Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could choose just one win
Steelers

Need to stay focused on what is in front of us right now.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 12:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Steelers

Need to stay focused on what is in front of us right now.

I'm going to be in the minority and say the Chiefs.

Unless we also tie sometime this year, AFCN record is worthless against the Steelers and Browns.  If either team wins as many games as us, they win the tiebreaker due to having a tie instead of a loss.  We also have a big inside track on the Ravens for both head to head and the AFCN record tiebreakers.

A win in Arrowhead would completely kill the "can't win in primetime" narrative.  If the Bengals and Chiefs continue on their current pace, a head to head win could be the difference between a first round bye or another trip to KC in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm torn. Beating the Chiefs in Prime-Time would announce the Bengals as "for real" on the national stage.

It'd also help with the Prime-Time monkey Marv has on his back.

That said, I can't pass on moving to 5-1 and knocking the Steelers down to 2-3-1. Especially after Tomlin's recent remark about how "the cream rises".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How bout both.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 02:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm going to be in the minority and say the Chiefs.

Unless we also tie sometime this year, AFCN record is worthless against the Steelers and Browns.  If either team wins as many games as us, they win the tiebreaker due to having a tie instead of a loss.  

And that's why we need to be providing the Steelers with a loss early on.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Stoolers./. All Day long.. If we get whooped by the Chiefs, we can exact our revenge in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 03:17 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Stoolers./. All Day long..  If we get whooped by the Chiefs, we can exact our revenge in the playoffs

Good point. Reps for you.
Reply/Quote
If we can outpace Pittsburgh's explosive offense, it'll give me hope that we can do the same to KC.

But, as to the OP? Definitely take beating Pittsburgh over the Chiefs. Would give us a 2.5 game lead on them, as far as the division goes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm torn. Beating the Chiefs in Prime-Time would announce the Bengals as "for real" on the national stage.

It'd also help with the Prime-Time monkey Marv has on his back.

That said, I can't pass on moving to 5-1 and knocking the Steelers down to 2-3-1. Especially after Tomlin's recent remark about how "the cream rises".

Agree about the prime time monkey but an even bigger monkey is the total dominance the Steelers have held over the ML lead Bengals in PBS.

What does Marvin have two, three, wins at home against them in what 17 tries or something ? 

Have to exorcise that demon to move on with any confidence.

Steelers
Reply/Quote
I have no faith in my Team this year at all. They look pitiful. The Bengals are for real this year as my Pack is heading for 8-8 fast.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2018, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree about the prime time monkey but an even bigger monkey is the total dominance the Steelers have held over the ML lead Bengals in PBS.

What does Marvin have two, three, wins at home against them in what 17 tries or something ? 

Have to exorcise that demon to move on with any confidence.

Steelers

Point taken. You're right, the Steelers monkey is every bit as big as the prime-time monkey.

Throw in the 13 win monkey and the playoff bye monkey, and I'd say ol' Merv has so many monkeys he could start a zoo.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just win baby. Obviously division games are highly important but so are prime time games to prove to everyone including themselves that this isn't the same ole bengals.

With that said if we can take 1 of the next 2, i'll take it.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 10:40 PM)BengalRed Wrote: between the Steelers this Sunday or the Chefs next Sunday which would you choose? I would choose the Steelers. We have to stop losing to those punks. Also no one expects us to beat the Chefs, especially on their home field. That would be no surprise. I would hate to get blown out by them however.

Despite my huge bias against pitt, the only logical answer is pitt.  Division foe, chance to end them.  Then go for the two seed over New England if KC never comes back to earth....but I have a feeling they will tonight. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 12:20 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I have no faith in my Team this year at all. They look pitiful. The Bengals are for real this year as my Pack is heading for 8-8 fast.

It isn't like anyone is running away with their division.  A record of 9-7 might win the NFC North, and no one wants to play Rogers in the playoffs.  

It isn't so much how your team is playing now, or KC would have won the Super Bowl last year.  It is how you play down the stretch and heading in to the post season.  

That is why I am so optimistic of this Bengal squad.  They have only played their best for one half of one game on all three phases.  
Reply/Quote