Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you guys expected undefeated sorry
But now the REAL season can start. This team operates best as underdogs. So we shoudl all want the media to pile on and lose faith in us. Embrace the people who hopped off the bandwagon. We lost to a team who was desperate and treated this game like their superbowl. These losses simply just happen. I mean cmon the Cavs just lost to the shitty Jazz last week.

The AFC goes through Cincy and New England this year and the regular season will finish like that. I actually had this as a lose when we were like 6-0. While it sucks being right on this one i also only have us losing one more game all season against PITT and if that happens we still are 14-2 and easily get a bye.

So cheer up, every dog gets its day. Funny thing is the Texans divison sucks so bad they are winning it right now. I dont think a team winning a division at 3-5 has any thing to say to a team whose 8-1.
Reply/Quote
The media has piled on us and we've been underdogs for 13 years under marvin and the narrative hasn't changed. We keep saying year after year that it's changed. It hasnt. It's a recurring pattern. Marvin fails to get his teams up for match ups on the biggest stage. Yeah we beat the browns on thursday night so what. Doesn't matter when you lose the next one and play as poorly as they did. Same story different year.
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We weren't going 16-0 right, but a championship team doesn't suffer losses like last night. At home, to a bad team. Unable to score a td with this supposed deep roster. If we loss a competitive game, okay, but the offensive ("big play", "deep", "can't cover all the weapons") showing should cause concern this late in the season. This is when we should be playing good football after working the early season kinks out the first 8 games. The ugly truth is they've struggled 2 out of the last 3 games, and that's note worthy this late in the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nobody expected an undefeated season. It's just that our first loss came at the hands of our offense looking like their big stage selves.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nobody expected an undefeated season. It's just that our first loss came at the hands of our offense looking like their big stage selves.

This and the team we played IS relevant to this discussion. Add to that we didn't show up AT HOME?

There is a reason we are getting bashed. 

Play a great game and come up short? ALL GOOD. THAT kind of loss would have been just fine by me.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly, a decent number of people around here predicted our prime-time issues to continue (after the TB preseason game) and were told to shut up or to go root for another team, or they were reminded that pre-season doesn't count, or something to that effect. The sad thing is that there was a vibe around here after the first half and when TJ Yates came in that we were going to lose.

Sure, we were trying to sound like we were joking when we said "NOT TJ YATES!!! WE"RE DONE FOR!" but there was a feeling of dread. Welp, on to next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:16 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nobody expected an undefeated season. It's just that our first loss came at the hands of our offense looking like their big stage selves.

Exactly.  The number two offense does not come out with a completely anemic showing to a team that is 3-5.  There is no way I expected 16-0, but I really thought this team had moved past the types of performances that we saw last night.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:00 PM)Housh Wrote: So cheer up, every dog gets its day. Funny thing is the Texans divison sucks so bad they are winning it right now. I dont think a team winning a division at 3-5 has any thing to say to a team whose 8-1.

No, apart from "we came into your house and knocked you on your ass on MNF," they probably don't have much to say.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If AJ doesn't fumble we probably win the game. Everyone is going to concentrate on the negative from last night but the reality is the Old Andy would have thrown multiple picks and we would not even have had a chance to win like we did last night. This team is good enough to win a championship(have been for years) but they still have to do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 12:04 PM)BernLock Wrote: The media has piled on us and we've been underdogs for 13 years under marvin and the narrative hasn't changed.

This just is not true at all.  In fact a large portion of the "experts" in the media picked us to beat the Colts in the playoffs even though we were decimated by injuries.

Lots of memebers of the media have been giving us love this year.

In fact, by far most of the hate I see directed at the bengals comes from theri own fans.

(11-17-2015, 12:04 PM)BernLock Wrote:  Same story different year.

8-1 is not the same story.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true at all.  In fact a large portion of the "experts" in the media picked us to beat the Colts in the playoffs even though we were decimated by injuries.

Lots of memebers of the media have been giving us love this year.

In fact, by far most of the hate I see directed at the bengals comes from theri own fans.

8-1 is not the same story.

I agree. This time last year we had already been man handled by NE, Indy and Cleveland and those games were blow outs. Monday night was hardly very close cause the defense played so well. The offense mis-fired several times.

The only thing this defense isn't doing is producing points of its own. Other than that it's doing exactly what you want a defense to do.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 07:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree. This time last year we had already been man handled by NE, Indy and Cleveland and those games were blow outs. Monday night was hardly very close cause the defense played so well. The offense mis-fired several times.

The only thing this defense isn't doing is producing points of its own. Other than that it's doing exactly what you want a defense to do.

A defense that allows an average of only 17 PPG (such as ours) is going to give you a lot of opportunities to win games.  
Reply/Quote