Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you can make A BENGALS TEAM.
Simple really from any era if you could construct a Bengals Team with any former current Bengals player who would you put at what position and Do you think they could be the CURRENT SB Champs?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 05:33 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Simple really from any era if you could construct a Bengals Team with any former current Bengals player who would you put at what position and Do you think they could be the CURRENT SB Champs?

I will give a go for offense.....

Chad......Munoz...Steinbach....Braham....Montoya...Willie...Curtis......Green
..............................................Palmer..................................
........................................Johnson (Pete)...........................
..............................................Brooks..................

I am going in today's game and to be current SB champs...Palmer is the modern day prototypical QB....3 WR set...no TE....I was torn on Brooks over Dillon and/or Johnson over Dillon.... Single back set I take Holman at TE, Dillon in backfield and Chad and AJ at WR, I loved Isaac but those 2 are more modern era WRs

have fun...tear me apart
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 07:06 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I will give a go for offense.....

Chad......Munoz...Steinbach....Braham....Montoya...Willie...Curtis......Green
..............................................Palmer..................................
........................................Johnson (Pete)...........................
..............................................Brooks..................

I am going in today's game and to be current SB champs...Palmer is the modern day prototypical QB....3 WR set...no TE....I was torn on Brooks over Dillon and/or Johnson over Dillon.... Single back set I take Holman at TE, Dillon in backfield and Chad and AJ at WR, I loved Isaac but those 2 are more modern era WRs

have fun...tear me apart

Give me this exact list but put Corey Dillon in the backfield.  Money.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Give me this exact list but put Corey Dillon in the backfield.  Money.

I would like to think that ANY team's all time great roster would be able to win the Super Bowl.

I don't think there is any question that a Bengals team could win the Super Bowl with their all time team.

Just look at the WRs - Chad, TJ, Henry, Isaac Curtis, AJ Green, Carl Pickens, Darnay Scott.

Throw in the line - Munoz, Whitworth, Willie, Steinbach, Montoya, Rimington

The QBs in their primes - Anderson, Boomer, Carson

The defense would still be a little weak compared to the offense, but the secondary would be loaded:

Ken Riley, Ashely Ambrose, Eric Thomas, JJ, Hall

Safeties - Fulcher, Williams, Nelson

I worry a little about the linebackers and D-line but there is plenty there to win a title.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Give me this exact list but put Corey Dillon in the backfield.  Money.

I was thinking the same thing. CD and Brooks in the backfield. Schwiiiiiing

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'll shock most of you with this list, but I'm probably older than most of you as well. Even the backups I've selected could win a SB, I believe.

Offensive Starters
OL
Munoz, Steinbach, Braham, Montoya, Willie
WR
Joiner, Chad, Curtis (Sorry AJ, but these three guys were these three guys and you're not there yet)
TE
Bob Trumpy
FB
Icky Woods
RB
Corey Dillon, James Brooks
QB
Boomer Esiaison

Backups
OL
Whit, Williams, Bob Johnson, Zeitler, Smith
TE
Rodney Holman
WR
Green, Collinsworth, Eddie Brown
FB
Pete Johnson
RB
Paul Robinson, Jeremy Hill (Going to be a great one)
QB
Kenny Anderson

Special Teams
P Pat McInally
K Jim Breech

Defensive Starters
DL
Atkins, Mike Reid, Coy Bacon, Justin Smith
LB
Burfict, Francis, Jim LeClair
CB
Riley, Breeden, Parrish
S
Casanova, Fulcher

Backups
DL
Krumrie, Eddie Edwards, Dunlap, Wilkinson
LB
Reggie Williams, Simmons, Bergey
CB
Hall, Ambrose, O'Neal (No room for JJoe, but if I could add a 4th it would be him)
S
Nelson, Iloka (I know, but I really like how he's playing and I think his best ball is ahead of him)

Reply/Quote