Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lance Zierlein's ranked positional groups in 2019 draft class
According to Lance Zierlein, who does a lot of the draft profiles on NFL.com, here is his list of strongest to weakest positional groups in the 2019 NFL draft:
1) DT
2) Edge
3) OG/C
4) OT
5) TE
6) WR
7) Safety
8) QB
9) RB
10) CB
11) LB

Explanations of each can be found in link below.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024108/article/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-position-groups-strongest-to-weakest

Lance's explanation for why LB is last is something I have agreed with since I started looking into LBs last year. The quality pretty much falls off after White, Bush, and Wilson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Which is why I hope we take LB in Rd 1. I also think we might take one on day 3. There are a couple of intriguing projects I think.
Reply/Quote
I know we don't 'need' a safety but there are some good ones this year. The board I follow has 8 of them in the top 100.
Reply/Quote
I have said tier 1 is White, Bush, Wilson. I think you bite the bullet and take one at 11 (yes even Wilson) and make sure you get one of the top guys. I like that this goes with what I have been saying as well with things like DT and OT. Lots of quality at those positions and fall offs from top of one range to the bottom seem to be negligible.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 12:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have said tier 1 is White, Bush, Wilson. I think you bite the bullet and take one at 11 (yes even Wilson) and make sure you get one of the top guys. I like that this goes with what I have been saying as well with things like DT and OT. Lots of quality at those positions and fall offs from top of one range to the bottom seem to be negligible.

I wouldn't go 11 for Wilson, but I'd look to trade back from 11 or up from 42 to get him.
I'd consider the same for Risner for OL.

I actually don't really like a lot of the third round prospects this year, so I'd be fine trading up from 42 and include the 3rd rounder to get back into the mid 20's.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't go 11 for Wilson, but I'd look to trade back from 11 or up from 42 to get him.
I'd consider the same for Risner for OL.

I actually don't really like a lot of the third round prospects this year, so I'd be fine trading up from 42 and include the 3rd rounder to get back into the mid 20's.

Problem is once you get into the late teens there is a lot of need at inside linebackers so any move back would have to be a short drop back. If you get into the 20's you really risk missing all three. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 01:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Problem is once you get into the late teens there is a lot of need at inside linebackers so any move back would have to be a short drop back. If you get into the 20's you really risk missing all three. 

That would suck!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 12:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I know we don't 'need' a safety but there are some good ones this year.  The board I follow has 8 of them in the top 100.

I really like the kid from here in Washington, Taylor Rapp.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to note, in Mel Kiper's 3.0 he has 4 tackles going in the first round and us taking Bush. That means when Friday opens Risner, McGary and Little are all still on the board. I'd feel really good about things if that went down that way. I really think when can get a top LB in the 1st and a solid tackle in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
It always seems like off the ball linebackers are near the bottom of these lists every year. I think it's probably one of the harder position groups to scout because so much depends on how the player develops between the ears.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 02:51 PM)Synric Wrote: It always seems like off the ball linebackers are near the bottom of these lists every year. I think it's probably one of the harder position groups to scout because so much depends on how the player develops between the ears.

I mean it's not a flash position and it doesn't seem like we are producing a lot of great ones recently. Honestly I'm not sure people can name more than 5 really good middle linebackers which seems to be so counter intuitive to the position just a few years ago. The last couple drafts have yielded some good ones though so it could have just been a cyclical thing. 
Reply/Quote
LB is underrated I think you could draft a guy Like Germain Pratt from NC State, Terrill Hanks from New Mexico ST, or Ulysses Gilbert from Akron in the 2nd threw 4th Rds. Also might be good to look into Derron Lee from the Jets maybe a for a 5th Rd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2019, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: According to Lance Zierlein, who does a lot of the draft profiles on NFL.com, here is his list of strongest to weakest positional groups in the 2019 NFL draft:
1) DT
2) Edge
3) OG/C
4) OT
5) TE
6) WR
7) Safety
8) QB
9) RB
10) CB
11) LB

Explanations of each can be found in link below.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024108/article/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-position-groups-strongest-to-weakest

Lance's explanation for why LB is last is something I have agreed with since I started looking into LBs last year. The quality pretty much falls off after White, Bush, and Wilson.

it plummets after those 3

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote