Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most?
White
Williams
Taylor

At the top of my NOT INTERESTED LIST would be Murray - let someone else take the head case. I wouldn't even take him if he fell to us in the 2nd round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 01:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would say DT is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL.

On defense, it is the hardest. And that is because of the speed differential - specifically how quickly a play develops in the pros.

The reaction time in the first line of defense is nonexistent. The second and third lines can recover from a false step, but a DT gets washed up and ridden out of a play with a false step.

The DTs who do project well to pros are the penetrating one gappers with quick first steps. And 300lb men with quick first steps don't come around often.

DTs with power based games are always a gamble. This is where college competition can't serve as a gauge, when the 21 year old has to face grown men in NFL who can match or exceed his power.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 11:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: On defense, it is the hardest. And that is because of the speed differential - specifically how quickly a play develops in the pros.

The reaction time in the first line of defense is nonexistent. The second and third lines can recover from a false step, but a DT gets washed up and ridden out of a play with a false step.

The DTs who do project well to pros are the penetrating one gappers with quick first steps. And 300lb men with quick first steps don't come around often.

DTs with power based games are always a gamble. This is where college competition can't serve as a gauge, when the 21 year old has to face grown men in NFL who can match or exceed his power.

Nice post, this is why i like Wilkins so much, he has that quick first step..
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post, this is why i like Wilkins so much, he has that quick first step..

Nate, where is Wilkins slotted to go? I also hear about Oliver, being in the Geno, Donald mold.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 02:28 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, where is Wilkins slotted to go? I also hear about Oliver, being in the Geno, Donald mold.

Well, the Draft is so crazy it is very hard to tell, most are saying middle of the 1st for Wilkins to early 2nd. But i actually have him going to us at 11 if both White and Hockenson are gone. Oliver is a lot like Donald and Geno, see him going around the 5th pick or so.

I am thinking that Taylor will want a playmaker at 11 before going after a LB'er and a RT. Wilkins has the quick step and he is a great pass rusher to back up Geno and play on passing downs. He does everything well and is also a good run stopper and a stand up individual who works his ass off. I cannot think of a more solid first round pick honestly.

Hochenson should definately be on our thoughts if he makes it to us. We have to act like Eifert isn't even on the roster being as he is injured so much. We need another TE and Hoch is as talented as they come. Freak athlete who is a great blocker and pass catcher, reminds me of Travis Kelce but more of a freak and a better blocker.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, the Draft is so crazy it is very hard to tell, most are saying middle of the 1st for Wilkins to early 2nd. But i actually have him going to us at 11 if both White and Hockenson are gone. Oliver is a lot like Donald and Geno, see him going around the 5th pick or so.

I am thinking that Taylor will want a playmaker at 11 before going after a LB'er and a RT. Wilkins has the quick step and he is a great pass rusher to back up Geno and play on passing downs. He does everything well and is also a good run stopper and a stand up individual who works his ass off. I cannot think of a more solid first round pick honestly.

Hochenson should definately be on our thoughts if he makes it to us. We have to act like Eifert isn't even on the roster being as he is injured so much. We need another TE and Hoch is as talented as they come. Freak athlete who is a great blocker and pass catcher, reminds me of Travis Kelce but more of a freak and a better blocker.

Thank you. I follow your logic.

It will be interesting to see what Bengals do with the first two picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, the Draft is so crazy it is very hard to tell, most are saying middle of the 1st for Wilkins to early 2nd. But i actually have him going to us at 11 if both White and Hockenson are gone. Oliver is a lot like Donald and Geno, see him going around the 5th pick or so.

I'm really warming up to Hockenson. I'm definitely pulling for Eifert, but I'd still be down with the pick. Best case scenario, you've got two stud TEs out there, while if Eifert does get hurt again you're not completely up a creek. Even if Eifert returns to form, with Hockenson on a rookie deal you can just keep both around over the next few years.

I know this is a good draft for TEs... where are the other guys expected to go? Any chance one slips to us in the second?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 03:00 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Thank you. I follow your logic.

It will be interesting to see what Bengals do with the first two picks.

If qbs gone = devins if you -devins that =Williams and Oliver. 

People its simple math
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 04:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm really warming up to Hockenson. I'm definitely pulling for Eifert, but I'd still be down with the pick. Best case scenario, you've got two stud TEs out there, while if Eifert does get hurt again you're not completely up a creek. Even if Eifert returns to form, with Hockenson on a rookie deal you can just keep both around over the next few years.

I know this is a good draft for TEs... where are the other guys expected to go? Any chance one slips to us in the second?

Yeah, Hoch is extremely talented. He would even help the O-line, QB and RB with his blocking.

Hoch's teammate Noah Fant could fall to us in the 2nd and he is a great pass catcher, not near the blocker that Hoch is though.

It is a very deep draft for TE's a couple i like in the mid rounds are Drew Sample and Zach Gentry.
Reply/Quote
Jawaan Taylor - easy answer
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 04:42 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm really warming up to Hockenson. I'm definitely pulling for Eifert, but I'd still be down with the pick. Best case scenario, you've got two stud TEs out there, while if Eifert does get hurt again you're not completely up a creek. Even if Eifert returns to form, with Hockenson on a rookie deal you can just keep both around over the next few years.

Hockenson should be there at 11 and I am sure some people's heads would explode if we selected him but I would have no issue with it. He is going to be a special player and a game changer. Athletically he is more gifted than Kelce.
Reply/Quote
Bosa
Quinnen Williams
Jonah Williams
Josh Allen

In that order
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Bosa
Quinnen Williams
Jonah Williams
Josh Allen

In that order

You are that high on Jonah eh Wolf?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are that high on Jonah eh Wolf?

I don't think I've been high it quite some time ? Little drunk yes
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are that high on Jonah eh Wolf?

Overall? Kind of

He's an immediate upgrade at RT and arguably the best lineman in this draft. I have him at #10 on my big board.

I do have Allen higher than Jonah, but I think Jonah offers us a lineman that could excel at RT and, worst case scenario, move him to inside.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 08:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Overall? Kind of

He's an immediate upgrade at RT and arguably the best lineman in this draft. I have him at #10 on my big board.

I do have Allen higher than Jonah, but I think Jonah offers us a lineman that could excel at RT and, worst case scenario, move him to inside.

I have really similar grades for Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner. I would be very happy with either one in stripes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 08:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think I've been high it quite some time ? Little drunk yes

You're doing it wrong. The two go hand in hand.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 09:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I have really similar grades for Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner. I would be very happy with either one in stripes.

I would be extremely happy with Risner in the 2nd round, but I have a feeling he creeps into the 1st

Reply/Quote
Unrealistic? Bosa.

Realistic? Devin White.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Devin White, Jonah Williams, or Quinnen Williams.
I get McGlinchey vibes from Jonah Williams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote