Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If we lose to Josh Johnson
(12-26-2021, 01:00 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure Sled probably predicted us winning the division... That dude is uber positive, and optimistic.

My bad, I said have said few picked us to win the division.

But some act like now they did so losing it takes away having a shot in week 16.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengal offense better be ready to perform today
Josh Johnson will convert third downs with his legs today
Reply/Quote
There would be no excuse. I think I read they have like 15 defensive players. 3rd string QB with two weeks on the roster. Any given Sunday shouldn’t apply when you are playing against backup’s backups. Their backup QB is from Monmouth. Congrats to him btw as I believe that would be a $38,000 payday. If they win even a close game they need to question themselves.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just 6 weeks ago Johnson was 27-41, 317 yds, 3 tds, (103.4 rating) against the Colts.

Colts have a better pass defense than we do.

So if we lose we move on to next week.
Reply/Quote
Don't underestimate your enemy, JJ could do a whipping. Hope Zac reminds the team of what happened during the Jets game.

Let's go Bengals!! WHO-DEY!!!

PS. Pregrame on CBS dedicated half the show to us. Sweeeeeeeet!
Reply/Quote
This win today would be huge, but it comes down to the Browns game, whether they make the playoffs or not.
Reply/Quote
We should be able to win this with Allen starting under center. Losing this would be bad even by our pessimistic standards.
Reply/Quote
Which half does thebengals offense show up for today. Seems like they can’t play a complete game any more
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 02:28 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Which half does thebengals offense show up for today. Seems like they can’t play a complete game any more

Head Coach better have them ready to play hard for 60 minutes and no matter what they cannot underestimate Josh Johnson
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just 6 weeks ago Johnson was 27-41, 317 yds, 3 tds, (103.4 rating) against the Colts.

Colts have a better pass defense than we do.

So if we lose we move on to next week.

I hope the Bengals coaches were smart enough to share that with the team.

If this becomes the Jets game 2.0, I’m going to be crushed.

Especially w the Stains losing last night and the Stoolers probably losing to KC.
Reply/Quote
Another chance for Taylor to show what he's about. Does the offense come out and put pressure early and often on the Ravens D, stacking points? Does the defense come out and put pressure on JJ, playing tight coverage and mixing in a greater percentage of blitzes?

This is the scenario where the typical Bengals team has the gold ring in front of them but falls on their face reaching for it, playing soft and conservative in an attempt to squeak out a win. 

Same ole or new Bengals? 

I'll answer that in just under 4 hours. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Another chance for Taylor to show what he's about. Does the offense come out and put pressure early and often on the Ravens D, stacking points? Does the defense come out and put pressure on JJ, playing tight coverage and mixing in a greater percentage of blitzes?

This is the scenario where the typical Bengals team has the gold ring in front of them but falls on their face reaching for it, playing soft and conservative in an attempt to squeak out a win. 

Same ole or new Bengals? 

I'll answer that in just under 4 hours. 

Giving him more leash than I did, broken clock right twice a day!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Since it's an any given Sunday league, while it would be a huge letdown, it would not be a shock. Cleveland just went into Green Bay all hobbled with injury, Mayfield threw 4 picks, and they still almost beat the Packers. If Stefanskie would have committed to running the ball with Chubb, they would have won that game.

I mean yeah; he's not wrong.
Reply/Quote
My honest opinion is if ZT does not have this team ready to beat a 3rd string QB who doesn’t know the playbook and a team down 14 players with the division on the line, then all hope is lost and ZT should be fired.
Reply/Quote
If we lose, it will likely be OL related. Burrow yas been sacked more than any QB in the league (44 times). Coming off a year where he got hurt on a sack and upgrading the OL should have been priority #1. Well, it STILL is.
Reply/Quote
Well, the Bengals won it though Josh Johnson played really well.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:10 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Well, the Bengals won it though Josh Johnson played really well.

I mean it still holds true...John Johnson looked pretty damn good today....there's no reason he should've had a 300 yard game. 

Backup QBs are money
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: I mean it still holds true...John Johnson looked pretty damn good today....there's no reason he should've had a 300 yard game. 

Backup QBs are money

Johnson did not look good today because we were the opponent. He looked good because he played a whale of a game. Give the man credit.
Reply/Quote
Shaky D at times.

Burrow was brilliant. Higgins as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 06:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Johnson did not look good today because we were the opponent. He looked good because he played a whale of a game. Give the man credit.

don't read into it...i just like the joke that backup QBs are golden against us.  :)  He played great.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote