Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could only listen to one song your entire life what would it be?
My choice of song music would be something classical. I don't listen to classical music often but if I'm forced to listen one thing over and over for the rest of my life I believe that would be my choice. Even the best songs get old.

On a related note, I heard a story a couple months ago about a boy who was in a coma for 20 yrs. he came out of it and is married and lives a productive normal life now. But while he was comatose he was in a nursing home where they played the same episode of Barney over and over, every day for the duration of his coma. He said he could hear it ( and everything else ). Could you imagine listening to the Barney theme song like that?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure but it would definitely be instrumental and probably pretty long (10+ minutes).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rush - Cygnus-X1 BookII:Hemispheres
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 07:32 AM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Rush - Cygnus-X1 BookII:Hemispheres

Hell yea dude! Rush rules

I prefer the original on farewell to kings because of that killer intro

Gives me major goosebumps er sumptin
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:29 PM)livebythe10 Wrote: Very touching song.

I lost my mom to cancer this last month. Just heard the song last week and I had to turn it so I wouldn't start crying like a baby.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Cancer is a *****.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:50 AM)Chipperson Wrote: Hell yea dude! Rush rules

I prefer the original on farewell to kings because of that killer intro

Gives me major goosebumps er sumptin

Saw a pretty good Rush documentary on either Netflix or Amazon Prime recently.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: My choice of song music would be something classical. I don't listen to classical music often but if I'm forced to listen one thing over and over for the rest of my life I believe that would be my choice. Even the best songs get old.

On a related note, I heard a story a couple months ago about a boy who was in a coma for 20 yrs. he came out of it and is married and lives a productive normal life now. But while he was comatose he was in a nursing home where they played the same episode of Barney over and over, every day for the duration of his coma. He said he could hear it ( and everything else ). Could you imagine listening to the Barney theme song like that?

Beethoven's 9th perhaps?
Reply/Quote
I can't choose, this is just a ridiculously difficult question for me. Do I pick something from Wagner? Do I go with one of my favorite folk/roots songs? Maybe a Beatles song. Maybe even Tubthumper, just because.

Yeah, I can't choose just one. I'd die before I'd ever be able to select one and would end up listening to none.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
This is actually a lot easier than I originally thought it would be to answer.

Sleep - Dopesmoker

I mean, why not pick a song that's an hour long?
Reply/Quote