Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ike Taylor: Strong Possibility Bell Holds Out!
Ike Taylor says that there's a strong possibility that Le'Veon Bell holds out, possibly even until only days before the regular season:

Quote:Taylor added that Bell wants to be paid like a No. 1 running back and a No. 2 receiver combined, given that Bell finished second on the team last year in receptions and receiving yards. Taylor also seemed to suggest what it would have taken to get a deal done; by saying that the team should offer Bell $3 million more per year and given that the team’s last offer reportedly averaged $12 million annually, it looks like Bell wants exactly what he suggested he wanted in a rap song last summer: $15 million per year.

Although the Steelers and Bell currently can’t sign a long-term deal until after the regular season ends, the Steelers can offer Bell more than his current $12.1 million franchise tender on a one-year deal. So they could still, if they want, increase the tender to $15 million — and Bell has every right to stay away until they do.

Indeed, he can stay away until only days before the start of the regular season, and still get his $12.1 million. The only question is whether the Steelers would become exasperated and decide to assign the duties of No. 1 running back (and No. 2 receiver) to someone else.

I can only PRAY that he stays true to his word and holds out because then he'll go into the season rusty and get injured again!

People will say "Oh, so you think he's just laying on his couch while holding out and not working out," but there's a big difference between working out on your own and running in game-type situations that he would face in practice and then also the contact he would get, especially in preseason, and also the football moves he would make, which are often made as a natural reaction and his body would need to be ready for it.

Will the Steelers break from their usual team tendencies of holding strong and not caving to player demands or will they give glass-knees what he wants?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ike Taylor says that there's a strong possibility that Le'Veon Bell holds out, possibly even until only days before the regular season:

I can only PRAY that he stays true to his word and holds out because then he'll go into the season rusty and get injured again!

People will say "Oh, so you think he's just laying on his couch while holding out and not working out," but there's a big difference between working out on your own and running in game-type situations that he would face in practice and then also the contact he would get, especially in preseason, and also the football moves he would make, which are often made as a natural reaction and his body would need to be ready for it.

Will the Steelers break from their usual team tendencies of holding strong and not caving to player demands or will they give glass-knees what he wants?

i hope they give him what he wants and then is out for the season. lol
Reply/Quote
No offense, but I really don't give a rats ass about that loser. Let's see how effective he is against the Bengals D! Once we are done with him they will regret giving him anything over the league minimum.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 10:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ike Taylor says that there's a strong possibility that Le'Veon Bell holds out, possibly even until only days before the regular season:

Brad, if your "praying" that a player on a opposing team that you hate ,holds out or gets injured, I have one thing to say to you, Get a life. I'm sure there are more important things going on in your life that you could use Gods help with!
Peace out. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 03:52 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Brad, if your "praying" that a player on a opposing team that you hate ,holds out or gets injured, I have one thing to say to you, Get a life. I'm sure there are more important things going on in your life that you could use Gods help with!
Peace out. ThumbsUp

I obviously didn't mean literally that I was praying to God, but more hoping, and it's not just so he gets injured, but so that he gets a taste of poetic justice and so your "model franchise" takes one on the chin.

And if he's injured for the reasons that I'm saying, then it will be poetic justice for him holding out like this when he could have signed the 12 million dollar tender or signed the offer to pay him with $30M in first 2 years, $42M over 3. He wants 15, which is what he would have gotten in the first two and then 12 in the third, which, with his inability to stay healthy all year, was more than fair.

Way to avoid the fact that your back is an idiot, though, and attack me on an accusation when I obviously wasn't being literal.
Reply/Quote
I am surprised ike Taylor can complete a competent sentence. The guy is painful to listen to on NFL network.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 03:52 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Brad, if your "praying" that a player on a opposing team that you hate ,holds out or gets injured, I have one thing to say to you, Get a life. I'm sure there are more important things going on in your life that you could use Gods help with!
Peace out. ThumbsUp

To unbolded.  Ninja

God help's Brad in many ways, for one this example of me pointing out your lame, douchey response to his smack. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am surprised ike Taylor can complete a competent sentence.  The guy is painful to listen to on NFL network.

This.

I get S. Louisiana accents...I don't get inarticulate Ike Taylor.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: This.

I get S. Louisiana accents...I don't get inarticulate Ike Taylor.

I look forward when his NFL network contract is up and they move on.

How can he even be on TV.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 11:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I look forward when his NFL network contract is up and they move on.  

How can he even be on TV.

I have no idea.  Local media loved him because he said crazy stuff.  Seems like an affable guy...but he can't speak English.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I obviously didn't mean literally that I was praying to God, but more hoping, and it's not just so he gets injured, but so that he gets a taste of poetic justice and so your "model franchise" takes one on the chin.

And if he's injured for the reasons that I'm saying, then it will be poetic justice for him holding out like this when he could have signed the 12 million dollar tender or signed the offer to pay him with $30M in first 2 years, $42M over 3. He wants 15, which is what he would have gotten in the first two and then 12 in the third, which, with his inability to stay healthy all year, was more than fair.

Way to avoid the fact that your back is an idiot, though, and attack me on an accusation when I obviously wasn't being literal.

It's Leveon Bell.  If he gets injured, how can you really tell if it's because he held out?  That's like saying Adam Jones did something stupid because he was drunk.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 06:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To unbolded.  Ninja

God help's Brad in many ways, for one this example of me pointing out your lame, douchey response to his smack. Mellow

The unbolden must apply to your to your hillbilly self also. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 04:53 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The unbolden must apply to your to your hillbilly self also. Hilarious

You call me hillbilly, like it's a bad thing.  However, in reality, it's typically Steeler fans that are associated with Appalachia, rather than Bengal fans..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 03:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's Leveon Bell.  If he gets injured, how can you really tell if it's because he held out?  That's like saying Adam Jones did something stupid because he was drunk.

I'm just saying it increases the speed in which he gets injured and most likely the frequency.

(07-21-2017, 04:53 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The unbolden must apply to your to your hillbilly self also. Hilarious

Oh, you mean being hillbilly in a way like cheering for a team whose most important player is a rapist?! That kind of hillbilly?!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have no idea.  Local media loved him because he said crazy stuff.  Seems like an affable guy...but he can't speak English.

Most people in Pittsburgh can not speak English. Maybe that's why they liked the cut of this guy's jib.

That aside.... he does seem like an Ok guy. He at least had the courage to come out and say the Burfict hit on Brown was legal and shouldn't have been flagged. That couldn't have been easy to be so honest.
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for Bell's autobiography--"How ***** Stupid Can One Man Be?"
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm just saying it increases the speed in which he gets injured and most likely the frequency.  

Oh, you mean being hillbilly in a way like cheering for a team whose most important player is a rapist?! That kind of hillbilly?!

Hi Brad. No, I mean that one of us (now it seems more than one of us) is praying that players on the big bad Steelers get injured so my wreck of a football team has a chance to beat them, and it ain't me. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 06:59 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi Brad. No, I mean that one of us (now it seems more than one of us) is praying that players on the big bad Steelers get injured so my wreck of a football team has a chance to beat them, and it ain't me. ThumbsUp

I guess you missed the post where I said that I didn't mean I was literally praying, but likely just chose to ignore it because Steelers' fans are delusional and only see what they want to see.

Anyways, Steelers better get their assistant coaches ready to illegally come on the field so they have a chance at beating us this year  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You call me hillbilly, like it's a bad thing.  However, in reality, it's typically Steeler fans that are associated with Appalachia, rather than Bengal fans..

Sorry if I offended you.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 05:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I guess you missed the post where I said that I didn't mean I was literally praying, but likely just chose to ignore it because Steelers' fans are delusional and only see what they want to see.

Anyways, Steelers better get their assistant coaches ready to illegally come on the field so they have a chance at beating us this year  ThumbsUp

My bad Brad. I see that I took you seriously instead of literally. Or is it literally instead of figuratively? Anyway I'm delusional as you know. Hilarious
Reply/Quote