Poll: Which of the 3 options in this POLL would upset you the most ?
Vita Vea or Da Ron Payne taken in round 1 to set up a Geno Atkins departure in 2019
A top rookie Corner taken in round 1 to set up a Darqueze Dennard departure in 2019
Marcus Davenport taken in round 1 to set up a Carlos Dunlap departure in 2019
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If we don’t resign all 3 & plan for 1 to leave with a 1st round pick/Upset most Poll
Do we really think that all 3 of Geno Atkins, Darqueze Dennard and Carlos Dunlap will all be signed to contracts going from 2019 to beyond.

Maybe they will, however, it may be more likely that at least one of the 3 may be allowed to leave in 2019.

Which of the 3 options in this POLL would upset you the most as a way the Bengals may Plan for the departure of 1 of the 3 using a 1st round pick in 2018 to draft and develop then replace ?
Reply/Quote
I chose option 1, but I wouldn't mind taking Vea and keeping Geno.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely Geno. To me he's the heart of this team as it's calling card is that defensive line that revolves around him blowing up the inside. You don't draft someone to replace him, you pay the man and hope he takes your money because he's that rare. After losing Whit, losing Geno could be the domino that sends AJ out and it would require A LOT of good drafts just to get back to putting together a team that wants to win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
There is no way Vea or Payne can replace what Geno brings so therefore he is the pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I have, literally, no interest in Geno Atkins ever playing this game as anything other than a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Dennard got more votes than Carlos?

I think the question confused some people.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 02:17 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Dennard got more votes than Carlos?

I think the question confused some people.

Just 1 person so far.

Frankly, any vote that isn't for Atkins is by a confused person. Whether they realize it or not.
Reply/Quote
Vea/Payne in Rd 1 to replace Atkins would upset me the most.
1) Atkins is the best player out of himself, Dunlap, and Dennard.
2) Vea and Payne are not nearly the pass rushing threat that Atkins is. A true 3T would be needed to replace Atkins. And you can't convince me that either of those guys can be an elite full-time 3T. I've done enough research on my own that my mind will not be changed.
3) Dennard is the one I'd be most ok with losing, and I think the Bengals can get a good CB this year to prepare for replacing him. I don't see the same talent at DE (after Chubb, who won't be available at 12) or DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 02:08 PM)phil413 Wrote: Absolutely Geno.  To me he's the heart of this team as it's calling card is that defensive line that revolves around him blowing up the inside.  You don't draft someone to replace him, you pay the man and hope he takes your money because he's that rare.  After losing Whit, losing Geno could be the domino that sends AJ out and it would require A LOT of good drafts just to get back to putting together a team that wants to win a playoff game.

What if Hobson showed the benefits of having say Vita Vea or Payne while mentioning Geno's age of what would be 30 years old come draft day coupled with how much money Geno gets from another team. Hobson then compares the money given to Geno as being like the Zeitler situation only Geno got even more money & is older. Hobson then implies that those savings can be used for other team upgrades plus we have Vea or Payne to show that they Planned for this. They thought it through.

A Hobson - Win/Win spin.

Would that change your mind ?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
depthchart Wrote:What if Hobson showed the benefits of having say Vita Vea or Payne while mentioning Geno's age of what would be 30 years old come draft day coupled with how much money Geno gets from another team. Hobson then compares the money given to Geno as being like the Zeitler situation only Geno got even more money & is older. Hobson then implies that those savings can be used for other team upgrades plus we have Vea or Payne to show that they Planned for this. They thought it through.

A Hobson - Win/Win spin.

Would that change your mind ?  Mellow

Hilarious

I know he's just a mouthpiece but it has to hurt the man typing that stuff up.  
Reply/Quote
Atkins is a probably HOF'er and should spend his entire career in stripes. This franchise doesn't have enough of that (HOF'ers OR players that spend their entire careers as Bengals).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins like AJ Green need to be Bengals forever. I think Dunlap needs to also reup his contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. Although Dennard showed some promise this past year he has been injured and I think the Bengals could get by with Drafting another young cornerback.

I say this because of the opening posts options it's not something I would want them to do. But Fitzpatrick out of Alabama to play cornerback and safety for the Cincinnati Bengals if he's there at number 12.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Losing Atkins would upset me the most, and drafting a 1st round corner would upset me the most out of the draft picks
Reply/Quote
They would all upset me. I’m sick of them trying to replace our stars before they leave and ignoring our weaknesses in the meantime. If we continue to draft to replace our great players while they’re still here we will never get over the hump. Fix the holes we have now with our top picks, then when our current strengths leave our old weak spots will be our new strengths and vice versa. At least that way we are getting better. If we draft someone to be a possible replacement a year or 2 down the line we aren’t getting any better and are wasting the time we have left with Geno/Dunlap/etc. Let’s put the pieces they need around them and try to win now instead of trying not to lose in the future.
Reply/Quote
Just the idea of Geno Atkins playing for another team makes my stomach upset.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They would all upset me. I’m sick of them trying to replace our stars before they leave and ignoring our weaknesses in the meantime. If we continue to draft to replace our great players while they’re still here we will never get over the hump. Fix the holes we have now with our top picks, then when our current strengths leave our old weak spots will be our new strengths and vice versa. At least that way we are getting better. If we draft someone to be a possible replacement a year or 2 down the line we aren’t getting any better and are wasting the time we have left with Geno/Dunlap/etc. Let’s put the pieces they need around them and try to win now instead of trying not to lose in the future.

I Totally agree  :heart:
Reply/Quote
But yeah i voted for Geno. I have no problem drafting a DT to play next to him if he’s a difference maker, but there is no reason to have Geno ever play for a different franchise.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 01:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: Do we really think that all 3 of Geno Atkins, Darqueze Dennard and Carlos Dunlap will all be signed to contracts going from 2019 to beyond.

Maybe they will, however, it may be more likely that at least one of the 3 may be allowed to leave in 2019.

Which of the 3 options in this POLL would upset you the most as a way the Bengals may Plan for the departure of 1 of the 3 using a 1st round pick in 2018 to draft and develop then replace ?

I think if anything its probly Dennard... unless they choose to keep him and eat the cost of cutting kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
I'd say Geno is our modern Tim Krumrie. We drafted Willis and Lawson so we're better set up to replace Dunlap than Geno. Besides, you don't see 3Ts like Geno often.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Like most others I hope to never see Geno play for anyone other than the Bengals.

Felt that way with Whit as well though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote