Bengals
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could OWN:
The Cincinnati Reds
or
The Cincinnati Bengals

Which one would you choose to own? and the Reason why?
Reply/Quote
Hands down the Bengals, because I would love to be in the golf cart on the practice field everyday and do whatever I could to make the team better. The Reds? I quit caring about them after the Big Red Machine left.
Reply/Quote
Bengals just because baseball's boring and the seasons are way too long.
Reply/Quote
Bengals because the franchise at this point is worth more than the Reds.  Also with the income I could afford to have the best seats in the house for any Reds game.  As a NFL owner through my connections I could probably hang out with the Reds team and players any time I wanted too anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Baseball is a cure for insomnia.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals, because after my era of dominance ended the fans could brag forever about "12 rings". Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 03:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals, because after my era of dominance ended the fans could brag forever about "12 rings".  Ninja

But after that era is over having other fans say,  "Stop living in the past. The last time you won your 12th ring was like 87 years ago. Only the Steelers have a longer Championship drought. They have not won one since 2008."    Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Easy Bengals because of the Cap and Revenue sharing. Also I have a lot of Ideas that could make the Bengals a revolutionary franchise.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If I had tons of money to run either franchise as I pleased, I would want to own the Reds.

As things are now though I choose the Bengals. Revenue sharing and salary cap/floor means I actually have a chance at putting a winning team out there regularly. Until MLB decides to do something about payroll disparity, there's no real competitive balance there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Considering this is a Bengals Message Board, these results are not surprising.
Reply/Quote
Part of me wants to say Reds because there isn't much better than going to a baseball game in the summer.
Plus, they're already pretty much at the bottom now so only place to go is up haha.
But on the flip side, you have to deal with fully guaranteed contracts, draft picks take forever to get to the Majors and rarely even get there, and you gotta compete with the likes of the Yankees and Dodgers payroll since there's no cap.
So I could also lean toward Bengals since NFL seems to be easier to be competitive and the draft seems to have a better payoff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 05:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Considering this is a Bengals Message Board, these results are not surprising.

LOL that summarizes what i was going to post
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are worth a lot more, so if you are asking do I want $2 billion or $1 billion, I'd pick $2 billion.   But, I think I could do more with the Reds.  I've always thought they were a very mis-managed license to print money.  I'd love the chance to prove it, so I voted Reds.

Besides, my screen name kind of requires me to pick the Reds.  Cheers
Reply/Quote
I voted Reds....

Reasons
1. More games to go to.
2. I still think Cincinnati is a baseball town at heart and winning in this day and age would be insane!
3. Favorite sport growing up was baseball.
4. More opportunities for trades and build the team how you want not handicapped by the salary cap and draft picks.

Among other reasons I'm sure.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Reds even though I am a way bigger Bengals fan and never even go to a Reds message board.

Yet my beloved Bengals are already in such capable hands with Katie Blackburn at the helm and their future is brighter than a quasar. Have already embarked on this train ride she has us on and just want to sit back and enjoy every bit of this ride.

However the Reds need help desperately. The Reds have a lot of great minor league players coming up presently, yet we all know they will not keep them together as we've seen so many times before. It's so frustrating.

Would be awesome seeing them both good again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 05:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yet my beloved Bengals are already in such capable hands with Katie Blackburn at the helm and their future is brighter than a quasar.  Have already embarked on this train ride she has us on and just want to sit back and enjoy every bit of this ride.

Emeritus alt account confirmed.  j/k   Tongue Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I’m not a Reds fan so Bengals all the way but I would take them over my Angels, too.
Bengals would be the one “billionaire” thing I would want to own more than anything so that’s an easy one for me to answer.
Reply/Quote
Lost interest in the Reds, and the NFL is a guaranteed money maker.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'd pick the Bengals for several reasons.

One of the biggest being the salary cap. It makes sure all the teams can be competitive, while in baseball it is a total mess with one team having the salary of five other teams combined.

Another being that football is just doing better than baseball in pretty much every way and is more enjoyable to watch.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If they made MLB where it wasn't dominated by 5 or 6 teams and there's no way to beat them, Reds. Right now Bengals.
Reply/Quote