Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we're this close
(04-17-2024, 09:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Pretty much this. Our 2 biggest worry positions are CB and RT. Brown staying healthy? Plus we need to fill it long term. CB is important. Need competition.

I don't get CB at all.  I'm much more confident in the winner of a battle between a 1st round pick(Hill) and a 2nd round pick (Turner) than I am a battle between a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) and an UDFA(Irwin).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 05:48 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Shouldn't we move up in the 1st round and pickup someone like Marvin Harrison Jr., Odunze or Nabers?

Give up next year's first and this year's first.

Then trade our multiple draft picks for another 2nd rounder?

Are we all in this year or aren't we?

Being all in doesn't mean giving up the future draft to get a guy that MIGHT be a good player.

I would love to see them move up a few spots and finally get THEIR guy if they want an OT.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 11:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't get CB at all.  I'm much more confident in the winner of a battle between a 1st round pick(Hill) and a 2nd round pick (Turner) than I am a battle between a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) and an UDFA(Irwin).

I can certainly see your thoughts. But CB position is more important than third receiver don’t you think? Hill no experience there. Good corners tough to find and get.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 01:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I can certainly see your thoughts. But CB position is more important than third receiver don’t you think? Hill no experience there. Good corners tough to find and get.

Hill was playing CB as a rookie.  

The third WR is a starter in an 11 base offense.  Boyd has historically played just as much, if not more, than Hilton(75-80% of the snaps).

There's good CB's out on the street right now.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 11:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't get CB at all.  I'm much more confident in the winner of a battle between a 1st round pick(Hill) and a 2nd round pick (Turner) than I am a battle between a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) and an UDFA(Irwin).

(04-17-2024, 02:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hill was playing CB as a rookie.  

The third WR is a starter in an 11 base offense.  Boyd has historically played just as much, if not more, than Hilton(75-80% of the snaps).

Yes, would much rather bring in one of the Corners off the street after the Draft than draft another one early.

Draft a WR to replace Boyd at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:02 AM)Synric Wrote: I originally had this move in my Mock but just took Fautanu at #18 instead. The whole will be 29 in the 5th year of his rookie deal is tough. Love the player though.

I don't really see it as much of an issue.  People always want to draft guys for the next 10 years, but the reality is that getting a guy that makes it to his 5th year option is a good pick.  Give me five good years and I'm good.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/6qR_DOHd3rU

Rapine thinks they'll trade up in the middle rounds.  I might trade up in the 1st for Fashanu if he's available at like 15th.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 08:35 PM)EatonFan Wrote: https://youtu.be/6qR_DOHd3rU

Rapine thinks they'll trade up in the middle rounds.  I might trade up in the 1st for Fashanu if he's available at like 15th.

I have a feeling the Bengals will do at least two, maybe three, trades.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

We’ll see I’m hearing they are eyeing Arnold
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Boyd is the third receiver. Gesicki will be the third receiver but if Brian Thomas is there they may go there.

Reply/Quote