Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you force your kids to root for the Bengals you suck
(11-07-2017, 04:02 AM)Housh Wrote: I work with kids for a living and this morning I had a whole house of Bengals fans tell me that the Bengals shouldn’t even be a team anymore

Bro these kids are age 12-18. THE FAILURE IS INFECTING THEM AS WELL. When I have kids of my own I’m going to think Long and hard about if I want to waste their lives like mine has been wasted watching the Bengals for almost 2 decades

This thread is a joke, but kinda not.......keep it lighthearted tho cause that’s my tone right now

By not forcing them to root for the Bengals you're depriving them of the chance to see 3 seasons with a playoff win by the time they are 60. Think of all the joy!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals stink but would not trade all the days at stadium with my father and family for anything.

Even let the boy bandwagon and root for Cowboys in 90's.

But finally he basks in the Bengals misery right along with me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My kid came to me a few years ago and proclaimed himself a Bengals fan.
I pleaded with him not to make the same mistakes in life that I did...that it's a dead end, a life full of frustration and regret. He wouldn't listen. He even defiantly wore a Dalton jersey to the intervention.

I still lay awake at night and sob....why couldn't he just knock over convenience stores or steal cars like the other kids....sniff...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:05 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Lol, did you have this conversation in the 90's? The Bengals have one of the best records over the last 7-8  years.

you need your head checked
Reply/Quote
I'm going to let my baby boy grow up choosing his own team.  I cannot force feed him this stinkin' pile of garbage we call the Bungles. Hopefully he'll choose wisely and pick a winning team......except the steAlers.  He CANNOT become a steAlers fan.  Any other team, well maybe not the Browns or the Ratbirds either. Oh and not the cheatin' Patriotseither.   But seriously, any other team he can choose to like.  Vikings, Cardinals, Saints, Chiefs, Raiders, Jaguars, Falcons, etc.  If he's going to follow in his father's footsteps, he will probably choose the Cardinals because that's the local high school's mascot.  Just as my local high school's mascot was the Tigers when I was growing up.  I just naturally followed the black and orange.  So hopefully, my boy will do the same and follow the Cardinals to his pro team. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm going to let my baby boy grow up choosing his own team.  I cannot force feed him this stinkin' pile of garbage we call the Bungles. Hopefully he'll choose wisely and pick a winning team......except the steAlers.  He CANNOT become a steAlers fan.  Any other team, well maybe not the Browns or the Ratbirds either. Oh and not the cheatin' Patriotseither.   But seriously, any other team he can choose to like.  Vikings, Cardinals, Saints, Chiefs, Raiders, Jaguars, Falcons, etc.  If he's going to follow in his father's footsteps, he will probably choose the Cardinals because that's the local high school's mascot.  Just as my local high school's mascot was the Tigers when I was growing up.  I just naturally followed the black and orange.  So hopefully, my boy will do the same and follow the Cardinals to his pro team. 

I'm in the same boat. I tried to get my son to root for the Bengals, but I don't want to force this ridiculous team on him. I gave him a helmet set to play. I figure he'll make his choice off that. I have emphasized that the Steelers are the BAD team and he shouldn't pick them. I've tried to knock out the other North teams, but he likes the Browns helmet for some reason. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm in the same boat. I tried to get my son to root for the Bengals, but I don't want to force this ridiculous team on him. I gave him a helmet set to play. I figure he'll make his choice off that. I have emphasized that the Steelers are the BAD team and he shouldn't pick them. I've tried to knock out the other North teams, but he likes the Browns helmet for some reason

Poor kid.  Y'all must be gluttons for punishment! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 11:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Poor kid.  Y'all must be gluttons for punishment! LMAO

Well I like to walk around San Francisco in assless chaps wearing a shirt that says, "No lube needed."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote