Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ikem Ekwonu
Video 
Well that didn’t take long. Just started looking at prospects and I already fell in love.

Ikem Ekwonu played G and T at NC State. His highlights make me feel like I’m watching Penei again.

Reply/Quote
He probably will do well at the combine. He ran anchor on his HS relay team. Also is a good student...good enough that he had a couple of Ivy League offers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see him being taken in the top 15 an awful lot in mocks. Sometimes top 10. Most think he's more if a guard than tackle, so maybe he drops some.

He orLinderbaum falling into our laps is the dream scenario. But both are likely gone before we pick. Great prospect, though.
Reply/Quote
He's building up steam in the draft community.
So much so that some sites are starting to put him as the top OL in the draft class, ahead of Neal, Linderbaum, Cross, and Green.
I always get nervous though with late-riser OL.
I haven't looked enough at him though, but I'd feel more comfortable with one of those other guys if I had a choice because they've been highly regarded longer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well that didn’t take long. Just started looking at prospects and I already fell in love.

Ikem Ekwonu played G and T at NC State. His highlights make me feel like I’m watching Penei again.

Ive seen enough and he goes by "Icky"....where do i sign? seriously though...looks like a great prospect. 
Reply/Quote
He's the top rated tackle by more than a few of the draft guys that I follow on Twitter. I don't think he or Linderbaum will be around.

That being said, I'm really hoping they bring in a solid vet to anchor the line.
Reply/Quote