Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illoka Appearing to be Staying
(03-09-2016, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That sounds like a GREAT deal.

It'd leave us with around $9M left to spend on resigning Pacman and Nelson and possibly getting a free agent WR/LB.

Very very very nice deal, good job front office if this is true.

$6M a year is very nice considering he is a top 10 safety, I honestly thought he would be asking for more around $8-9m a year.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

Sounds lik a TERRIFIC deal!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

For both sides.

Unless he just never steps on the field, he gets a $30 million contract that he — most likely — won't get cut from. Even if his production drops, we tend to honor contracts. So he gets $30 million in five years. Which beats going to another team for a couple million more per year, but getting shown the door after 2-3 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:27 PM)milksheikh Wrote: It'd leave us with around $9M left to spend on resigning Pacman and Nelson and possibly getting a free agent WR/LB.

Not if they gave him $10 million up front in the first year.

No way Iloka signs for $6 mil a year unless he gets most of it upfront.  If it is in a signing bonus they can spread out the cap hit.  But if they just pay him a ton in the first year it could take up most of the money they have allocated to spend.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we resign Nelson now. I think we Let Williams take over and remember we did draft another Safety last year who they liked. I think they now take the remaining money to go get Pacman and we pick up a couple cap casualties and stragglers to fill in.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am actually one of Reggie's bigger fans.

But with Williams behind him and multiple other starters as free agents everything points to Nelson ending up elsewhere.

Yeah.  You're probably right.  Just wishful thinking on my part, since Reggie is one of my favorite Bengals.  Who's gonna intercept Ben two or three times a year now?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:33 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  You're probably right.  Just wishful thinking on my part, since Reggie is one of my favorite Bengals.  Who's gonna intercept Ben two or three times a year now?

I wouldn't be so quick to pull the plug on Reggie just yet.....they should let Andre Smith walk, get Hall cheap, or let him go, possibly Sanu.....the money is still there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't be so quick to pull the plug on Reggie just yet.....they should let Andre Smith walk, get Hall cheap, or let him go, possibly Sanu.....the money is still there.

I'm with this. Let Andre go and resign Reggie.
Reply/Quote
Signing Pacman should be priority #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think we resign Nelson now. I think we Let Williams take over and remember we did draft another Safety last year who they liked. I think they now take the remaining money to go get Pacman and we pick up a couple cap casualties and stragglers to fill in.

I REALLY liked the way Williams played last year when he got an opportunity. It seemed like all he ever did was make plays. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
IMO, Adam Jones becomes the next target if indeed Iloka is done.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm with this. Let Andre go and resign Reggie.

I highly doubt Andre was ever on their radar as far as retaining after drafting back to back OL last year.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport
Twitter › RapSheet
For #Bengals and S George Iloka, it's a done deal. 5 years, $30M with $18M over the first 3 years. Cincy players often play them all out.
54 secs ago - Twitter
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't be so quick to pull the plug on Reggie just yet.....they should let Andre Smith walk, get Hall cheap, or let him go, possibly Sanu.....the money is still there.

Like I said before.  I like Nelson a lot, but I think the min reason he moves on is the fact that we have what appears to be a capable replacement.

When you look at who you let walk you have to consider which ones have the best replacement available.

With Dennard hurting I believe we will definitely re-sign either Adam or Leon at CB.

I also believe we will make a strong run at Sanu.  The coaches really seem to love the guy.  But if the paucity of WR talent in the free agent pool may drive up his price.  I want to keep him, but I dpn't want to overpay to do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said before.  I like Nelson a lot, but I think the min reason he moves on is the fact that we have what appears to be a capable replacement.

When you look at who you let walk you have to consider which ones have the best replacement available.

With Dennard hurting I believe we will definitely re-sign either Adam or Leon at CB.

I also believe we will make a strong run at Sanu.  The coaches really seem to love the guy.  But if the paucity of WR talent in the free agent pool may drive up his price.  I want to keep him, but I dpn't want to overpay to do it.

Yeah, I get what you're saying....but depth is nice too.  The trio of Williams, Nelson, and Iloka would be the best back end in the game, in my opinion.  I'd sign Jones, and let Leon go.....or sign for a VERY team friendly deal....I'm talking approaching vet minimum.  I LOVE Leon, but age is creeping up, and the injuries have taken their toll.  

I'd let Sanu go as well.  I just don't get the love.....he gets the dropsies from time to time, and disappears totally.  Draft, cheap stop gap vet like a Bouldin....still money for Reggie.  I sure wouldn't overpay for him if I didn't overpay Jones.

While I agree Nelson is most likely odd man out, there are scenarios that could keep him here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said before.  I like Nelson a lot, but I think the min reason he moves on is the fact that we have what appears to be a capable replacement.

Agree, you can't spend top money on a vet when you have a capable replacment. Smith is all but gone already, but that doesn't mean the money goes to Reggie. I think that money moves to Pacman now and possibly Sanu.
Reply/Quote
Good news!

I agree that they end up bringing Adam Jones back. Williams will slide into Nelson's spot.
Reply/Quote
Keep our own first. Next up should be Marvin Jones.

Never mind just saw he's leaving for Detroit.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Keep our own first. Next up should be Marvin Jones.

Um........
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:22 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Keep our own first. Next up should be Marvin Jones.

Someone's late to the party...he's signing with DET
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote