Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If.....
Derwin James, Roquan Smith and Quentin Nelson are all available when we select in the first round, who are you taking?

Personally, I'm taking Nelson first, followed by Smith, then James.  I think Nelson should be ranked highest.  And its essential to shore up that interior OL with the nastiest guy in the draft.  But.....having said that, I can totally get on board with taking a LB in the first because we are beyond thin and weak at the LB position.  So, if we take the LB from Georgia, I wouldn't be upset in the least. 

What do you think is the better start to the draft?

Option 1.
1. Quentin Nelson OG
2. Malik Jefferson LB
3. James Daniels  C/OG

Option 2.
1.  Roquan Smith  LB
2.  Isaiah Wynn OT/OG
3.  Martinas Rankin OT
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Would consider it a huge win if these 3 players are available at 12.

Hoping 1 is somehow though.

To answer question it would be Nelson per OL need.

Could live with either of the other two though as long as OL was still addressed in next few rounds.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would consider it a huge win if these 3 players are available at 12.

Hoping 1 is somehow though.

To answer question it would be Nelson per OL need.

Could live with either of the other two though as long as OL was still addressed in next few rounds.

Normally, I'd be with you, but I'm hoping that Paul Alexander being gone and Pollack coming in means that we don't need first round linemen to be successful.  I'm also hoping that drafting a center relatively high or signing one (Jensen) improves the guard play.  

I'm taking James if he's there because he can do so much and can be a playmaker all over the field on defense.
Reply/Quote
I'm taking Roquan Smith if it's between those three because I feel LB is the weakest position out of OG, S, and LB.
But I think this class is deep at all those positions as well and would be ok waiting until Day 2 to address those positions and go OT or DT in the first instead due to need (or C if they traded back).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Roquan Smith for me. C and T are more important than a G to me. I haven't formed a conclusion on James yet where he best projects.
The BPA, off the board guy, not mentioned, who has gained favor with me is Da'Ron Payne DT.
Reply/Quote
James is probably the higher rated player. Linebacker is the bigger need. I’d be ecstatic if I could get either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:59 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Derwin James, Roquan Smith and Quentin Nelson are all available when we select in the first round, who are you taking?

Personally, I'm taking Nelson first, followed by Smith, then James.  I think Nelson should be ranked highest.  And its essential to shore up that interior OL with the nastiest guy in the draft.  But.....having said that, I can totally get on board with taking a LB in the first because we are beyond thin and weak at the LB position.  So, if we take the LB from Georgia, I wouldn't be upset in the least. 

What do you think is the better start to the draft?

Option 1.
1. Quentin Nelson OG
2. Malik Jefferson LB
3. James Daniels  C/OG

Option 2.
1.  Roquan Smith  LB
2.  Isaiah Wynn OT/OG
3.  Martinas Rankin OT
This is a tough one for me.  If somehow Edmunds is there in round 2 instead of Jefferson, I would select Option 1.  But Smith is my guy as of January until the Combine  occurs.  I also really Like Wynn.  I just think Nelson and Smith are going to be Pro-Bowl players.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Trumain edmunds! Over roquan Smith! But it's a tie for me between Smith and Edmunds
Reply/Quote
I'd take any of them.  And I love Da'Ron Payne.

The highest rated player is James at this point.   I'd be very tempted to take him if he was there (pretty sure he won't be).   There are so many things we could do with him back there.

But I'll take any of them - including Payne - at 12.
Reply/Quote
Nelson all day. In a year he should be in the conversation as one of the best in the NFL.

We need that aggressive bully mentality on our OL. Adding a bulldozer like him would pay huge dividends for our offense.
Reply/Quote
Of the two options presented? #1, all day long. Though, I like Daniels body of work, I'd like to see another 20# of good mass on him for facing up against 3-4 NTs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nelson
James
Smith

James would probably be a better LB than Smith at WLB, keep Burfict in the middle. He’s also bigger and faster than Smith.
Reply/Quote
Nelson is a rare talent, but it really depends if they decide to make Boling a full time LT. Lets not forget how good Redmond and Westermann look at guard. I do feel that Westermann could possible play center, but there are so many questions about our line at this point its to early to tell.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 08:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Nelson
James
Smith

James would probably be a better LB than Smith at WLB, keep Burfict in the middle. He’s also bigger and faster than Smith.

I mean you would think he would adjust to the Mike (which I think he played in college), but he did not look so hot there when Minter went down...

Love James - who could definitely play weak side, is so instinctive and is just such a great tackler.   He could be used in a large variety of ways.
Reply/Quote
I can't see them going LB in round 1 or 2 when they only play 2 linebackers over 75% of the time.

I don't think the team sees it as a need at all. They like Vigil and Burfict is Burfict. I think they also like what they see from Jordan Evans.
Reply/Quote