Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we had picked Sewell
I don't think it could of went better for us. Got the playmaker in Chase and got the upgrades on the OL with 3 taken.

Carman could end up being the best OL in the draft class, even better than Sewell. People were laughing when I said
this when we drafted him cause they knew nothing about Carman. But people are seeing now what I meant. The dude
is made for Guard, he is a mauler and a fantastic pass protector as a Guard cause he doesn't have to face speed rushers
coming off the edge.

Great things are to come from this draft class. Ossai will be fun to watch once he is healthy again. D'Ante Smith looked
like a stud in Preseason and Trey Hill already looks good if he can cut down on the penalties. Saw Hill had a couple false
starts against the Lions but he cleaned it up against the Ravens, good sign.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I got to wondering, so I looked up the draft order. Had we picked Sewell in the 1st round and taken a WR in the 2nd, instead of taking a WR in the first and O line in the 2nd. Instead of having Chase and Carman, if we went in the same order we would have Sewell and most likely Rondale Moore (Cardinals-1st WR taking in the 2nd after we would have picked at #5, also the 1st WR taken after Carman) I haven't watched Moore play, obviously he is no Ja'Marr Chase. And whether Sewell would be a better RG than Carman in debatable as well. Of course, there's nothing saying we would have gone WR in the 2nd, I just thought it was interesting to look at what if.

My blood just ran cold. 
Reply/Quote