Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Katie Blackburns moment in spotlight.
We see you Pumpkin.....

Keep doing what you do.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As much as I doubt Mike Brown's competence, I think Katie won the "born into a nearly ideal situation" sweepstakes.  What could be better than being born an American sole inheritor of 1 of 28 or so billion-dollar fool-proof businesses?  Yowza.

I'm just sayin'.

Its amazing though to see how many family owned businesses fall apart or tear the family apart by the 3rd generations.  That generation sees all of the rewards and none of the struggles.   I'm grateful that Katie has a head on her shoulders and plans for the future with the team.  We could be dealing with an ownership situation like New Orleans with the Benson Family.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree with the refs comment, but to be fair there have been extenuating circumstances in each playoff loss.  If the Bengals had won even a couple of those first round games, I think there would be a lot more support for the coaching staff.  Hopefully, once they get that first round monkey off their back they will go all the way.  At least that is what I see happening.  

Again, the PT record serves to enhance the PO failures when discussing Lewis. The Bengals turn into pumpkins under the big bright lights. Call it a "curse", "small city syndrome" whatever..facts are facts the team is different.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 07:08 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: All I heard was....business, business, corporation, carry on lineage....and football is fun. Not one word about doing whatever it takes to win a Super Bowl...not one. In fact she said the exact opposite of that. Long term "success" over a single year benefits. Uhhhh What!? If you are a few good players away from drastically increasing you chances of winning a Super Bowl...you go get those players! I certainly could stand a few down years if there were a few Lombardi Trophies in the case. This is a win now league....you can't be afraid to put all your chips in now and then. I like Katie, but this article has me a little worried. It sounds like Mikey boy 2.0. I hope not.

I agree with you.  The talk of long term success versus one year really stuck out to me as well.  She also said she is "hopeful" the team can get a playoff win.  No talk at all about a Super Bowl, just "a playoff win".  The talk about "taking a step back to focus on positives", it basically read like a Mike Brown interview.
Reply/Quote