Poll: Who should the Bengals try to get back?
This poll is closed.
Perine
38.46%
25 38.46%
Bell
36.92%
24 36.92%
Hurst
24.62%
16 24.62%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If you can choose just 1
Which on of our lost FA's would you trade a late round pick for?

All should be available via trade given their team. Which player would help stabilize our team with their return?

Who would be key to a late season run?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 12:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which on of our lost FA's would you trade a late round pick for?

All should be available via trade given their team. Which player would help stabilize our team with their return?

Who would be key to a late season run?

Right now it’s Bell and it’s not even close, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 12:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Right now it’s Bell and it’s not even close, IMO.

This. We rarely use our TEs and having a good safety to pair with Dax is much more important and needed than a 3rd down pass blocking back.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Might be able to get Perine for nothing after last night's Broncos/Chiefs game.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 01:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This. We rarely use our TEs and having a good safety to pair with Dax is much more important and needed than a 3rd down pass blocking back.

Yep

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 12:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Right now it’s Bell and it’s not even close, IMO.

Nick Scott sucks...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
a proposed trade for Perine is all over twitter/x today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I actually went with Hurst. There's actually hope at S with Battle. At TE, who do folks reasonably believe can step up?
Reply/Quote
You aren't going to get Bell for a late round pick. Bell would have been expensive to resign as would have been Bates. So lets take Bell out of this trade for a late round batch of players.

We then have Hurst and Perine. I have to admit that I like how Hurst played a lot. He was a bigger TE than Bengals have used, not a WR at TE, but really a big TE. I liked how Hurst fought and was hard to tackle as Bob Trumpy use to be hard to tackle taking 2 or 3 players to bring Hurst down.

However I think we have TE's who can step up after the bye week and look better with a more healthy Burrow.

I don't like our depth at RB so far. Burrow yelling at the back-up to Think and get his head out of his rear end, showed on the field the problems with the back-up RB's. Bengals miss Perine greatly and the back-ups behind Mixon so far stink. There were times last year Perine looked better than Mixon.

So I could easily say I wish we had Hurst back, but I have to say Perine. We can take Bell out of the equation because he is far from being a player you could get on the cheap with a late round pick.

So it is Perine. Why ? Because Burrow having to yell at the back-up RB's to THINK and get their heads in the game tells me it is Perine. That, and the poor running game so far in 2023.

Do I think our D Coach can get the job done with the DB's he has, and I say YES.
Do I think our TE's can step up, and be good enough, and I think it's possible.
Do I see any sign of hope in the back-up RB's to Mixon, and that is a NO. The Bengals RB depth really stinks. So far, they look more Arena League or Semi Pro material. They haven't shown they belong in THE NFL. It could be the Bengals may have to bring in a F/A RB, because these guys just aren't getting the job done. Now maybe the Special Teams coach likes them, I don't know, but they stink at RB. Of all the many ex-college RB's wanting a job in The NFL, you would think the Bengals could find better than these bums behind Mixon this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Voted Bell.

Hurst comes into arguably the weakest position group on the team, and you can easily let go of Smith or Wilcox to make room for him.

Bell would probably be the most impactful though, but safety might be the best position group out of SAF, TE, and RB. Scott would have to be the one to go if they make this move though, obviously.

Perine I think offers the least value, but he's the cheapest contract to take on and you could get rid of Evans (or Williams) if you bring him back.
Perine hasn't been good as a blocker for DEN, so I'm not really thinking there's a big upgrade in that department if he's back.

If I could go back in time to the offseason knowing what I know now, I'd have kept Bell instead of signing Scott, and I would have drafted Mayer or LaPorta instead of Murphy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Perine and it's not even close.

Bell is too expensive and his replacement is already on the team (Battle).

Hurst is too expensive, although I'd love to have him back. I'm still not giving up on Irv Smith.

Perine is cheap, we literally have no RB2, and his 3rd down blocking/catching out of the backfield duties make him well worth it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 02:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Perine and it's not even close.

Hurst is too expensive, although I'd love to have him back. I'm still not giving up on Irv Smith.

Perine is cheap, we literally have no RB2, and his 3rd down blocking/catching out of the backfield duties make him well worth it.

Would love to have all three of them back, but thinking like the FO i only see Perine because of the contract. I said in another thread trade a late round 6/7 and one of Williams or Evans to open a spot for Perine. Mixon goes down we're screwed!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 02:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Perine and it's not even close.

With that logic, you could say perines replacement is already on the team (brown). Neither battle or brown have done enough to warrant giving this team a “late season run”. You think an RB2, who gets 30%ish snap count will be more valuable to the team over a safety playing 100% of the snaps?

FWIW, Perine is the 22nd highest paid RB in the NFL 3.75m, Bell is the 19th highest paid safety at 7m. Their contracts equally reflect their value. If anything Perine is expensive relative to what he is doing.
Reply/Quote
Hurst MR 1st down dude fought for every yard and made some big time plays for us.
Reply/Quote
Vonn Bell is injured. He's out this week with a quad injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Loved the intensity Hurst brought in every game but I feel RB is or biggest need, so I went with Perine.
Reply/Quote
I went with Hurst.

Though Perine is the most realistic because he is cheapest.

Too early to give up on Smith or S ott/Battle/Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 04:44 PM)Mer Wrote: Loved the intensity Hurst brought in every game but I feel RB is or biggest need, so I went with Perine.

No offense, but what would Perine really bring to boost the run game at this point?

He's not exactly an explosive player to create beyond what the OL is opening.

If you want to try boosting the run game, maybe try to give the other guys more snaps to give Mixon a bit of a breather.
They only have received 8 carries, which is less than 9% of the RB carries.
They are averaging 4.25 YPC among the backups in those 8 carries.
Mixon is averaging 3.9 YPC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bates easily

Now if we’re being realistic and talking one we may actually have a chance to get for like a 5th-7th then Bell easily

Bates is probably gonna be all pro this year he’s off the table
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 05:27 PM)Housh Wrote: Bates easily

Now if we’re being realistic and talking one we may actually have a chance to get for like a 5th-7th then Bell easily

Bates is probably gonna be all pro this year he’s off the table

He (bates) was never part of this poll.
Reply/Quote