Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we go whit over zeit
For one I'm all for zeit over whit but keep hearing zeit is walking and that we value the T position more than the guard.

If we go whit over zeit does that give us more money to address another need?

Also how do we know whit wants to come back? What if the pats offer him a 2 year deal? Can't imagine him wantin to pass that up. If we cut pacan and have enough for all 3 I still don't see the bengals wanting to get in a bidding for for zeit . We don't wanna pay top dollar .
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 04:44 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: For one I'm all for zeit over whit but keep hearing zeit is walking and that we value the T position more than  the guard.

If we go whit over zeit does that give us more money to address another need?

Also how do we know whit wants to come back? What if the pats offer him a 2 year deal? Can't imagine him wantin to pass that up. If we cut pacan and have enough for all 3 I still don't see the bengals wanting to get in a bidding for for zeit . We don't wanna pay top dollar .

You don't get it, man.  They aren't signing anyone of note.  Maybe a Jacob Bell or Travelle Wharton-type shitbag shell of a player.  That's what you should expect.  Well, that or nothing.  Doesn't matter how much money they have.  They have 11 picks in the 2017 draft, so any replacement for departing talent is probably coming from there or is already on the roster.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah I understand but if their plan is to retain all 3 and just assume zeit is too much , what do we do with that other chunk we were gonna offer him? I'm not expectin a superstar player , but what about a guy that can improve a position of need?
Reply/Quote
You'd think that even if they retain Whitworth and let Zeitler walk that they will sign a Guard to a 1-3 year deal as opposed to riding into the season with Westerman or a rookie starter.

The Bengals however will likely say they don't have the cap space to sign Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick...so they'll sign 2 of the 3 and say they are out of space. It's not like they will turn around and spend that money on someone else.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:25 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Yeah I understand but if their plan is to retain all 3 and just assume zeit is too much , what do we do with that other chunk we were gonna offer him?  I'm not expectin a superstar player , but what about a guy that can improve a position of need?

Everything I've read indicates that they'll let Zeitler walk as they can't afford all 3. They'll say that they don't have the cap space to re-sign all 3 and fill the rest of the roster.

In reality, they could cut some dead weight and free up some $10 million more in cap space.

We'll see. As you said NE could offer Whitworth a 1 year deal for $10 million in which case he probably leaves.

The Bengals planned to keep Marvin Jones and let Iloka walk last year...and changed course once Jones signed with the Lions.
Reply/Quote