Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we had beaten Miami in 2019...
in that wild overtime game would we have also lost Joe Franchise?

I don't remember if that win would have knocked us out of the #1 pick but I do remember that my wife and I went to visit our daughter in Cincy that day. When we got to her apartment I turned on the game and the Bengals were losing (can't remember the score) with something like 38 seconds to go. I assumed the game was over so we went to a restaurant in OTR and I saw that the game was on their TV. I was shocked that the game was still on and in OT. I was kind of excited hoping the Bengals would pull it out. Thank goodness they didn't because I think (and feel free to correct me here) we would have lost the #1 pick and as a result lost Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll always remember that as the Greatest Comeback in Bengals History That Nobody Actually Wanted
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: in that wild overtime game would we have also lost Joe Franchise?

I don't remember if that win would have knocked us out of the #1 pick but I do remember that my wife and I went to visit our daughter in Cincy that day. When we got to her apartment I turned on the game and the Bengals were losing (can't remember the score) with something like 38 seconds to go. I assumed the game was over so we went to a restaurant in OTR and I saw that the game was on their TV. I was shocked that the game was still on and in OT. I was kind of excited hoping the Bengals would pull it out. Thank goodness they didn't because I think (and feel free to correct me here) we would have lost the #1 pick and as a result lost Joe Burrow.

I believe the Bengals would have still had the 1st overall pick even with that win.
The win would have had them at 3-13, tied with WFT, but I believe Bengals "won" the tiebreaker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:23 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I’ll always remember that as the Greatest Comeback in Bengals History That Nobody Actually Wanted

It was nearly Andy’s final screwing of the franchise lol
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: in that wild overtime game would we have also lost Joe Franchise?

Yes be very happy that did not happen and we missed on Burrow but the better question would be what if we lost , missed out on Burrow and passed on Herbert (who is also off to one hell of a career also ) OMG where would we be then...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes be very happy that did not happen and we missed on Burrow but the better question would be what if we lost , missed out on Burrow and passed on Herbert (who is also off to one hell of a career also ) OMG where would we be then...

And we probably would have passed on Herbert. I don't recall him being very high on lists at that time although I may be wrong about that. We probably would have gone with Chase Young. Am I correct on that?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes be very happy that did not happen and we missed on Burrow but the better question would be what if we lost , missed out on Burrow and passed on Herbert (who is also off to one hell of a career also ) OMG where would we be then...

I doubt that would have happened.  The word was that they really liked Herbert throughout pre-draft workouts.  I can't see them having taken Tua, particularly when he was damaged goods, over him.  
Reply/Quote
You really love you some Herbert don't you? I can't wait till they play head to head. I gotta belive that game gets flexed...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: You really love you some Herbert don't you? I can't wait till they play head to head. I gotta belive that game gets flexed...

Who doesn't love Herbert? He's proven himself. Personally I'm glad we have Joe, though. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Who doesn't love Herbert? He's proven himself. Personally I'm glad we have Joe, though. 

I like him... I can't wait for Chargers vs Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:35 PM)Tony Wrote: You really love you some Herbert don't you? I can't wait till they play head to head. I gotta belive that game gets flexed...

I do like Herbert, I did in college  as I have liked other QBs outside of ours shocking that u only like Bengal players I'm not that shallow sorry.. 

I'm excited to see them go head to head also and I will be in the stands rooting for a win ... 
Reply/Quote