're both guilty.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 05:50 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Don’t hold your breath!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh believe me, I 100% expect Mike & Marvin to collaborate on choosing the next coach.....I’m hedging my bets that “continuity” is the final result.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 12:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's a giant reciprocating #$%& story isn't it ?

They are both guilty in the court of failure to produce. Mike is guilty of throwing every speed bump possible into building a team. Marvin is guilty of folding up like a pup tent anytime the heat is on in game.

You can spin it around and around and around, come at it from a hundred angles. But in the end they're both guilty.

Well said
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Lets face it the chance of us getting a Super Bowl winning coach are as good as the Browns chances of going to the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 12:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He'd be a good get...but one of the reasons Marvin has been here so long and a guy like Zimmer isn't here...is because Marvin is easy to work with and works within the constraints that the Bengals organization imposes.

Supposedly, and this was a rumor...IF Jay Gruden got fired in Washington, he would have been the Bengals HC.

Redskins are leading their division at 5-2, so I doubt Jay is going anywhere.

(11-04-2018, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Depends on how many HC spotrs are open when we are looking.  There are indeed only 32 spots and there are lots of guys fighting for those jobs.  So we will get "somebody" but we won't get our pick if other positions are open.

5 spots were open in 2003 (Cowboys, Jaguars, 49ers, Lions, Bengals) and we got probably the hottest young candidate in the league.

I blame Mike when we miss the playoffs. Marv has shown the ability to get there if we have enough talent.

I blame Marv when we go a ridiculous 8-25 vs the Steelers, or an identical 8-25 record in regular season prime-time games, or that record breaking 0-7 playoff record. When the teams are good enough to win 10 games in a tough division, they should be good enough to win a playoff game or several.

(11-04-2018, 12:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's a giant reciprocating #$%& story isn't it ?

Rep.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Please no to Harbaugh.. that guy whines way too much.. didnt he break his headset throwing it down in a tantrum during the osu game a few years back?? Pass.

Marvin is not going anywhere. He will coach here until he wants to stop.
Reply/Quote
Would not mind Hue Jackson as head coach with Gregg Williams as defensive Coordinator. Also another name I would look for Robert Saleh from San Francisco.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:31 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Please no to Harbaugh.. that guy whines way too much.. didnt he break his headset throwing it down in a tantrum during the osu game a few years back?? Pass.

Marvin is not going anywhere. He will coach here until he wants to stop.

Have you ever watched the steelers play? They are coached to whine and flop. It gets them favorable calls all the time. 

If you cant beat em join em.

Marvin being a passive chump ass push over doing nothibg but clapping during the game then being afraid to say anything to the press after. Is probably the main reason i am steady complaining about officiating.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Would not mind Hue Jackson as head coach  with Gregg Williams as defensive Coordinator. Also another name I would look for Robert Saleh from San Francisco.

After watching Hard Knocks I wouldn't want Hue or Williams. Hue just doesn't seem cut out for being a Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Have you ever watched the steelers play? They are coached to whine and flop. It gets them favorable calls all the time. 

If you cant beat em join em.

Marvin being a passive chump ass push over doing nothibg but clapping during the game then being afraid to say anything to the press after. Is probably the main reason i am steady complaining about officiating.

I couldn't see Harbaugh co-existing with Mike Brown. The Bengals seem to like coaches who don't make waves.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After watching Hard Knocks I wouldn't want Hue or Williams. Hue just doesn't seem cut out for being a Head Coach.

That's a dumb reason to not pick a coach. There plenty of reasons not to like Hue (mainly his record) but not something from a TV show.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote