Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you're A.J. Green.....
Would you just opt to sit the rest of year? Impending free agency and coming off an injury.

Would you really risk it to play out "a contract year" for arguably the worst team in the league?
Reply/Quote
He’s a class act, who loves the game, and wants to help, and be out there with his teammates. I expect to see him soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a class act, who loves the game, and wants to help, and be out there with his teammates. I expect to see him soon.

I'm thinking 2 weeks.  I think it was Laconfora who stated that he would be fully practicing very soon.  As he has no training camp, I could see them holding him out one week for additional conditioning and safety.

As to the OP, Green stated this week that he wants to stay here, and he already has enough money...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 05:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s a class act, who loves the game, and wants to help, and be out there with his teammates. I expect to see him soon.

How can anyone who loves the game want to spend his whole career with such a lazy franchise ?
Reply/Quote
If I am AJ as soon I my ankle is good I break Ross' 40 record out of town.
Reply/Quote
If I'm AJ, I'd be looking to star in the next Friday movie.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How can anyone who loves the game want to spend his whole career with such a lazy franchise ?

This has been covered over and over. He looks up to Larry Fitzgerald, and wants to have a similar career.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has been covered over and over. He looks up to Larry Fitzgerald, and wants to have a similar career.

The Cardinals have tried a lot harder to win than we have. They actually make trades and hire GMs and so on.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Cardinals have tried a lot harder to win than we have. They actually make trades and hire GMs and so on.

And yet they have the same amount of Lombardi trophies as us...

They’re not a well run franchise.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And yet they have the same amount of Lombardi trophies as us...

They’re not a well run franchise.

Yea trying is for losers.  Go Mike Brown's wallet!

I still think a player who loves the game wouldn't be fond of Mike Brown's me-first approach to it. 
Reply/Quote
If I were in AJ Green’s shoes I would walk into Mike Brown’s office and demand more say in the team’s management process. I would demand a better offensive line and get in his face about the need to be surrounded by winners. It worked for Carson Palmer; he was out of Cincinnati the next week.
Reply/Quote
Anyway, I think it’s pretty silly to question a player’s love for the game, when he’s never given any reason to do so.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, I think it’s pretty silly to question a player’s love for the game, when he’s never given any reason to do so.

I dont doubt his love for it, I just don't see why he'd want to spend his career for an organization that doesnt seem to give a rats arse about it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yea trying is for losers.  Go Mike Brown's wallet!

I still think a player who loves the game wouldn't be fond of Mike Brown's me-first approach to it. 

They’ve won their division a grand total of 3 times this century...

Whatever they’re trying isn’t working very well.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ve won their division a grand total of 3 times this century...

Whatever they’re trying isn’t working very well.

And yet they try. The fools. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I dont doubt his love for it, I just don't see why he'd want to spend his career for an organization that doesnt seem to give a rats arse about it. 

They drafted him. They’ve paid him well. He’s enjoyed a lot of personal success in the league here. His family has had a stable home for almost a decade, etc.

I’m sure he’d love to win some playoff games, and even a SB, but there’s other things that can be important to people.

Reply/Quote
If Im AJ Green I just keep playing the game. He's not exactly had a ton of gametime in the past year... why not come out and prove to every GM in the league that you've still got it.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They drafted him. They’ve paid him well. He’s enjoyed a lot of personal success in the league here. His family has had a stable home for almost a decade, etc.

I’m sure he’d love to win some playoff games, and even a SB, but there’s other things that can be important to people.

Any team would have drafted him and paid him well.  This is like marrying your first junior high girlfriend.   But hey it's his career. 

Aj can stay here but lordy does Mike Brown do little to earn the loyalty. 
Reply/Quote