Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If we sign someone who do we cut?
With the team giving a few try outs, who's the most likely to get cut?

The 4 on the roster that I think are the most likely to get cut would be the following, but some of you might have some other candidates.

CB Chykie Brown
QB Jeff Driskel
CB KeiVarae Russell
TE C.J. Uzomah

Driskel and Russell would qualify for the practice squad and possibly Uzomah.

I'd expect Uzomah doesn't get cut unless we sign a TE or FB.

If we sign a kicker, which I doubt, Nugent would be the one to go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Driskel.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: With the team giving a few try outs, who's the most likely to get cut?

The 4 on the roster that I think are the most likely to get cut would be the following, but some of you might have some other candidates.

CB Chykie Brown
QB Jeff Driskel
CB KeiVarae Russell

TE C.J. Uzomah

Legitimately forgot the first two were on the roster, and honestly have no idea who the third is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No way they cut Uzomah. Nor should they.

I'd say Chykie Brown. I remember him looking pretty bad in the preseason.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Legitimately forgot the first two were on the roster, and honestly have no idea who the third is.

KeiVarae Russell was a 3rd round pick of the Chiefs in this year's draft. They cut him after game 1 for reasons I don't know. We claimed him off waivers.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:25 AM)BengalChris Wrote: KeiVarae Russell was a 3rd round pick of the Chiefs in this year's draft. They cut him after game 1 for reasons I don't know. We claimed him off waivers.

Thanks. I recall him that now that you mention it, but yeah, I had totally forgot. Probably forgot about him because he's never been active for a game so far this year.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Thanks. I recall him that now that you mention it, but yeah, I had totally forgot. Probably forgot about him because he's never been active for a game so far this year.

Yep, we wouldn't miss him. At least not on game day.

And we're looking at either Jackson or Peerman coming back at some point. Whenever that might be. There's Thompson as well, who's on the Pup.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:46 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep, we wouldn't miss him. At least not on game day.

And we're looking at either Jackson or Peerman coming back at some point. Whenever that might be. There's Thompson as well, who's on the Pup.

Admittedly haven't heard any updates about him, but are we 100% sure it won't be Billings? DT help wouldn't be terrible, and I don't think Thompson qualifies as "help".

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Admittedly haven't heard any updates about him, but are we 100% sure it won't be Billings? DT help wouldn't be terrible, and I don't think Thompson qualifies as "help".

LOL. We re-signed him during the off season even with the ACL injury. He's a big guy and those seem to take a little longer to heal than for little fellows.

Yeah, Billings is shelved until next year.

Reply/Quote
No way they cut CJ...he showed too much promise in his fill ins for Eifert...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:54 AM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL. We re-signed him during the off season even with the ACL injury. He's a big guy and those seem to take a little longer to heal than for little fellows.

Yeah, Billings is shelved until next year.

Billings didn't impress before he got hurt. I read in a few places that the coaches were disappointed with him. Maybe there was a reason he slid in the draft?
Reply/Quote
Sign a kicker. Cut Nugent.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Admittedly haven't heard any updates about him, but are we 100% sure it won't be Billings? DT help wouldn't be terrible, and I don't think Thompson qualifies as "help".

To be eligible to be brought back on IR recall they would have had to carried him on the initial 53 man roster.  Since he was placed on IR before that point in time he is not eligible for recall.
Reply/Quote
Get rid of an unnecessary QB in Jeff Driskel or a really bad corner in Chykie Brown...?

Hm... I'd get rid of both and sign Marcel Reese and Gilberry.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: With the team giving a few try outs, who's the most likely to get cut?

CB Chykie Brown
QB Jeff Driskel
CB KeiVarae Russell
TE C.J. Uzomah

Chykie Brown. Why would they cut Uzo?? He's played well this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Legitimately forgot the first two were on the roster, and honestly have no idea who the third is.

3rd is the 3rd rounder KC cut earlier this season.   possibly has talent but has to learn the playbook first.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 12:08 PM)Crowe Wrote: Chykie Brown. Why would they cut Uzo?? He's played well this season.

Uzo is turning into a nice blocking TE but drops a lot..   If they signed Marcel reese for FB and moved Hewitt to TE    they might be able to move Uz to PS.    but not sure that will happen.   Hewitt still plays FB for us well in his limited snaps this year so the only reason I can think of Reese is either for FB or goal line RB touches. or pass pro.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 09:57 AM)NKYRob Wrote: To be eligible to be brought back on IR recall they would have had to carried him on the initial 53 man roster.  Since he was placed on IR before that point in time he is not eligible for recall.

Correct I think only Jackson III and peerman are eligible to return
Reply/Quote
Even if Billings was eligible after rehabbing the knee, his legs aren't going to be strong enough until he gets in the weightroom and really starts lifting again...
Reply/Quote
Chykie and Driskel.

Russell has too much talent and Uzi isn't getting cut nor should he.
Reply/Quote